PDA

View Full Version : here are the starcraft pics Funrover

Roostercruiser
April 7th, 2009, 10:29 AM
i dont know how to send them in a PM so here they are if you need more pics let me know

Funrover
April 7th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Oh man that will be easy to do, I will see when I have time to come up your way!

Roostercruiser
April 7th, 2009, 03:29 PM
heres where im at now im gonna pull one side of hub off on thursday when i get back form nebraska. it should be around this hight when in done. big thanks for your help Funrover. hopefully now i wont use the bumper as a plow any more going up angles.

itsjustdan23
April 7th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Hey Mister,

I think you lost a tire:D:rolleyes:

Gecko Cycles
April 7th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I did a spring over conversion on my Coleman. Welded on new perches. Made it lots ome off road worthy.

Straight axles aren't really straight. THey hav a bow put in them to help with camber when loaded so you can't just roll them over and and use the same perch mounted under the spring.

Just a note.

Pathrat
April 7th, 2009, 08:53 PM
pretty cool!

Funrover
April 7th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I did a spring over conversion on my Coleman. Welded on new perches. Made it lots ome off road worthy.

Straight axles aren't really straight. THey hav a bow put in them to help with camber when loaded so you can't just roll them over and and use the same perch mounted under the spring.

Just a note.

Luckily his is like mine... So we can HEHEHE HEHEHE Been running that way for a few years.. the bonus of OLD CAMPERS HAHHAHAHA

Pathrat
April 7th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Funrover: When we get tired of sleeping in a tent, I am going to commission you to find us/make us an off-road trailer. Besides the finders fee, I think you will just like going and looking. :)

Funrover
April 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Funrover: When we get tired of sleeping in a tent, I am going to commission you to find us/make us an off-road trailer. Besides the finders fee, I think you will just like going and looking. :)

I did it for fun now hahahaha.... I know where free camper like my toaster is right now.... but needs a lot of work. But heck yeah just let me know what you want in a camper when the time comes :thunb:

Pathrat
April 7th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I did it for fun now hahahaha.... I know where free camper like my toaster is right now.... but needs a lot of work. But heck yeah just let me know what you want in a camper when the time comes :thunb:

I'd love to have a toaster on wheels!!! I am sure my HOA wouldn't have any issues with that. I would also get some cutouts of toast, bolted up on two black stripes on the roof.
Hopefully I won't get so decrepit that I need one soon. How's at least 10 years sound, after I pay for a couple kids' worth of college educations?

Funrover
April 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Works for me... but campers are cheap right now...go to craigslist type "campers" with a max price of $1,000

Pathrat
April 7th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Works for me... but campers are cheap right now...go to craigslist type "campers" with a max price of $1,000

Yeah, everything is cheap right now. Too bad Hugh is out of work and I get to hand over a chunk of large change to The IRS or I would be stocking up on deals. :rant:(I need a crybaby smiley)

Funrover
April 7th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Hey Cowboy.. I just thought of something else also.... I knoe on some of the older campers ( I think Coleman.. not sure) you can put the older honda rims on. Meaning 13" or 14" rims and larger tires for clearance also. I will look when I can if you get time www.popupportal.com is a pretty good site for camper help

Roostercruiser
April 11th, 2009, 03:08 PM
its done thanks a bunch funrover. i moved it out with the scout and opened it up so you can see the inside. it raised it around 6 inches. it made the biggest difeerence. this pic could have been tookin 25 years ago with a 72 starcraft on a 78 scout:)

Roostercruiser
April 11th, 2009, 03:14 PM
and some more pics

WINKY
April 11th, 2009, 09:02 PM
i see trouble running around in the camper!

Roostercruiser
April 11th, 2009, 09:16 PM
coundnt keep them out. this was a first. i never did a spring over before. i start small with the camper than bigger with the scout next

Pathrat
April 11th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Cool. Do you have comparison pics to see the before and after as far as lift goes?

Roostercruiser
April 11th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Cool. Do you have comparison pics to see the before and after as far as lift goes?

i tried a before pic and after pic but it said it was up already and could not use that pic again. the before is on 1st page and the after with the scout. i wish i could put them togather

Funrover
April 12th, 2009, 09:23 AM
That is awesome man! Good gain.. you need get on the Scout next so you can pull level. Nice camper man!

WINKY
April 12th, 2009, 10:15 AM
watch your front drive shaft double cardan at the xfer case to ensure it isnt binding up after SOA convert.

Funrover
April 12th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Hey cowboy.. for front stabilizers go to a junk yard and grab some tire jacks.... the scissor type work great!

WINKY
April 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
i think i have a scissor jack you can have somewhere in my mess..

Roostercruiser
April 12th, 2009, 10:13 PM
thanks randy