PDA

View Full Version : SNOW!

4Runninfun
March 26th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Well the snow hit here about an hour or so ago. Visibility has slowly dropped from a mile about a half hour ago to now it's down to 100 yards. I hope it keeps up like this all day.:D

Brody
March 26th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Got it here now, too. It is almost a white out and I can't see across the street. Nice to see that is coming on so strong....means that it probably be around very long..

4Runninfun
March 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
boulder is already reporting 6in.

Chris
March 26th, 2009, 12:12 PM
It's finally hitting Aurora. :D

Jimmy
March 26th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I was released from work around 1030. :D

4Runninfun
March 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM
hey i didn't think they gave snow days to adults? :lol:

Roostercruiser
March 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM
im at the kansas state linw on 36 starting to sleet and snow and luckiy me i et work outdoors tonight in this from 1130 pm to 11 am in longmnt and brighton

Chris
March 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM

Gov't workers get all the breaks! :D

Barb's company just shut down too, not as generous as Jimmy's boss. ;)

SCRubicon
March 26th, 2009, 01:27 PM
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/SteveChabala/Random%20Junk/2009sno002.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/SteveChabala/Random%20Junk/2009sno003.jpg

(time for some urban 4-wheeling)

Jimmy
March 26th, 2009, 01:32 PM

Gov't workers get all the breaks! :D

Barb's company just shut down too, not as generous as Jimmy's boss. ;)

I was going to say "I don't know if the people who work for the federal gov't could be considered adults." :lol:

SCRubicon
March 26th, 2009, 01:42 PM

Everybody needs a snow day :) This will be me later when Aaron gets here!!!--->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caKV0bk4dKs

Jimmy
March 26th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Everybody needs a snow day :) This will be me later when Aaron gets here!!!---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caKV0bk4dKs

Nice! Have fun...

4Runninfun
March 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
AWESOME STEVE!!! thats true colorado spirit!!

billsbar
March 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM
well this sucks, I was hoping for a big one and it has about stopped snowing. About the only fun was running my big azzed snowblower, didn't even need to lock the hubs on the roid AND it was my day off I thought I was going to get to play in the stuff.

WINKY
March 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM
hey anyone notice its snowing..???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA:doh::bang:

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 06:29 PM
SCRubicon...I noted you were wearing shorts. It is snowing and cold, yet, shorts and an overshirt. People here get kind of touched in the head, I think. :D

I was encouraged to leave at 1pm and finally got to where I could leave at 2pm. Too bad I had to leave things on my counter that will be waiting for me tomorrow. The drive wasn't too bad, only the idiots caused problems, as usual. Figures I just put my MT's back on; fishtailed up Simms, just for a sec.

Chris
March 26th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Too bad I had to leave things on my counter that will be waiting for me tomorrow.

My visual isn't pleasant, just what is decomposing on the counter overnight? :lol:

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 08:45 PM
My visual isn't pleasant, just what is decomposing on the counter overnight? :lol:

Those little (and big) bits and pieces are pickling in formaldehyde...no rotting in my lab allowed. :D Bone tumor, colon, placenta...these are a few of my favorite things

WINKY
March 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Pathrat, i think ive seen you running round these parts, i live up in telluride west west of denny's on union.

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Pathrat, i think ive seen you running round these parts, i live up in telluride west west of denny's on union.

I don't know those parts (and trust me, I know parts ;))...I am about ten minutes from Brody.

WINKY
March 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM
ahh, you mentioned simms, as i am off 6th and union, simms is on the other side.

Pathrat
March 26th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I have been known to frequent the area. You can spot me pretty easily if you can tell the color of the sliders or see my license plate. You need a FR4x4 decal so I can spot you though. :)

WINKY
March 26th, 2009, 10:38 PM
im buying a couple saturday as long as chris remembers to bring them! $$$$$

and brutus is unique (one of those special snowflakes) he cant be missed.

SCRubicon
March 27th, 2009, 06:16 AM
SCRubicon...I noted you were wearing shorts. It is snowing and cold, yet, shorts and an overshirt. People here get kind of touched in the head, I think. :D

It wasn't bad. This morning after Aaron got on his way I shoveled again. Same attire. :thunb:

Brody
March 27th, 2009, 06:41 AM
You guys with the extra insulation....I got cold looking at the picture! I am with Barb...below 70 and it gets chilly...

Chris
March 27th, 2009, 07:24 AM
You'll recognize my truck tomorrow but the maybe not the driver. I'll be wearing all the clothes I own. Barb's bowing out, she says we're nuts to even go outside much less wheeling.

WINKY
March 27th, 2009, 03:43 PM
who called me fat? IM BIG BONED!! HAHAAHHAAHAHAH

Brody
March 27th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Fat wasn't mentioned....extra insulation was...

I know I get laughed at when we are working on something in the garage...me with 20 layers and marginally warm, you in a T shirt and comfortable....even if you are polite enough not to do it out loud....

SCRubicon
March 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah, Pete's tape worm wears a parka when he's working out in the garage :D

Brody
March 27th, 2009, 04:39 PM
You mean that 64' tape worm I have been keeping fed since I was in high school? Should've seen me trying to find someone to sew that parka, too...

I knew you wouldn't be far behind on this one, Steve...just knew it.....

WINKY
March 27th, 2009, 05:13 PM
haHAHAHAHA i dont mind being big, keeps trouble away from me.

What really gives me a laugh is when some people (no one on this forum) thinks us big guys are slow... i beg to differ on that one!:lol:

Pathrat
March 27th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah, Pete's tape worm wears a parka when he's working out in the garage :D

bwaaahaaahaaa! LOVE THAT ONE!

Pathrat
March 27th, 2009, 09:18 PM
You guys with the extra insulation....I got cold looking at the picture! I am with Barb...below 70 and it gets chilly...

You'll recognize my truck tomorrow but the maybe not the driver. I'll be wearing all the clothes I own. Barb's bowing out, she says we're nuts to even go outside much less wheeling.

My AC in the car is generally dormant, the one in the house doesn't get set below 78 in the summer, much to Hugh's dismay, and I have some insulation. Apparently it isn't the right R-value.

Barb is smart. I plan on layering, wearing biggest most insulated boots I own (hopefully I can still feel the pedals) and hoping I don't have to get out much. :D

Brody
March 28th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Yep...LaDawn's side of the bed has the minimal amount of sheets and blankets while mine has blankets about 8" deep. I am the one running around with another layer on (like pile) in the house when LaDawn is wearing a T shirt....She suggested getting me one of those old time sleeping caps...the kind with the tail, you know.....but I just ignored her. I figured that she would somehow get a picture, post it on the site and I would end up being humiliated and shamed....

Pathrat
March 28th, 2009, 10:52 PM
that is really funny!