PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Part interchangeability?

Funrover
April 29th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I believe it will work..but I want to make sure. Will axle parts from a YJ also work for a TJ? They are both D30/D35 parts like a TJ. Thanks

Patrolman
April 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM
To my knowledge the internals are the same. Obviously the YJ is leaf springs, TJ coils.

Brody
April 30th, 2009, 05:19 AM
I believe Jeff is right. The only thing you might check into is the spline count on the axles. I don't know if Jeep changed this from year to year or model to model or not...You might be able to check out the axle information links I posted awhile back in the Tech section. There were links to all sorts of axles.

When I broke the axle on the XJ and needed to grab one to get it off the trail, I didn't even think to check the spline count. Just grabbed the front axle assembly out of the first one I saw in the yard and booked back to my Jeep. It fit fine....Maybe I was lucky...

Stupid of me not to check, but we were in a bit of a hurry.

You gotta Jeep, too?

1freaky1
April 30th, 2009, 06:39 AM
That is a great ? for Mike(Hypoid) he is into the Jeeps pretty good and a big knowledge base for them.

Funrover
April 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM
You gotta Jeep, too?

No, I have a lot of axle parts for a YJ D30/35 and I figure if a few folks here need trail spares and what not I have them

Funrover
April 30th, 2009, 08:32 PM
yeah I have heard about the 2 piece deal.. but can't you put that in a TJ if there is an emergency?

Funrover
April 30th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the info.. I wasn't %100 sure. The rear is the same though right?

Funrover
April 30th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Cool! at least my plans kind of work!