PDA

View Full Version : last minute night run

WINKY
April 25th, 2009, 11:58 AM
So who wants to do a night run at yankee hill area tonight?? I DOO WOOOHOO!!!! meet at the mcdonalds at idaho springs at 7:30pm (i think thats when it gets dark.... we will be up late. pm me for my number if you wish.

oh i put an rsvp on the calendar

1freaky1
April 25th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Gots to work, :(

Funrover
April 25th, 2009, 02:41 PM
@ work

WINKY
April 26th, 2009, 01:36 AM
So me and kyle went up to yankee hill, got the to puddle playground and went further up the trail when it started to get tough and i didnt want to push my luck being the only vehicle so we started backing down and the butt end wanted to go to the low side, so i tried to correct with turning left and ended up wedging a 250lb boulder under the ps lower control arm..... so after looking at it, trying a few thrown rocks under the tire, i wasnt going anywhere. The passenger front tire has no weight on it. Long story short an hour later, jacking up the ps tire with my bottle jack and tossing BIG rocks under the ps tire, i was able to work with gravity and back off the wedged rock and we made it home no problem.

(note to self, i could have used my winch on this one....10 minutes and done):bang:

I got the backup lights installed and they work great!

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Still jealous I couldn't be a part of it! I'm not signing up for any extra hours on the 5/6/09 if you were interested in another night or late afternoon to evening run.

WINKY
April 26th, 2009, 01:45 AM
i go to work at 9:30pm sunday night through thursday night. i am free friday morning till sunday evening.

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 01:58 AM
That sucks...

1freaky1
April 26th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Good you made it back! Chris what is your hours and days of working.

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Normally 10pm - 6am Friday - Tuesday. I've been signing up for extra graveyards since we're short handed, but those are my normal work days.

1freaky1
April 26th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Ok, Im doing the 11pm-7am, Weds-Sunday nights. Wish would change to the 10-6 shift but they say we will lose 2hrs shift diff pay then since the give us the one hr towards mids.

Screweder
April 26th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Gotta love the polotics involved with scheduling. I can't get weekends off due to "your a senior team member... and we need your help on the weekends" even though nothing goes on... :bang:

1freaky1
April 26th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Yep if anyone wanted to do something don't think it would be while the most people are at work :doh:Oh man we totally pirated his posting here, sorry dude about that. Also those night shots turned out pretty cool.

WINKY
April 26th, 2009, 10:23 AM
dont sweat it, i think of the forum as a big conversation...LMAO

SO...... how bout them hooters girls...HAHAHAHHA

Roostercruiser
April 26th, 2009, 11:01 AM
is it were we got stuck last time?
if we werent camping we would have made it and would have yanked you out. (did you wear a jacket? i see it was snowing because i never see you with any sleeves in any weather conditions. just curios)

WINKY
April 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM
you know i dont need a jacket..LMAO but yes it was snowing up on yankee, but i used my bottle jack to lift the axle higher than the rock and stack more rocks under the tire then just backed out and clear. Had i broken all my stuff then i would have called someone...lol (i need to install my winch..AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!)

i dont think it was the same place we got stuck, ill show ya sometime on a night run!!! (i have backup lights now!!)

H3_Mafia
April 26th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Glad you made it out and cool pics!

WINKY
April 26th, 2009, 08:46 PM
here are a couple more, got them mounted yesterday.. MY TRUCK HAS BALLS NOW!!!! 8 balls that is twin stickers!

smalls2010
April 26th, 2009, 09:38 PM
woa thats weird man, i probably passed you on your way up! I was up on yankee hill today with 9 other cherokees from naxja. There was a lot of snow on the trail, and it started snowing when we left arount six... wish the snow would melt so we could do a full trail this spring! haha

Chris
April 26th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Who did I pass today in that area? Not on the trail but on the road?

Hypoid
April 26th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Who did I pass today in that area? Not on the trail but on the road?
Did they look like this??? (don't worry smalls, your secret is safe...so far)

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp29/SkullyandRoxy/Yankee%20Hill%20April%2009/Picture015.jpg

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp29/SkullyandRoxy/Yankee%20Hill%20April%2009/Picture027.jpg

Sure looks like you guys had a blast! :(

Brody
April 27th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Nice pictures! Glad you didn't end up spending the night, Randy! Love those gear knobs!

WINKY
April 27th, 2009, 04:47 AM
yeah baby! ive had those 8balls since i was about 15, been waiting to mount them in my rig for a while now! they are comfy too

Brody
April 27th, 2009, 05:43 AM
What did you use for the tap? Or did you just drill and epoxy them?

WINKY
April 27th, 2009, 05:46 AM
nope i started with a small bit gently, then went to the matched tap bit in the kit and then tapped it with a regular tap and threw some rubber cement in the hole, screwed them on and they are solid! they are nice and snug, no loose play in them. But they are removeable and can be put on another dodge...but they aint goin nowhere.

Funrover
April 27th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Those are some nice snow/night shots!

Chris
April 27th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Did they look like this??? (don't worry smalls, your secret is safe...so far)

Just one truck, looked like a green Cherokee with a spare on the roof, IIRC we were close to Blackhawk. Also saw a Jeep north of Blackhawk late in the day that looked like Scrubicon's.

Hypoid
April 28th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Just one truck, looked like a green Cherokee with a spare on the roof, IIRC we were close to Blackhawk. Also saw a Jeep north of Blackhawk late in the day that looked like Scrubicon's.
Hmmm, did it look lika this? http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4677

The trail reports on NAXJA start with post #89: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=992237&page=6

And yes, I'm eating my heart out while reading the acounts of that day. :)

Chris
April 28th, 2009, 09:39 PM
It very well may have been DKDunn04.