PDA

View Full Version : So did everyone make it home????

billsbar
March 28th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Since I spent my day at work did everyone have a good time and make it back safely back from the first annual run? pictures for us home bound would be welcome.

Pathrat
March 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I'm back, tired, and I have a bunch of photo editing to do. :)

WINKY
March 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM
me and Roland (cowboy) made it home :)

WINKY
March 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM
pathrat kicked AZZ!!!

Funrover
March 28th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I am home! and you did great also Deezlpwr!

Pathrat
March 28th, 2009, 10:56 PM
pathrat kicked AZZ!!!

THANKS! :)

Chris
March 28th, 2009, 11:12 PM
pathrat kicked AZZ!!!

Some of us got home a bit late due to a detour. :lol:

Pathrat blew by us w/o telling us she did the same thing. Whose directions were they anyway? :erm:

Funrover
March 28th, 2009, 11:21 PM

Pathrat blew by us w/o telling us she did the same thing. Whose directions were they anyway? :erm:

:lol::lol: What way did the detour take you?

Chris
March 28th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Apparently our source of directions figured we all live in the Springs! :rolleyes:

Pathrat
March 28th, 2009, 11:57 PM

My heading the wrong way was due to hitting the "go home" icon on the GPS and then assuming it (we call her Betty) knew where to go; then we stopped paying attention until she started telling us to go places we didn't want to go, like HWY 24. Sorry Chris, I figured you were going to catch I-25 to Aurora. :o

Chris
March 29th, 2009, 12:11 AM
We could have from where we were. :erm:

This appears to be less than glowing performance of that GPS. I can go the wrong way w/o a GPS's help. :lol:

scout man
March 29th, 2009, 03:07 AM
We could have from where we were. :erm:

This appears to be less than glowing performance of that GPS. I can go the wrong way w/o a GPS's help. :lol:

yea, but then you dont have a little box on the window to scream and yell at to make yourself feel better! :2thumbs:

Brody
March 29th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I mentioned 'go right to 285' and it seemed like only Danny and I did that. Everyone else was 'I'm following Chris'. I wondered why everyone turned left on 77, including the folks that live on the NW side of Denver town. I figured you all had a plan.....I stayed to close the gate and watched everyone blast off going towards 24.

GPSs are great....sometimes....we have had 4 GPS units side by side and gotten reading 100-200 yards apart and with up to 800' difference in altitude. I still carry a compass along with the GPS.

Roostercruiser
March 29th, 2009, 08:29 AM
it was a senic detour:D

Chris
March 29th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Everyone else was 'I'm following Chris'.

And I listened to someone else's confident directions. :o

It's all good, we got to have lardcakes after discovering we were heading the wrong way. :lol:

WINKY
March 29th, 2009, 11:05 AM
ok ok ok it was someone elses fault.... lol i forgot to mention that i needed to get to DENVER via 285 not SPRINGS via 285....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:drive: and yes the detour was to see if anyone was paying attention at all.. i knew where i was going :P :doh:

i plead the 5th:o

ShutUpHippie
March 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Home no problem. Thanks everyone for making this happen, we had a blast.

Chris
March 29th, 2009, 01:58 PM
ok ok ok it was someone elses fault.... lol i forgot to mention that i needed to get to DENVER via 285 not SPRINGS via 285....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:drive: and yes the detour was to see if anyone was paying attention at all.. i knew where i was going :P :doh:

i plead the 5th:o

Did you guys stop for a lard cake break? You slowly faded out of CB range and we never saw you again. I figured you finally shared the chocolate lard cakes and were all in a feeding frenzy at the resevoir. :rolleyes:

Home no problem. Thanks everyone for making this happen, we had a blast.

Thanks for making the drive! It was great to have you all with us, look forward to seeing your 62 next time.

Fuel filter!

JeepersCreepers
March 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I had a great time got home safely and super tired. Still tired right now as I type, but another good nights sleep will take care of that. see ya'll on the trail next time

SCRubicon
March 30th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I took it on home back through Woodland Park and up I25. Had the cruise set at 75. (which means we were going 80) My back was still killing me from doing stupid stuff with a snow shovel Friday morning, and Jason was going snowboarding. I need a day at Hot Sulphur Springs to get some knots out. (maybe Wednesday)