PDA

View Full Version : Wheelers for the Wounded Suggestions

Brody
March 26th, 2009, 05:53 AM
I have been in touch with the folks putting together the Wheelers For The Wounded run and they are having trouble getting in touch with wounded veterans/veteran associations, etc. Since I am not an ex serviceman, I don't have any ideas on this at all. At the moment, the run has more wheelers than veterans involved and they need to get more vets.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions that any of you ex service people can provide.

WINKY
March 26th, 2009, 06:00 AM
come to think of it there is a VA office just down the street, are there any fliers or numbers i can pass out? Ive never been there so i dont know what all is there. Wont hurt to try!

Brody
March 26th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Thanks, Randy

Chris
March 26th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Fliers at the VA Hospital would make sense if that hasn't been done. I guess the question would be what has been done to contact them already?

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I asked an orthopedic surgeon I know, who has been involved in helping some wounded vets, and he is passing the word to his colleagues.

I would see if anyone has put fliers up at the VA. Will pm the guy who is heading this up.

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 05:50 PM
VA, VFW, DAV?

Chris
March 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Like I said before, what's been done?

:confused:

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Like I said before, what's been done?

:confused:

I shot a pm to him directing him to this thread so we could find out and then maybe come up with some relevant suggestions.

WINKY
March 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM
i will swing by there tomorrow after work and see what info i can get and give.

Fortress of Tranquility
March 26th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Hey folks, thanks for jumping in with ideas and offers! I just finished putting together and sent Jim the flier today, and we're working on getting some printed for dissemination.

The word to date from the government agencies/offices is that they cannot post anything, but perhaps individual offices will be receptive. I'm sure Jim will jump on this when he is able.

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 10:06 PM
What about posting notices on a non-government property close to the agencies that would be seeing the population we are looking for? Say, right outside their parking lot?

The DAV and VFW are not government agencies and might be more receptive

WINKY
March 26th, 2009, 10:17 PM
could stick fliers on king soopers post boards..? people gotta eat!

dr350jja
April 4th, 2009, 06:04 PM
We hope to have the WFTW flyers printed up shortly. At that point, I will look to circulate them, where ever possible. So, your help then would surely be appreciated.

So far we have been in contact with the local American Legion Post, www.freedomisnotfree.com (http://www.freedomisnotfree.com), Ft. Carson public affairs/wounded soldier and family info, National and local Easter Seals offices, and various individuals that have connections. If there is anyone here that can help out with this task, please let me know. :)

Thank you all,

Jim Augliera

Pathrat
April 4th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hi, please see my other post about a hospital-wide email I am planning at work and I would like an electronic copy of a flier when you get it. I have emailed my ex-husband, who is a fed and in the Marine Reserves, and asked him to tell me if he knows anyone. I will post up if I hear anything.