PDA

View Full Version : Firearms - What ya got?

Screweder
April 21st, 2009, 01:32 AM
I was wondering if I'm one of the only people on this site who enjoy the collection of firearms almost as much as I love 4wheeling.

Anybody with me?

If so, drop a line with what ya got, or have hopes of getting :thunb:

Screweder
April 21st, 2009, 03:20 AM
:blah:These would be my babies, minus my AR-15 Bull Barrel Upper Reciever:blah:

Brody
April 21st, 2009, 05:06 AM
Down to just a short barreled 329 S&W 44 and a 12 guage now. Sold off the matched set of trick Kimber 45 Pros and the AR due to lack of work..Was going to get a shorty Kel Tech 223, but lost my job...

Nice collection..what is the Bull Pup design one? There are a bunch of folks here that shoot..

Roostercruiser
April 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM
1912 remnington 20/20 pump with octogon barral

Screweder
April 21st, 2009, 09:22 AM
The bullpop is a Walther g-22. Fun little plinker :-)

4Runninfun
April 21st, 2009, 09:31 AM
nice little collection ya got there. I've got the usual rifle, shotgun, and a few pistols. Took my SO out about a month ago with the .22's. This was only her second time out but she did great with my 10/22. the only complaint she had was the 30rd mag emptied to fast :lol:

Screweder
April 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
Lol, well, if anybody wheels with me (in a place where applicable) just let me know what ya'd like to fire most. I'll bring it along :)

itsjustdan23
April 21st, 2009, 11:40 AM
I own a .40 Sig. Nothing special.

H3_Mafia
April 21st, 2009, 11:57 AM
Very sweet collection Screweder! I had a Springfield XD9 Subcompact that I sold to my brother so I could upgrade to an XD40 Subcompact that I carry for work and when my CCW gets approved here very soon. :D

WINKY
April 21st, 2009, 04:24 PM
i think we need to get a shootin run going sometime this summer, looks like there are plenty o people wanting to put holes in stuff all cooped up in the house from winter.

Aaron
April 21st, 2009, 05:11 PM
I just have an old snub nosed .38 Special Undercover that my grandfather used when he was a cop. I'm looking to add a 44 to the collection soon. I will also be getting a 30-06 sometime between now and next fall. I'm tired of borrowing my father-in-law's.

Brody
April 21st, 2009, 06:58 PM
That a 50 in the foreground? Picture is a little too blurry to make out...If it isn't what is it? I had a friend had a 7mm tricked out like that with an 11 lb barrel on it. Quarter size 3 round groups at 1000 yds with hot ammo...

Funrover
April 21st, 2009, 08:24 PM
i think we need to get a shootin run going sometime this summer, looks like there are plenty o people wanting to put holes in stuff all cooped up in the house from winter.

We had a great time last year Wheeling, camping, shooting a little outside of BV!

4Runninfun
April 21st, 2009, 08:28 PM
yeah that was a great time and a great place to do it. hey aaron you get that shotgun yet?

billsbar
April 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM
I have a few ;)

Funrover
April 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
yeah that was a great time and a great place to do it. hey aaron you get that shotgun yet?

Not yet..

WINKY
April 21st, 2009, 08:38 PM
i have what i need :cool:

4Runninfun
April 21st, 2009, 08:39 PM
well... what are you waiting for? ;)

Chris
April 21st, 2009, 08:41 PM
There was talk in the past of doing such a run once the weather came around. It might be time to start a new thread about it.

Jimmy, you see this?

Pathrat
April 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
1912 remnington 20/20 pump with octogon barral

Now that is cool

Right now just a .22 plinker with a bad sight. When there is cash, a .20 gauge is in the future, and/or a .38 or little .357

Screweder
April 21st, 2009, 11:57 PM
I'll explain by picture...

http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2500&stc=1&d=1240305497 http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2501&stc=1&d=1240305497

Rifles: Back first, left to right, then move foreword by row...
Stag Arms AR-15 (.223) RockRiver AR-308 (.308) Lancaster Arms AK-47 (7.62) another Lancaster Arms AK-47 but with rails (7.62) Springfield M14 (.308) Winchester (.308) Walther G-22 (.22 lr) Custom .22 Target Rifle

Kriss Super-V (.45acp) Tikka T3 (22-250)

Marlin 22 (.22 lr)

Pistols: Start from Left, top to bottom

Beretta 92fs (9mm) the Italian (can't even spell the name of it lol 9mm)

Desert Eagle (.50ae) Springfield-XD (9mm) RockIsland 1911 (.45acp) Glock Compact (.45acp)

Glock (9mm) Glock target barel (.40cal) Glock 21sf (.45acp) Glock 21 (.45acp)

Those are my baby's... Plan on getting a new ar-15 lower to build up from scratch, match grade trigger, ambi switch, ect. I'll attach it to my bull barrel ar upper.

