PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in insurance?

4Runninfun
March 13th, 2009, 08:02 PM
i'm posting up to see if anyone is or knows of anyone who is an insurance adjuster. i'm really interested in the position but i'd like to talk with someone directly and ask some questions. thanks!:cool:

Chris
March 13th, 2009, 08:20 PM
My son-in-law works for a body shop and deals with adjusters daily. May be able to provide some perspective.

4Runninfun
March 13th, 2009, 08:28 PM
humm, well my questions are along the lines of how did you get in with the company? did you go to training before hand, if so where? expected first year income? those sorts of things.

Chris
March 13th, 2009, 09:15 PM
He wouldn't be able to help there.

4Runninfun
March 13th, 2009, 09:38 PM
bummer

Brody
March 14th, 2009, 05:06 AM
You are too nice of a guy to be an insurance adjuster, Jon!

Give LaDawn a call later on today, but before noon or after 4, and ask her. Our insurance agent is pretty cool and has been in the buz forever and LD knows everyone and may be able to help. 303-761-4818

4Runninfun
March 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM
You are too nice of a guy to be an insurance adjuster, Jon!

Give LaDawn a call later on today, but before noon or after 4, and ask her. Our insurance agent is pretty cool and has been in the buz forever and LD knows everyone and may be able to help. 303-761-4818

haha well true some aspects of the jobs can be a real pain, but what i'm looking to focus on is property investigation. basically what went wrong? why did it go wrong? my cousin was an adjuster for a couple years and it seams like a good job, that stays new and doesn't confine you to a cubicle.

thanks for the tip i'll give her a call for sure.

Brody
March 15th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Just think...you could have been the guy investigating the 'mystery fire' that happened to my Greenwood Village spec home. The guy investigating that is having some fun uncovering the can of worms that my ex partner and buddies made of it....

Do give LD a call. Our insurance guy has been in the business for most of his life and will probably happily talk to you..

4Runninfun
March 15th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Just think...you could have been the guy investigating the 'mystery fire' that happened to my Greenwood Village spec home. The guy investigating that is having some fun uncovering the can of worms that my ex partner and buddies made of it....

i don't know if i should ask or not...:p

Brody
March 15th, 2009, 11:05 AM
The big Greenwood Village multi million dollar home that has been in the news as it so 'mysteriously ' burned down was a spec home that a partner and I built. I got stiffed big time on the house and had 5 suits against all the parties involved. I was using the house as collateral to get my original $250K, plus another $650k (my retirement $$) back. It 'went up in flames', having been vacant for the last 1 1/2 years...fancy that...

Anyway, all this information has been all over the news, including all sorts of speculation on any of the news channel blog sites. Just google 'greenwood village fire'

4Runninfun
March 15th, 2009, 11:40 AM
ah ok i remember you talking about that now, have you been able to make any progress?

Patrolman
August 13th, 2009, 03:19 PM
You should try to reach out to this guy:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/percy-butler/a/ab4/98

Seems to be big in the biz. He is connected to me, so if you want an "intro" let me know.

Brody
August 13th, 2009, 03:44 PM
We use these folks and have for a couple of years now. When we switched insurance companies for our vehicles and 3 homes. The car insurance was literally halved and with a better coverage. The home insurance premium stayed about the same, but the coverage more than doubled and was better coverage to boot.

They handle Auto, Home, Worker's Comp, Life and Health insurance.

Jerry and Peggy Raub
14164 West 84th Place
Arvada, CO 80005

Phone: 303-403-4077

peggy@accesstoinsurance.net
jerry@accesstoinsurance.net

And they are nice folks, too..