PDA

View Full Version : KUDOS TO CHRIS!

Brody
April 16th, 2009, 05:23 AM
The trail run and event posting at the top of the page and the events are absolutely great!

THANKS CHRIS for all the hard work and time! I would be willing to bet that we will see more people turning out for runs simply because of the constant reminders!

Chris
April 16th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Thanks Pete, I'm finally satisfied with them now after numerous variations. The way I have it now will be relatively easy to maintain as well. I just have to remember to make any changes manually.

The only problem I can see is people getting used to it being there and not stopping to read it.

Brody
April 16th, 2009, 07:12 AM
The only problem I can see is people getting used to it being there and not stopping to read it.[/QUOTE]

I don't see that as a problem. On my laptop, it takes up just enough space that I have to scroll down to see anything else. It is just so much easier than going to the calendar or the trail runs section and is an extremely good tool. I don't know what yo could've done to make it easier.

The RSVP thing is great, too, as it gives a very fast count of who is going. Getting rid of the 'no' option in the RSVP was also a good idea...if you are going , fine, if it is iffy, maybe works. If you aren't going at all, well, you just aren't going...

If people have a picture of their rig as an avatar, then it is easier to find someone at the meeting spot if you don't know them. Of course mine is beach scene from St Lucia which doesn't do anyone any good, Gate Monkey's is a fine bit of artwork, Danny's is a great statement picture of Uncle Sam, Steve's is Captain Chaos or something else depending on his mood, so some of them don't help much in that respect...

Pathrat
April 16th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Yes, the RSVP feature is great! No more hunting through threads to figure out how many hot dogs to bring.

(glad you liked my gatemonkey icon- best Paint program picture I could swing)

Roostercruiser
April 17th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Yes, the RSVP feature is great! No more hunting through threads to figure out how many hot dogs to bring.

(glad you liked my gatemonkey icon- best Paint program picture I could swing)

no more leg work i like it

Patrolman
April 17th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I dig it! Will utilize it when I can do a ride.