Screweder
April 22nd, 2009, 12:27 AM
And pictured below is some of my tactical gear (vest & ghillie)

With the ghillie is my bull barel AR

irprnces
April 22nd, 2009, 12:33 AM
My only weaponry is a 22/410 over under... don't know too much about it other than it shoots well and the aim is true :jiggy"

Screweder
April 22nd, 2009, 12:47 AM
Most firearms do, lol, its usually the :jiggy" behind the trigger that muffs up the grouping :lol:

irprnces
April 22nd, 2009, 12:49 AM
Good thing it comes natural to me :cool:

Screweder
April 22nd, 2009, 12:55 AM
If anybody's interested, there's a Glock Competition in August that I'm attending. I think its in Greeley or Fort Collins... Can't remember which right now. If anybody wants to go shoot (or just cheer me on :cheers:) then let me know. I'll look up that info when I get home and start a new thread.

Roostercruiser
April 22nd, 2009, 04:07 AM
jefferson county still has our other 31 guns/rifles/crossbow/1000's rounds of ammo. i dont think we will get them back

Screweder
April 22nd, 2009, 04:44 AM
Who'd you shoot at for them to come an take 31 guns??? Thats a grip of coin there buddy.

4Runninfun
April 22nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
22/410 is a great survival gun. thats one take with you while out in the boonies.

Brody
April 22nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Who'd you shoot at for them to come an take 31 guns??? Thats a grip of coin there buddy.

Maybe it is like Denver proper. I have more than one friend that got pulled over for a simple speeding ticket and ended up with his gun(s) in the Denver lock up. One of them was a 454 Causill (however you spell it...) and is still there...and I think he got pulled over cause the cop didn't like black dudes..

Anyway, it turns out that there is some asinine law that Denver has that if you drive through Denver (city) any firearms that you have with you need to be in the trunk or locked up or they go into some police 'throw down' collection.

4runner freak
April 22nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
Just a Glock 26. But my wife is wanting one now too:D
I'll probably be picking up a Walther P22 for her.(love to get her a Kahr PM9, but they are $$$$)

Screweder
April 22nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Posted a Beretta up in the for sale if your interested. Its a damn good 9mm.

That is if Chris doesn't snag it. Settin up a nice site like this, he gets first dibbs lol.

4runner freak
April 22nd, 2009, 09:03 AM
Posted a Beretta up in the for sale if your interested. Its a damn good 9mm.

That is if Chris doesn't snag it. Settin up a nice site like this, he gets first dibbs lol.

Thanks, but my wife has REALLY small hands, so the only guns that we have found that fit her hand are the Walther P22, Kahr PM9 and a 380(Can't remember the make/model).

Although, I do have a nice set(5x) of 16x8 Aluminum after-market wheels I'll trade you for it :D

Screweder
April 22nd, 2009, 09:09 AM
Go shooting with me some time and let her try out a 1911. I have fairly small hands aswell, but that gun is single stack and fits like a glove :-)

Screweder
April 22nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Springield XD's are also fairly small framed for being a doublestack.

irprnces
April 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
22/410 is a great survival gun. thats one take with you while out in the boonies.

I'm usually out huntin with it northeast of Pueblo... that's pretty much the boonies :)

Screweder
April 22nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
Whats fun is Mexican Sub Sonic .22lr rounds and any semi-accurate .22. You can go down to Highlands Ranch and plink waskily wabbits lol. (warning - do not do this, this is highly against the law, but verry funny to see the look on peoples faces when they have 5 rabbits dead in their front yard in the morning)

WINKY
April 22nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
Maybe it is like Denver proper. I have more than one friend that got pulled over for a simple speeding ticket and ended up with his gun(s) in the Denver lock up. One of them was a 454 Causill (however you spell it...) and is still there...and I think he got pulled over cause the cop didn't like black dudes..

Anyway, it turns out that there is some asinine law that Denver has that if you drive through Denver (city) any firearms that you have with you need to be in the trunk or locked up or they go into some police 'throw down' collection.

a cop profiling??? never heard of it! Law enforcement never does that............................... lol i think your mistaken Pete....:erm:

that does suck though.

WINKY
April 22nd, 2009, 11:23 AM
And pictured below is some of my tactical gear (vest & ghillie)

With the ghillie is my bull barel AR

are you prior service?

Jimmy
April 22nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
We've got enough firearms in the house that anyone trying to get in would be in trouble. :)

My favorite pistol I own right now is a Kahr PM9 - I love it for concealed carry.

