PDA

View Full Version : Whats Everyone currently reading?

DETN8R
April 19th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Right now I'm reading Dan Simmons The Terror, its about Franklins doomed expedition to find the northwest passage. Its gota bit of a paranormal twist to it and Dan Simmons is an excellent writer. his Hyperion series was great too.

In addition to that book, which I havnt been able to pick up in a while, Im reading some text books for school as well as few Rock Climbing books.

Whats everyone else reading?

Brody
April 19th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Dan Simmons is an excellent writer. his Hyperion series was great too.

In addition to that book, which I havnt been able to pick up in a while, Im reading some text books for school as well as few Rock Climbing books.

Whats everyone else reading?[/QUOTE]

Loved the Hyperion series. Ever read the Demons at Rainbow Bridge trilogy? If you liked Hyperion, you'd love that..don't remember who wrote it.

I am reading a Sci Fi by Wilhemia Baird, just finished 13 by Richard K Morgan (cool Sci Fi, BTW) also reading Why Things Break that Stephanie gave me, The Book Of Outdoor Lore, an Army special forces survival manual, two different books on how to write fiction, short stories and developing plts and characters, and another fiction by Ross Thomas...I read a lot...and it is pretty standard for me to be reading 5-6 books at the same time...some for pleasure, some for knowledge....You ever want to borrow the Richard Morgan stuff, I have all of his...Cool guy..we have been in touch some and it turns out he is also a climber (lives in Scotland) and started climbing about 3 years ago..

Funrover
April 19th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Hmmm.... maybe I should do more of that...LOL... I read a lot on the different forums.

Pathrat
April 19th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I like your question DTN8R :)

Right now it is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the last book in the series. My daughter nagged me into reading the series last year. I finished Book 5 then was told we didn't own Book 6. Unacceptable. We took a trip to the book store.

Over the last year I try alternating the fluff (CSI novels), King and the Potter books with something informative or a title of classic lit.
By the way, I think Hemingway bites and The Last of the Mohicans was very lame.

WINKY
April 19th, 2009, 09:46 PM
im currently reading this post.....:doh:

Pathrat
April 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM
im currently reading this post.....:doh:

Great literature this is not, sorry :D

DETN8R
April 19th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I like your question DTN8R :)

Right now it is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the last book in the series. My daughter nagged me into reading the series last year. I finished Book 5 then was told we didn't own Book 6. Unacceptable. We took a trip to the book store.

I hae to admit that i listened to all the harry potter audio books. My girlfriend read them but I didnt feel like I had the time to so I listened to them to and from work all the time.

Funrover
April 19th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Great literature this is not, sorry :D

But it has animation and suprise endings...hahaha :thunb:

4Runninfun
April 19th, 2009, 10:11 PM
if you like climbing books "The Climb Up Hell" is a good read. it's about some doomed climbers on the north face of the eiger.

Pathrat
April 19th, 2009, 10:26 PM
But it has animation and suprise endings...hahaha :thunb:

:lol: and great, colorful characters! You have to be a recurring, permanent character in this unwinding story!

Pathrat
April 19th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I hae to admit that i listened to all the harry potter audio books. My girlfriend read them but I didnt feel like I had the time to so I listened to them to and from work all the time.

Who narrated? When I read the books, I hear the lines in the voices of the actors who played the characters in the movies.

DETN8R
April 20th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Not sure. Someone with an English/British accent.