PDA

View Full Version : Diff Vent Bellows

Brody
April 10th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Awhile back someone posted up the vent bellows. I found this on the PSC site for $5.50. It fits anything near a 1/4" tube and allows breathing for the differential or transmissions without getting any water or contaminates in. I tried to locate it on the Grainger site, but finally gave up simply due to amount of stuff there.

Here is their link, part # PSC-VB01 Vent Bellow

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/pscvb01-vent-bellow-p-569.html

Patrolman
April 10th, 2009, 03:09 PM
That was me that posted. I thought it was pretty cool! Keeps the diffs clean and water free without having to run a line.

I also saw one of these bottles with no lid in my sink this afternoon.
http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?categoryCode=BK&productId=13835

:princess: made cupcakes. I thought it could do the same thing!

Without the top on the bottles it could easily be made to fit.

Gecko Cycles
April 16th, 2009, 05:25 AM
I just put a vacuum cap on mine and put a small slit in the top of it. It is a temp thing being the rubber gets brittle fairly quick. Damn China rubber. I've seen those bellows before but didn't know where to get one. Thanks for the link. If you are ordering from PSC could you get me 2 of them and I will gladly pay you on Thursday (or was it Tuesday?) for a burger today.....

Brody
April 16th, 2009, 05:35 AM
I just put a vacuum cap on mine and put a small slit in the top of it. It is a temp thing being the rubber gets brittle fairly quick. Damn China rubber. I've seen those bellows before but didn't know where to get one. Thanks for the link. If you are ordering from PSC could you get me 2 of them and I will gladly pay you on Thursday (or was it Tuesday?) for a burger today.....

I'll add them to my existing order so they will come in with the rebuilt steering box. The other stuff should get here today...Give me a quick post or PM back if you don't want me to do this. You may get them quicker if you order them yourself, but if you can wait until next week, then I'll do it for you, because that is when I think I am going to be getting the box. They said about a 5 day turn around, so I should be able to catch em today as they are probably still doing the box...

Gecko Cycles
April 16th, 2009, 05:44 AM
I'm in no hurry. Thanks it will save me some shipping costs.
I keep forgetting to deal with that issue. I was going to run a hose from the diff but had no idea where I was going to have the other end be.
I have been wanting a new breather box for some time now. This blow by is getting to me. I have to get to a VW aftermarket parts house. I used to have a really cool one on my bugs and it would work well on the 4x and has several inlets that I could of run the diffs to as well.

One similar to this.
http://www.jbugs.com/store/graphics/00000001/8544%20.jpg

Brody
April 16th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Done. I'll call them as soon as they open and if they haven't already shipped the rebuilt box, I'll have them stick 2 into the shipment. If they have shipped the box, I'll let you know. If I don't post back up, assume that they are coming.

Gecko Cycles
April 16th, 2009, 05:53 AM
SWEET!