PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Run Trail Prep and Suggestions

Brody
March 27th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Just a couple of suggestions for this run:

Due to the amount of snow we are probably going to run in to, I would suggest the following, especially since we are probably going to be the only group on the trail:

Bring a tarp or two for wind breaks and to put you or your stuff on
Bring a real shovel-like a big aluminum one or an actual snow shovel
Bring your tow straps
Make sure your winches are in working order if you have one
Bring chains if you have them
Bring chairs to sit on as you are probably not going to find a dry place to sit
Bring winter clothing and boots (I didn't really feel like I needed to say this, but....)

Trail order:

If we have as many people showing up as we expect, we will need to take a little time pre run to organize the people into smaller groups and split up the folks with winches so that there is a winch equipped rig with each group.

We will also have to allow a little more time at the meeting places to allow for bad/slow driving conditions getting to the trail and meet spots

And, last but not least, take a few minutes today to make sure your rig is running well and that all the fluids, batteries, etc, are topped off and working well.

If you have kids, it would probably be fun to bring a sled or two and maybe a tow rope...parental discretion here, of course...I don't have any and LaDawn frowns on this, but it is stuff I always did...like grabbing onto truck bumpers on a skateboard...We always used to rig up a climbing tow rope when we went X country skiing at Montezuma and would ski behind the truck all the way to the parking area...anyway, like I said, you parents make the call on this one....

Chris
March 27th, 2009, 07:28 AM
When i saw "trail prep" I thought "Cool, Pete's going to do some snow busting today to prep China Wall for the rest of us." :lol:

WINKY
March 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
i cant wait to have fun!!! i really need to get my bumper so i can get my winch on :( anyone got $1522 i can borrow?

Brody
March 27th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Want a flexible check??? It's all I have at the moment....

WINKY
March 27th, 2009, 05:35 PM
are them the kind that BOUNCE??? LMAO

So i have purchased the event goods that i volunteered for:

48 hamburger patties
48 hamburger buns
2 box lardcakes
2 box "healthy" nonlardcake granola bars for the health nuts...
1 package OREO DOUBLESTUFFS (ill be fighting for these)
1 package chewy OATMEAL choco chip cookies
1 package chewy choco chip cookies
1 brutus
1 randy

Pathrat
March 27th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Great job DEEZLPWR!

With all the meat going on, can we confirm the number of stoves? Danny is bringing one, as is Roland, right? IF NOT, let me know so I can bring an extra if someone can grab an extra bottle of propane.

text me by 7am:
720-220-9283

thanks

Pathrat
March 27th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Brody,
got it all but the winch. Good comprehensive list. Maybe if I am real nice someone can make sure I have my chains on right? Since I never have before? :princess:
Allright, Hugh just volunteered.

Chris
March 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
If we have as many people showing up as we expect, we will need to take a little time pre run to organize the people into smaller groups and split up the folks with winches so that there is a winch equipped rig with each group.

You'll be great at breaking the groups up Pete. ;)

Yes: 45 (21 members and 24 guests)- down a bit but should be fun. :thunb:

Someone remind me to get chips at Safeway. :D

Pathrat
March 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM
You'll be great at breaking the groups up Pete. ;)

Yes: 45 (21 members and 24 guests)- down a bit but should be fun. :thunb:

Someone remind me to get chips at Safeway. :D

Chris, get chips. The good kind. :D

Chris
March 27th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Good kind? Chips are chips when you're eating with gloves on! ;)

WINKY
March 27th, 2009, 11:51 PM
you wear a glove on your tongue????????:confused:

1freaky1
March 28th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Hope you all have a fun and safe adventure out there!