PDA

View Full Version : Swimming in the Amazon ??

Brody
March 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I got this from a friend. I never realized that these things got so big, but I guess if you don't miss many meals, you end up big. The teeth on this thing are over 1 1/2" long or very close to it.

Anyone for a casual SA swimfest??

Funrover
March 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Those scare me!

WINKY
March 8th, 2009, 11:08 AM
WTF IS THAT????:eek:

Chris
March 8th, 2009, 11:12 AM
One of those goldfish for your backyard pond. :D

Brody
March 8th, 2009, 12:22 PM
That is the biggest piranaha in the whole world to date.It actually set a world's record. I always thought that piranahas were these dinky little bada** little fishies the size of your average bream...

I guess if you are a real bada** piranaha and eat everything that slows down and are relatively agressive, you get to be pretty damn big! That thing looks like it would take your leg off in one bite.

The same friend that sent this also sent another set of pictures that showed an excavator driver who managed to drive his rig off the ramp into the Amazon. He cut his hand trying to open the window to get out and piranahas literally ate him alive. They were taking fish out of his chest cavity...and he had no flesh on his skull...no photochopping, either.

The video he sent was guys surfing the tidal wave that surges into the Amazon from the sea. This covers the whole width of the river and moves very, very fast. They drop off of a boat that is matching speed with the wave in order to surf it. They started the video by showing these guys holding a big fish on a pole over the side of the boat just slightly in the water. The piranahas tore that fish down to the bones in seconds..Then they casually dropped into the water to surf...Bull riding and climbing are dangerous? They don't hold a candle to this stuff.....

And don't ask cause I don't know what this friend's hang up on piranahas is...and don't ask me why I always look at the piranaha stuff that he sends me, either....

WINKY
March 8th, 2009, 12:48 PM
i read once that a good size school of piranha can take a grown cow and strip it to the bone in like an hour and a half or 2 hours.. correct me if wrong...

i also remember being at my grandmothers house out in the boonies of loxahatchee in florida and watching Piranha the movie (late 70's flick) it freaked me the F out!!!

Brody
March 8th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I would think that the full grown cow thing is fairly accurate, though that is figuring a school of regular piranha, not anything this size. Googling 'piranha attacks' would probably bring up some rather grim stuff...

WINKY
March 8th, 2009, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4frRbnl50HU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5JpWWTtVMo fish powered sheetmetel shears...!!!

Pathrat
March 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM
That is messed up. Fish should NOT have teeth like that. Yes, I thought they were like trout sized little ba***rds.

I showed Hunter and he says, "I''m glad they killed it!"

Chris
March 8th, 2009, 07:54 PM
There's plenty of room on the planet for those monsters, just as long as they're never within 1000 miles of me! :eek:

Funrover
March 8th, 2009, 08:47 PM
That first video is pretty impressive