PDA

View Full Version : Short Notice but?...............

Warrlord
April 29th, 2009, 05:53 PM
My weekend plans got botched for which I had Fri, Sat, & Sun. off. So now, I'd like to go wheeling especially since I missed the Chinamans run (or almost run) last weekend. Would anyone be up for running Chinamans this Friday the 1st or Sunday the 3rd? I can't do it on Saturday now cause my wife is making me go to a wedding since I'll be home.

Any takers? :)

Trail Info (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=1)

Chris
April 29th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Wish I could but my commitment to build a playground for the grankids that was snowed out is on for this weekend.

Pathrat
April 29th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I can't go but thanks for posting up

1freaky1
April 29th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Sorry Larry no can do, working.

Roostercruiser
April 30th, 2009, 02:54 PM
i wish i could Larry but i work sundays:(

Funrover
April 30th, 2009, 03:42 PM
No can do, babysitting, plus the rover died last night.. now to find out why.....

Warrlord
April 30th, 2009, 10:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Warrlord/Misc/cry.gif Bummer :)

Pathrat
April 30th, 2009, 10:09 PM
No can do, babysitting, plus the rover died last night.. now to find out why.....

Sorry to hear that :(

Warrlord
April 30th, 2009, 10:46 PM
I heard Eagle Rock was closed right now by the FS so that it doesn't get tore up with the runoff from the snowmelt combined with vehicles spinning tires.

Gecko Cycles
May 1st, 2009, 02:42 AM
still lookin for a drive shaft. Sorry.

Screweder
May 1st, 2009, 04:01 AM
I'd love to go somewhere as well, but I'm workin graveyards. Anything done would have to be a there and back type of thing.

gm4x4lover
May 1st, 2009, 08:13 AM
i would be interested in going. I need to slap the locker in sat night and should be good. Let me know

Chris
May 1st, 2009, 08:19 AM
still lookin for a drive shaft. Sorry.

Did you see the post where I mentioned a Samurai at Pull N' Save? It was a few days ago so I imagine it's getting pretty stripped by now but may be worth a look.

Gecko Cycles
May 1st, 2009, 08:29 AM
Did you see the post where I mentioned a Samurai at Pull N' Save? It was a few days ago so I imagine it's getting pretty stripped by now but may be worth a look.
I saw it last night and am going there this morning although I have no tools with me. Might have to buy a couple of wrenches.

Chris
May 1st, 2009, 08:31 AM
There's a guy inside that rents tools now, don't know what he has but may be cheaper than buying.

Warrlord
May 1st, 2009, 08:34 AM
i would be interested in going. I need to slap the locker in sat night and should be good. Let me know

Keep me posted :thunb:

Gecko Cycles
May 1st, 2009, 08:35 AM
I need 2 wrenches either 12mm or 14mm depending on the year. Prefer 14mm year which is after 88.5.

Chris
May 1st, 2009, 08:37 AM
Hey Ken, I'm close at 225 & 6th if you want to stop by and borrow some tools.

Sorry for the hijack Warlord.

JeepersCreepers
May 1st, 2009, 09:08 AM
Have other stuff I have to do now. Crap

HuricaneWillys
May 1st, 2009, 08:10 PM
Their is also a Samari at the upullnpay at 66th & broadway.

Hypoid
May 1st, 2009, 08:26 PM
My weekend plans got botched for which I had Fri, Sat, & Sun. off. So now, I'd like to go wheeling especially since I missed the Chinamans run (or almost run) last weekend. Would anyone be up for running Chinamans this Friday the 1st or Sunday the 3rd? I can't do it on Saturday now cause my wife is making me go to a wedding since I'll be home.

Any takers? :)

Trail Info (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=1)
:(:(:(:(.....Someday I'll be able to wheel again. Take a lot of pictures for me Larry; that means you have to stop driving now and then. :D

I thought for sure Bloodbane would make this trip?!?!?

Warrlord
May 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM
.....Someday I'll be able to wheel again. Take a lot of pictures for me Larry; that means you have to stop driving now and then. :D

I thought for sure Bloodbane would make this trip?!?!?

I'm hoping you get to wheel again real soon :thunb: You gotta be going through withdrawls :D

Yeah, I talked to Mark (Bloodbane) on Wed, poor guy has alot to deal with right now but he'll be back on the trails this coming summer :thunb:

Have other stuff I have to do now. Crap

Aw man, you'd looooooooove this trail :)

Funrover
May 1st, 2009, 08:35 PM
I am totally there in spirit..... except on the v-notch even my spirit hates that part LOL

Warrlord
May 1st, 2009, 09:03 PM
I am totally there in spirit..... except on the v-notch even my spirit hates that part LOL

I'm still not too crazy about that part either Aaron but I guess we figure it's part of the game :)

Three years ago, I blew out both stock type Warn hubs trying to hotdog it on that rock garden that's off to the right side. So, I had my buddy run point from there so he could drag me if need be since all I had was a 2wd at that point.........but at least it was an actual 2wd with the Detroit. Anyway, I took the right side (easy way) of Whale Rock & made it up that. Made it up the climb up to the stairsteppers, whick I took the bypass. When we got to the V-notch, my buddies were agging it on for me to try it 2wd :rolleyes:

I banzai'd it & actually made it without any damage. That surprised the heck out of all of us. My buddy was parked just over the top with his strap hooked up, ready to drag it down to me & hook it up to my truck & yank me up the V-notch. I gotta tell ya though, I never want to have to work my truck that hard again, it can't be good for it & it scared the crapola out of me :o

Gecko Cycles
May 2nd, 2009, 08:56 AM
Their is also a Samari at the upullnpay at 66th & broadway.
It has been there for some time. The 86?
Not much left of it. I prefer 88.5 or newer because of the large flange that will just bolt up.

Billsbar offered me his KAD as a loaner. I could keep it on board as a spare and be good to go. Worse case would be I have to replace it on the trail if this one I have on now lets go. I am trying to hook up with him now. I found one on Ebay and another guy on the ZU has one but he wants too much for it, $45 plus shipping. I guess I'm getting spoiled with getting all the deals I have been getting when I don't need them. I sold a pair of driveshafts for $10 each several months ago. Was hoping for a little good carma to come back my way.

Dang, this 3 hr drive to my favorite wheeling spot is hard to swallow.

seangillis11b
May 2nd, 2009, 12:01 PM
if u wanna go sunday im up ive never done chinamans so hopefully you dont have to pull me out of too much stuff

Gecko Cycles
May 3rd, 2009, 07:17 AM
Bill didn't come through with my shaft. At least not yet so I'm out