PDA

View Full Version : one more woohoo for the day - I also got a job

gragravar
March 20th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Today I accepted a 6 month consulting gig. the good side is that it will be a fun job and that it pays pretty well, the bad side is I will get to spend about 3 weeks/month in CA rather than at home here. Hopefully the time away wont bother my wife and kids too much.

Still having the next 6 months of income covered is good. hopefully the economy will pick up over that time and I can find something permanent. that or this might just be the start of my own consulting business...

either way, woohoo.

Funrover
March 20th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Congrats... bummer on being away from the family

Chris
March 20th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Congratulations! Two in one day, let's hope this is a trend!

:cheers:

Funrover
March 20th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Congratulations! Two in one day, let's hope this is a trend!

:cheers:

:thunb::thunb: Here's hoping!

gragravar
March 20th, 2009, 04:46 PM
it must have been that bike ride yesterday. more of the unemployed on the board should have come with us.:D

Patrolman
March 20th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Instead of the ride, I went to a seminar put on by the Help Desk Institute. Hadn't heard of them, especially since they refer to themselves as HDI. The event was free and the topic was how to recession proof your career with a guest speaker/author from Wisconsin. Super nice guy. The topic was general enough that 1/2 the room wasn't part of HDI.

In any case, I won a 1 year membership ($150) in a raffle. I am now a member of the Help Desk Institute!

Also, got word on Tuesday that I am 1/40 people going to exam #2 for a state job. There are 11 jobs total, so my chances of being employed soon are really good!

gragravar
March 20th, 2009, 04:56 PM
awesome. good luck!

Jimmy
March 20th, 2009, 08:32 PM
:thunb::thunb: Here's hoping!

No doubt! Best of luck to all!

WINKY
March 21st, 2009, 01:31 AM
good to hear man! any income is better than no income!

Brody
March 21st, 2009, 04:07 AM
Now THIS is good news!

Congratulations to both of you guys! I am really glad to hear this. A couple of little drawbacks, but you're working...

I would take the drawbacks, myself, and not whine like I am prone to do if I got a job....

Roostercruiser
March 21st, 2009, 11:06 AM
congrads i hope there is more of this site to come with jobs. best of luck in CALI

Pathrat
March 22nd, 2009, 09:44 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!