PDA

View Full Version : Pathrat on Top of the World etc.

Gate Monkey
March 23rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Last weekend Pathrat and I went to Moab area. We did Top of the World, part of Gemini, part of Bull Canyon and part of Onion Creek. The last time we did Top of the World was Sepetember 2007. It certainly has changed since we last ran that trail. It looked like it had gotten a lot of hard use in the last 18 months. Our friend Charles Wells said it was a suitable trail for stock vehicles looking for a litle more challenge. I think now it would take a very experienced driver to get a stocker through the whole thing. The last time we ran it the FJ was mostly stock and with the newer mods we thought we could run it in about 3 hours. Well with the changes the trail had undergone it took us all of 4 hours up and back.

Anyway, here is a link to the video I posted on youtube. It shows Pathrat on a couple of the tougher spots on Top of the World and then some playing in the sand in Bull Canyon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExBFveJx28

* I had accidentally deleted the original video from youtube so I had to re-edit it from scratch and now it has been reposted and I have updated the link in this post so the above link is correct.

Chris
March 23rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
Well done as always Hugh! Thanks for sharing! :thunb:

Gate Monkey
March 23rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
My pleasure Chris! My employment status leaves me plenty of time for video editing :)

Pathrat
March 23rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks Gatemonkey! That sand hill was SO MUCH FUN! Drifting in the sand, what a blast

Funrover
March 23rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Great vid! Looks like you had a blast!

Chris
March 23rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
My pleasure Chris! My employment status leaves me plenty of time for video editing :)

That's finding the silver lining! :p

Brody
March 24th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the videos! Good job....

You are a really good and skillful driver, Pathrat! I don't care what Gate Monkey or anyone else says.....

Pathrat
March 24th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the videos! Good job....

You are a really good and skillful driver, Pathrat! I don't care what Gate Monkey or anyone else says.....

Thanks Brody! That's funny, I had to 'correct' Gatemonkey tonight when we were looking at the dumped Sami pictures. He told my son, "There's your mom one day, as reckless as she drives." I think I melted a hole in his forehead with the look he got.

of course he was kidding. :)

H3_Mafia
April 3rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Cool video! When I was in Moab there was a group of us who wanted to do "Top of the World" in the EARLY morning just before sunrise but heard it would've been challenging in the dark. Next time in Moab, this is a must do Trail!

Chris
April 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Next time I go I plan to spend the night at the top. :)

Pathrat
April 3rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
Next time I go I plan to spend the night at the top. :)

Maybe a bit back from the edge? :) That would be a cool place to camp, the flat dirt area just before the ledges, as long as there is no wind.

Pathrat
April 3rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
Cool video! When I was in Moab there was a group of us who wanted to do "Top of the World" in the EARLY morning just before sunrise but heard it would've been challenging in the dark. Next time in Moab, this is a must do Trail!

Thanks. :) I'd say most trails are easier when the are lit up :D

Chris
April 3rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Oh yeah, I can't get near the edge. :eek:

I'd like to be there for the stars rather than a comfy hotel room like I usually do. Hmmm, as often as I have to "get up at night" I'd better give myself some space. :lol:

Tye
April 3rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Whered the video go???

Pathrat
April 3rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hugh says he thinks it got deleted, I will get him to repost it.

Gate Monkey
April 4th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Tye, I got "click-Happy" on youtube and accidentally deleted it. I will have to repost it and edit the link in my orginal post.

Gate Monkey
April 4th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I redid the video (with a couple minor improvements) and reposted it on youtube. Here is the updated link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eExBFveJx28

Funrover
April 5th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Give a dog a bone and.... he will look for it later LOL

itsjustdan23
April 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Great Vid! Looks like you guys had alot of fun. And as far as sleepin on the edge remark. Ive done something similar while hunting the Bitterroot Mountain Range ( panhandle of idaho into Montana ). Nothin like waking up and feelin the like your on top of the world!

Pathrat
April 7th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Great Vid! Looks like you guys had alot of fun. And as far as sleepin on the edge remark. Ive done something similar while hunting the Bitterroot Mountain Range ( panhandle of idaho into Montana ). Nothin like waking up and feelin the like your on top of the world!

Thanks! It was great to get out to one of my favorite places after months of winter.

Pathrat
May 6th, 2009, 08:48 PM