PDA

View Full Version : The Little Things

Chris
April 10th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Doing some major mod or big time maintenance is always satisfying but sometimes it's the little things that provide great rewards too.

Example: I just replaced the DS window regulator - wow! I forgot how easy rolling up a window can be.

Simple Pleasures! :cool:

Brody
April 10th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I know what you mean! Since my stomach was jacked up today and precluded me getting too far away from the bathroom, I decided that I would finally pour the pan for the downstairs bathroom shower...the finishing of which is a home project that I have been putting off way too long. The pan is now poured, my stomach is better and when we do the leak test on it Monday or Tuesday, I can finally start to finish the tile work...Still, a relatively small project, but a PITA one, but the satisfaction level is high just getting it behind me...

Pathrat
April 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Know what you mean. I just starting taking tools to my own vehicles last year. Sanding out the rust on the rails was a relaxing, satisfying way to spend an afternoon.

Jimmy
April 10th, 2009, 08:43 PM
I popped on a lightly used factory reman power steering box and line (from the box to the reservoir) this week. First time in a long time I haven't had a leak in that area! :D

Brody
April 11th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Funny how your mind works sometimes on stuff like that.

"Oh, yeah, I see that the PS steering is still leaking. I better check the fluid....need to fix that one of these days..." and on and on...Then when you finally fix the damn thing, it is kinda" Why didn't I just do that in the first place?" and you realize just how much it had really been irritating you...

I ground loose and re welded my Hi Lift jack mount the other day. Just had to do one side, but it was one of those quick fixes, probably when I did the bed bob, that I didn't pay enough attention to and it was set at an angle...just enough to really irritate me whenever I looked at the back of the truck. This was a huge 10 minute project and when I finally did it, wondered why I hadn't done it sooner..

RockyMtnHigh
April 11th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I slept yesterday for 5 hours straight without a call from work, it was great! :lol:

RockyMtnHigh
April 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
I slept yesterday for 5 hours straight without a call from work, it was great! :lol:

Sorry wasn't making fun of anyone, this was of the simplest pleasures as of recent for me. :erm:

Pathrat
April 11th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Sorry wasn't making fun of anyone, this was of the simplest pleasures as of recent for me. :erm:

Whatever gives you contentment :)

Just not running around doing errands is sometimes enough for me.

Roostercruiser
April 11th, 2009, 10:37 PM
finding a babysitter sometimes just for a couple of hours or if lucky one night:rolleyes:

1freaky1
April 12th, 2009, 03:35 AM
I got to dye easter eggs with one of the grandsons toady which is the first time to get to do that with any of them and it was alot of fun, I think I enjoyed more than he did but he had fun too!