PDA

View Full Version : yankee hill (slip and slide)

Roostercruiser
March 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM
went up last night to yankee hill with Sarah and the kids and DEEZPWR. it was a night run and Randy just put on new lights and new tires. there was not a whole lot of snow until the top past the clearing then the road turned icy with hard snow on top. the burb was in front with the Dakota in middle and the truck pulling up the rear. the snow was getting slippery and the burb started to slide sideways down the hill and i stop and ask eveybody to back up because it was impassible for our heavy trucks. Randy backed out and Sarah started to back out and the front of the dakota slipped off the trail. we had really no traction to help pull her out. almost1.5 hrs later she finally got unstuck. while getting unstuck my son Jesse threw up in the back seat and on Sarah :eek: which made it miserable for Sarah. After being pulled out into the clearing Sarah headed home to put the kids to bed and change. Randy and i stayed and ran the loop to Central City and and back to Yankee hill. it was fun minus the throwing up part and sliding sideways off the trail.
gotta do again next time no snow.:thunb: i have no pics because it was dark

WINKY
March 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM
puke is bad. snow is bad. but i had fun!

Funrover
March 15th, 2009, 07:15 PM
WOW!! Sounds fun,scary, and disgusting all in one quick story!

Chris
March 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM
My sympathies to Sarah!

Tip: Always carry a spare set of clothes!

Brody
March 16th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Sounds like me and kids...every time I hold a small child, they decide that I am a great place to disgorge some sort of bodily fluids onto...without fail...every time...

Pathrat
March 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Sounds like me and kids...every time I hold a small child, they decide that I am a great place to disgorge some sort of bodily fluids onto...without fail...every time...

I think there is an underground network that spreads the word on your mention of "bagging and bridging" and they just expel on you so you let them go. :D

Brody
March 17th, 2009, 06:41 AM
You may be right! You just got points from LaDawn who read this....

1freaky1
March 17th, 2009, 06:45 AM
That is one of the first trails I took my truck on when I bought it, we had fun and need to do it again and explore more of the off shoots, And the thing about kids losing their stomachs I feel for you all on that one almost nothing grosser than wearing someone else vomit.

Pathrat
March 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
You may be right! You just got points from LaDawn who read this....

:lol: Cool! HI LaDawn!