PDA

View Full Version : Video from 1st Anniversary Run China Wall

Gate Monkey
March 29th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Hey everybody, I finally got the video done and posted. It is a long boring story but I had some technical difficulties and I had to edit 25 minutes of video so it took a little longer. I tried to include footage of as many rigs as I could but logically the ones around me got the most screen time...Of course Pathrat probably got just a little more screen time but I can't really help that :D. I had to split it into parts 1 and 2 as it was too long for youtube as a single post. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLWxwgOSA5A Part 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHlVwO79eOs Part 2.

Chris
March 29th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks Hugh, great job as always!

Looks good, it's nice that video provides better depth than stills that seem to remove it and make even tough trails look easy. This really shows what it was like. :)

Gate Monkey
March 29th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks Chris...I have found the same thing with video sometimes, but I know what you mean by the still photos making tough obstacles look like nothing. Anyway it was great day out and I was glad to get so much good video.

WINKY
March 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
sorry for dislodging that rock on the downside of that fall, i saw pathrat lift it up when she went over it... my bad but i have to agree vids give the reality of what is happening! :thunb:

Pathrat
March 29th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Thank you GateMonkey! Great footage of everyone, and like Chris said, you captured what it was like. :clap:

Again, great job Spotting Crew!

:furover:, watch the landing on those rocks you jump on!

Pathrat
March 29th, 2009, 09:22 PM
sorry for dislodging that rock on the downside of that fall, i saw pathrat lift it up when she went over it... my bad but i have to agree vids give the reality of what is happening! :thunb:

That's how it goes. :) Good spotting made it ok

Funrover
March 29th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Nice vid.. but I am not in it hahahahaahhahaha (less evidence hahaha) Thanks for posting that up! You have some really great footage in those vids!

Roostercruiser
March 30th, 2009, 01:08 AM
thanks for the vidoe. my bus looks like a great dane going through a poodle doggie door .

Brody
March 30th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the videos, Hugh! A lotta work and they look great!

Oh oh...I see we are back to the bars and stuff for activity, posts and whatnot.....

ShutUpHippie
March 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Sweet videos! As much emphasis on the spotters as possible! You guys did a great job helping me avoid what was almost certain equipment damage. :thunb:

Gate Monkey
March 30th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Sorry FunRover...with 19 vehicles on the run and you up front, I never actually saw you go over anything hence you were not in the video:). You notice most of the rigs in the vehicle were those just in front and just behind Pathrat's position in the pack.

Gate Monkey
March 30th, 2009, 10:52 PM
FunRover, I am correcting myself...You were prominent in the part 2 video I posted. Look at 7 minutes 17 seconds in where you narrowly avoided an injury that might have required an airlift for you :)!

WINKY
March 30th, 2009, 11:01 PM
ouch falling on a pointed boulder onto the family jewels.... no fun....:(

Funrover
March 30th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Sorry FunRover...with 19 vehicles on the run and you up front, I never actually saw you go over anything hence you were not in the video:). You notice most of the rigs in the vehicle were those just in front and just behind Pathrat's position in the pack.

LMAO I was just kidding, it doesn't bother me... I just had to tease a little! :D

Pathrat
March 31st, 2009, 09:40 PM
LMAO I was just kidding, it doesn't bother me... I just had to tease a little! :D

I showed Hugh your comment and he was not thinking you were bothered about no rig time, but that you would be SEVERELY bothered if you had not landed right. When he showed me the video he was, 'watch this! look what almost happened to Aaron!'

Funrover
March 31st, 2009, 10:14 PM
I showed Hugh your comment and he was not thinking you were bothered about no rig time, but that you would be SEVERELY bothered if you had not landed right. When he showed me the video he was, 'watch this! look what almost happened to Aaron!'

I was fine! I have leanred to fall and such!! :D