PDA

View Full Version : RSS Feeds

Chris
March 18th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I have set up RSS Feeds for a number of the forums based upon what i think is appropriate. Since more people are using RSS I decided to keep Front Range 4x4 on the cutting edge. :rolleyes:

If you are familar with RSS you know what to do to subscribe to one or all that I have made available. If you don't know that's fine and you might see a small icon on the pages, ignore them and continue as you always have.

Curious? Here's a brief explanation. Rather than visiting a series of web pages every day, many people users are installing RSS newsreaders and configure them to pull RSS feeds. It's like having news delivered to your desktop on whatever device you choose (typically it's a browser). Essentially, an RSS feed is a hosted XML file that your RSS newsreader pulls headlines, URLs, and other content as it is updated.

Still curious and want to give it a try? You'll need to download and install a free RSS newsreader client if your current browser doesn't handle RSS. Many are available for free, just search for RSS using your favorite search engine and download it. Once you have it just point your software to RSS feeds of interest, and you're done!

:thunb: