PDA

View Full Version : Run Tomorrow?

Aaron
May 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Hey all,

I'm probably going to do an easy run tomorrow. Don't know where yet. I'm looking through the book now. I'm thinking a lunchtime meeting spot somewhere.

Any takers, Any suggestions? I'm Denver based...

Aaron

DKDunn04
May 2nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
I would probably be in, dont know where though

H3_Mafia
May 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
I might be interested for an easy run also. :D I'll be at work tonight but will check back on here to see what you picked and who all is interested.

Aaron
May 2nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm thinking Yankee Hill (the one the guys are doing today) or West Magnolia. I want to go to Rollins Pass West but don't think it will be open this late and its a bit of a drive.

Suggestions welcome!!!

Also, I've never been on a group run so I dont really know how this works.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=48

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=211

DKDunn04
May 2nd, 2009, 07:52 PM
I was going to go on the Yankee run today, but I couldnt at the last minute. I would be down. We could meet at the McDonalds in Idaho Springs.

Aaron
May 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
I think that works for me. Do you know the trail? I'd say lets meet at 11:30?

Anyone else?

Aaron
May 2nd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Event posted...

http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&c=1&day=2009-5-3

DKDunn04
May 2nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
Do you know how to get to the trailhead?

Aaron
May 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM
I've never been but I have maps...Looking it over tonight...

Would like to have some experienced folks show up though.

DKDunn04
May 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
I went a couple weeks ago, so I know some of it. Do you have lockers?

Aaron
May 2nd, 2009, 08:30 PM
nope

DKDunn04
May 2nd, 2009, 08:46 PM
Ok, we might not want to go up the hard off-shoot then.

Chris
May 2nd, 2009, 08:49 PM
As much as I'd like to make it I don't think I can work it out. You guys will do fine in that area and not going up the rocky section of Yankee Hill still leaves plenty to do around there. Have fun and make sure to take some pics and let us know how it goes.

:cheers:

WINKY
May 2nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
so talking to a couple guys that were on quads, when you get up onto the yankee hilltop it gets pretty snowed in and will probably be a winch fest when you get back in there.

Aaron
May 2nd, 2009, 09:45 PM
I doubt we will go further than you did. I got no winch and no guts yet. Workin on both.

DKDunn04
May 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
When I went up 2 weeks ago with NAXJA we made it up the hard loop with no straps or winching. 3 people were on open diffs too. We will see how it goes.

H3_Mafia
May 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Ill be there. Ive got a rear locker but dont intend to get into some deep stuff. Im still a Noob to all this wheeling stuff.

Aaron
May 2nd, 2009, 09:58 PM
I can't lie to ya. I'm excited.

The trip to the trailhead looks straightforward enough. Fall River to York Gulch and York Gulch all the way to the end where the trailhead is.

WINKY
May 2nd, 2009, 09:59 PM
dont be fooled it can get weird there. i might go again, i like to wheel for some reason.... hmmmm and its close by too

Aaron
May 2nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah, there's some funky stuff on the York Gulch road and at the end of it. It'll be good to meet you... I'll have the rest of the clan too.

Aaron

H3_Mafia
May 2nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
dont be fooled it can get weird there. i might go again, i like to wheel for some reason.... hmmmm and its close by too

So you're coming then right?

WINKY
May 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
just did my budget and i have enough, yeah ill be there........(pulling my arm) LMAO

H3_Mafia
May 2nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
Yeah Ive been known to be pretty bossy... except to my wife and 2yr old daughter which they're the BOSS of me. Lol Glad to see you're gonna make this.

Screweder
May 3rd, 2009, 02:57 AM
Wish I could... Workin from 6p to 6a tomorrow... Yay

You guys be safe. It was mega overcast today, and it started to snow for a few minutes before we left. Could be a little slick and tricky if your not careful. Anybody with I.F.S. should watch the climb to the playground. Theres a big o'l rock that I got snagged on for a moment. Other than that you'll have fun.

I recomend Randy as trail head, he did a bang up job today... And maybe he can introduce ya'll to our new buddies lol (go back up to their house just to piss em off :D)

H3_Mafia
May 3rd, 2009, 03:09 AM
Noob question... Whats IFS?

Screweder
May 3rd, 2009, 03:27 AM
indipendent Front Suspension instead of a solid front axle.

H3_Mafia
May 3rd, 2009, 04:24 AM
Thanks, I kinda thought thats what it might of meant. I've got that on my Rig so I'll take it easy.

Aaron
May 3rd, 2009, 06:16 AM
But its a Hummer!!

I keep asking my wife for one. :jiggy"

Screweder
May 3rd, 2009, 06:20 AM
But its a Hummer!!

I keep asking my wife for one. :jiggy"
We don't appreciate that kind of crude and lude inuendos ;) lol

Aaron
May 3rd, 2009, 06:25 AM
We don't appreciate that kind of crude and lude inuendos ;) lol

What? Who doesn't love an American born beauty who loves to get dirty. :D

Screweder
May 3rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
Well.... Me, since I can't find one of my own, lol.

H3_Mafia
May 3rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Im about to head out soon... see you guys at McD's!

Brody
May 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Noob question... Whats IFS?

Great site, huh? You can ask a real 'newbie' question like that and get a decent answer without getting flamed...

Some of us may be old, cranky and opinionated and some of may be young arrogant s**ts (HA...getting back at all those 'old guy' remarks and jokes!!), but you will get your questions answered fairly nicely...we were all newbies once..