4Runninfun
April 22nd, 2009, 07:20 PM
My favorite pistol I own right now is a Kahr PM9 - I love it for concealed carry.

that is actually something i have been thinking about. within the next month i am going to be getting my CCW license. and as much as i love my glock 21c (.45) it's really to big to carry. what are some good choices out there?

WINKY
April 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM
this is going to be my carry

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=39&category=Pistol

millennium pro .45 in blue steel

billsbar
April 22nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
this is going to be my carry

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=39&category=Pistol

millennium pro .45 in blue steel

I have one of those in a 9mm
http://www.gunblast.com/images/Taurus_PT111/Mvc-001f-sm.jpg

JeepersCreepers
April 22nd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Can't say that I have any but I know it would be fun to fire some off.

Screweder
April 23rd, 2009, 12:57 AM
are you prior service?
I was about > -- < close to joining the Marine Corps until they noticed scars on my face and arm that my medical records didn't account for. The reason for this is that I grew up in a small town (Yuma, CO). While there, my mom wrecked an ATV with me sitting in front of her (I was 3). Went through a barbwire fence which tore me up pretty good. Went to the hospital and everything, got stitched up. Then a few years later that hospitle got remodeled after a small fire broke out. Alot of medical records were lost, as were mine. My parents lost the copy they had, so MEPS couldn't prove the scars on my arm weren't self inflicted. Sucks huh?:mad:

WINKY
April 23rd, 2009, 02:00 AM
thats stupid...... well you got my respect for attempting. I have a few marine friends that are good people.

H3_Mafia
April 23rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
that is actually something i have been thinking about. within the next month i am going to be getting my CCW license. and as much as i love my glock 21c (.45) it's really to big to carry. what are some good choices out there?

Personally I like the quality and feel of the Springfield XD's. I've had a 9mm and now have a .40 in a Subcompact model, which is a perfect size for concealed carry.

Btw, the Tanner Gun Show is this weekend for anyone interested at the Denver Merchandise Mart off 58th & I-25.

Jimmy
April 23rd, 2009, 02:11 PM

Well, you've got to decide what you want to be able to do with your carry piece. Do you want to be able to put it in a coat pocket, pants front pocket, appendix carry, etc.? Size and weight become pretty important in those circumstances. If none of those are of interest, then start checking out some single stacks to consider - I like the slimmer frame when carrying IWB. If you don't like the idea of less rounds in the gun (in the case of a single vs double stack semi) and don't want to carry a spare magazine, then double stacks are it (in the semi-auto pistol world).

Then you have to decide what type of safety you want. If your finger is all you need, then awesome. If you must have some type of mechanical safety on the gun, then that will narrow your choices a little.

I went with the Kahr PM9 for lots of reasons:
- I wanted only one pistol for the time being to pull carry duty
- I wanted a lightweight pistol for comfort
- I wanted a small pistol for pocket carry
- I really liked the idea of a 9mm vs. .380 when talking about pocketable pistols
- This Kahr has real sights which are replaceable
- I can (with a firm grip) shoot much more accurately with this than I expected, given its small size
- It matches my earrings (OK, I made that one up).

Brody
April 23rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
thats stupid...... well you got my respect for attempting. I have a few marine friends that are good people.

Ditto that...even the marines wouldn't let me in when I tried to enlist when we were doing one of the South American games in the late 70s or early 80s. They thought that I was a little too nuts. I tried to explain to the recruiter that I was a better choice to be dropped off in some lousy jungle somewhere with a bunch of ammo and told to go kill people whom I had ever met than some perfectly normal, well adjusted individual. I mentioned that I would come out of the situation about as unadjusted as I went in and wouldn't need a bunch of stupid counseling for a 'traumatic experience' nor would I need years of counseling for 'delayed stress' syndrome. All I wanted was as much training as they could give me before they dropped me off. They still didn't buy it...

WINKY
April 23rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Ditto that...even the marines wouldn't let me in when I tried to enlist when we were doing one of the South American games in the late 70s or early 80s. They thought that I was a little too nuts. I tried to explain to the recruiter that I was a better choice to be dropped off in some lousy jungle somewhere with a bunch of ammo and told to go kill people whom I had ever met than some perfectly normal, well adjusted individual. I mentioned that I would come out of the situation about as unadjusted as I went in and wouldn't need a bunch of stupid counseling for a 'traumatic experience' nor would I need years of counseling for 'delayed stress' syndrome. All I wanted was as much training as they could give me before they dropped me off. They still didn't buy it...

im the same way pete... that stuff doesnt bother me...

