PDA

View Full Version : thanks bskey

4Runninfun
March 22nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
thanks again for the parts. i got home and sorted through the lot of it. definitely some good stuff!

bskey
March 31st, 2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks for clearing out my garage!! ;) I'm glad you're satisfied with the lot; it's definitely some good stuff!

Brody
March 31st, 2009, 06:21 PM
So Jon...ya got anything I can use for my new 84 pick up, 22r, carbed power house?

Just kidding..it's my new work truck and needs some TLC is all...

4Runninfun
March 31st, 2009, 06:56 PM
i dunno whatcha need?

Brody
March 31st, 2009, 07:45 PM
Don't know yet...I just drove it back from Longmont and parked it in the driveway. Looks more TLC than anything at the moment and a couple of boneyard trips for odds and ends of interior pieces...Oh...then there are some minor rust "see through" type issues...Mechanically it is ok...usual stuff..tune, pcv, plugs, points, air filter...and an odd ball oil leak...oh yeah...some basic tightening of anything I can get my hands on. I just have to stay on track and say "WORK TRUCK" whenever I look at it.

Then I have to see if I can somehow clone Addicted Off road's way cool bumper, the one I wanted ever since he posted a picture of it, onto my rig and get rid of mine. I would no longer have to deal with the rather BS ARB design where you lose skin using the winch...I would just stick a stock bumper back on it then.

4Runninfun
March 31st, 2009, 08:14 PM
sounds good. Well if you find anything you need. Just let me know. I have all sorts of random things, incl. interior parts. I guess you'll see it all when i give ya a call when i'm ready to put the motor back in. :thunb:

Brody
March 31st, 2009, 08:18 PM
Yep...count me in for a hand with that. Just give me a little bit of a heads up and I am good to go...I'll even take my 'new' DD down there!

Posted a thread on the oil leak in the 'How to/Help wanted'. Look at what I wrote and see what you think. I know you have been all over your engine more than you want to, so maybe you have an idea. Appreciate any thoughts you may have on it.

bskey
April 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM
Jon, I'll get a list together of the other parts people were asking for.

4Runninfun
April 1st, 2009, 10:53 AM
thanks brett i'd appreciate that