PDA

View Full Version : 1004 unread posts

gragravar
April 16th, 2009, 07:35 PM
since your last visit. wow, that'll teach me to travel for work and not check in for an entire week. Guess I have some reading to do tonight...

1freaky1
April 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
that'll take a while for sure!

Chris
April 16th, 2009, 08:35 PM
You can't stay away that long any more ;)

Funrover
April 16th, 2009, 08:39 PM
LOL.... Yeah it's been busy here. How's the job?

gragravar
April 16th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Job is really good. long hours - most days are 7am to 6pm then another couple hours from the hotel at night. but the people are awesome, and I get to launch a kick-ass product in a couple months. kind of exciting.

Chris
April 16th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Glad it's good and really glad to hear it's exciting!

Can you leak the product?

gragravar
April 16th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I cant tell you any more than has already been published about it - but the product itself was introduced at CES in January - so there is a fair amount of info already out there about it.

So, I am working at Palm (you know the Palm Pilot, and more recently the Palm Treo folks) they have created a new cell phone called the Palm Pre.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/index.html

IT ROCKS!

that said its not on the market yet. It will be deployed first at Sprint here in the first half of '09 - there are only a couple months of which left.

My job is setting up a program management office to do the deployments of the phone at the operators that will follow sprint. cant say which ones yet - they arent announced.

if you want a cool comentary about what the phone will be like, check out the video on this site:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/10/in-case-you-missed-late-night-with-jimmy-fallon-last-night/

Chris
April 16th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Looks cool! Sounds like fun, good for you!

:cheers:

gragravar
April 16th, 2009, 10:07 PM
thanks

Brody
April 17th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Glad to hear that your new job is both exciting and challenging...even if it has long hours!

gragravar
April 17th, 2009, 07:37 AM
the long hours arent so bad when I am traveling. no wife and kids around to rush home to. Its the travel itself that is the killer. I am spending 3 weeks out of the month in CA.

greenramp
April 17th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Glad you are enjoying the job! Hope it all pays off in the end and you get another RRC back on the launch pad. Great looking phone as well, I have heard good things about it.

WINKY
April 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
the long hours arent so bad when I am traveling. no wife and kids around to rush home to. Its the travel itself that is the killer. I am spending 3 weeks out of the month in CA.

right now you gotta do what you gotta do to support your fam, ive been there sometimes it aint no fun but its worth it. Glad your doing good though!

Roostercruiser
April 17th, 2009, 06:53 PM
i know all about long hours and short time with the family. good job on yoour job glad you like it. is it permant?

gragravar
April 17th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks all. It is a good job and I am glad I am having some fun with it.

is it permant?

Nope- its a 6 month contractor gig. but it has some possibility of becoming a new 6 month gig after that, and/or turning into a permanent job. only time will tell.

Funrover
April 18th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Hope you can keep it perm here in CO