Roostercruiser
April 23rd, 2009, 10:26 PM

my dad decided to get drunk one night at there townhouse at hampden and sheridan around three years ago. he pulls out the 44 and shoots it by the dumpsters. cops got called,17 jeffco sheriffs and lakewood cars show up a block the complex. he gets arrested and they search the house for weapons. what they found were 8,9,10mm ; 44 cal;50 cal; 30yat6; mini 14; 38 snub nose; (4) 12 gauges; unrestored 1866 winchester 44; ar-15; 3 sigs; a crossbow with laser scope and several more but right now i cant think of them right now. and lots;lots.lots ammo and around 10 knives. thats how jeffco has our weapons.
:eek:

Screweder
April 23rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
my dad decided to get drunk one night at there townhouse at hampden and sheridan around three years ago. he pulls out the 44 and shoots it by the dumpsters. cops got called,17 jeffco sheriffs and lakewood cars show up a block the complex. he gets arrested and they search the house for weapons. what they found were 8,9,10mm ; 44 cal;50 cal; 30yat6; mini 14; 38 snub nose; (4) 12 gauges; unrestored 1866 winchester 44; ar-15; 3 sigs; a crossbow with laser scope and several more but right now i cant think of them right now. and lots;lots.lots ammo and around 10 knives. thats how jeffco has our weapons.

:eek::eek::eek: Sorry man. Ouch!

4Runninfun
April 23rd, 2009, 10:31 PM

Brody they just didn't think it was fair that you'd kill ALL the bad guys. they still had to have something for the seals to do. :thunb:

Brody
April 24th, 2009, 07:25 AM
:eek:

Yeah...OUCH! :mad:

I was living up in the foothills in a spread out rural area and decided that I had had quite enough with this one computer I had. I took it out, set it up in the back yard and proceeded to blow the crap out of it with my 12 gauge...extremely satisfying, BTW..Anyway, one of my neighbors calls in a report of gun fire and as I am raking up the ex computer mess, a sheriff shows up asking about gun shots being fired. I told me that it was me, that I had issues with a computer that had gotten addressed, and that I was now cleaning the mess up. He started laughing....I think everyone has wanted to shoot a computer at one time or another...told me to be a little more circumspect about shooting and left.

Like I said, rural with farms and everyone shot something there at one time or another..wasn't exactly against the law...but wasn't exactly legal, either...Sorry to hear of your gun loss...

4Runninfun
April 24th, 2009, 07:26 PM
This is what i am thinking about for a carry weapon

http://www.topglock.com/item/3708_Glock_Hand_Guns_Pistols_GLOCK_PI2650201__G26_ __9M.aspx

I'm a huge fan of glock. and as much as i love my .45 what i keep hearing from people who carry is keep it small. if you don't eventually you'll stop carrying if you always have to adjust it and it weights you down. so i think a 9mm with some high intensity rounds should serve me well. Besides just brandishing a firearm will usually resolve the situation. and if that doesn't work the great thing about glock is i can carry extra high cap. mags (up to 33rnds :eek: :D) and have plenty of firepower.

H3_Mafia
April 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM

http://www.topglock.com/item/3708_Glock_Hand_Guns_Pistols_GLOCK_PI2650201__G26_ __9M.aspx

I'm a huge fan of glock. and as much as i love my .45 what i keep hearing from people who carry is keep it small. if you don't eventually you'll stop carrying if you always have to adjust it and it weights you down. so i think a 9mm with some high intensity rounds should serve me well. Besides just brandishing a firearm will usually resolve the situation. and if that doesn't work the great thing about glock is i can carry extra high cap. mags (up to 33rnds :eek: :D) and have plenty of firepower.

Thats a really sweet looking Glock. I almost got one but fell in love with the feel of the Springfield XD40 Subcompact the dealer showed me at Daves Guns a couple years ago. I just picked up my CCW on friday and a gun that small as the Glock and Springfield is PERFECT for concealed carry. :thunb:

Heres the Springfield XD40 Subcompact...
http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?version=62

4Runninfun
April 26th, 2009, 09:22 PM
the XD's are pretty sweet. and they are so close to a glock. my buddy has the full size .45 and he's been really happy with it so far.

scoutfam
April 27th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I won't list them all becasue well,,,,,, I am paranoid about who might be watching but I can tell you that I have 2 prized possessions in the mix one is a fully restored, by me, winchester model 37 single shot in 16ga. and the other is a winchester model 67 22 bolt action that is over 100 years old and can still hit a target at 105 yards with iron sights. That one will never leave the family it doesn't even have a serial number, pre serial number construction. the rest all fall into the hunt and home security type.

4runner freak
April 27th, 2009, 08:08 AM

The G26 carries nice. I picked up a G17, 17 round magazine for my back up pocket weight :) and a flash light.