PDA

View Full Version : Calendar - Use It!

Chris
March 18th, 2009, 08:19 PM
With the new feature of RSVP's on the Calendar I strongly recommend everyone use it for any trail run they're doing. Of course the usual post under Trail Runs should be used and linked to the event on the Calendar. It provides a much easier way to see all the details and for people to reply.

:cheers:

Brody
March 19th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah, folks...let's use the calendar for the run posts. I know when I go onto other sites to check for trail runs, the first thing I look at is their calendar to see what is posted. It will link back to the trail runs section...I have forgotten to do this a couple of times myself, so thanks for the reminder!

Chris
March 24th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Calendar Use:

You will see a 'Calendar (http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php)' link near the top of the forums. The forums have one Calendar that can be viewed and used by all members. Members can add upcoming events that might interest the community.

You can also sign up to get email alerts about upcoming events.

How do I add an event to the Calendar?
There's a box on the Calendar labelled 'Add New Event'. There are three types of event that can be added to a calendar:
Single, All Day Event - an event that takes place for the whole of a day.
Ranged Event - events that have a defined start time and end time, not necessarily both on the same day.
Recurring Event - repeat over a set period of time based on certain criteria. Examples would be an event that occurs on the first Monday of every month and an event that occurs every Monday and Wednesday. Just choose the appropriate option for the event you are adding, fill in the required information including a link to the thread with additional info on the event, then save the event. It will now appear on the Calendar.

You should also use the RSVP feature, could be much easier!
check "Allow users to RSVP" and fill in the other info (or not)

Chris
April 10th, 2009, 09:48 AM
RSVP Reminder: Please change your RSVP if you change your mind.

Funrover
April 18th, 2009, 05:44 PM
The RSVP is nice..lets me know who I am waiting for...or who is waiting for me! haha

Chris
December 29th, 2009, 03:30 PM
As you can see I've added it to the good old "yellow section" for now. The RSVP's will be back, just waiting for the author to update it.

DukeofJeep
September 22nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
Is this calendar a "Google" Calendar? If so it seems it would be a good option to provide a link to add the calendar to your other Google calendars to it will sync to your phone. I don't think it has to be a Google calendar as I also have some yahoo calendars syncing to my phone.

Jim
September 22nd, 2013, 05:26 PM
It's a calendar function in the forum. It's not a Google calendar.