PDA

View Full Version : ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Funrover
May 8th, 2009, 06:11 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30644348/

Patrolman
May 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, right. Good reason not to attend a school like that. What gets me is a PRINCIPAL having to sign off for a student to attend a prom? What business is it of theirs anyways? Parents, sure, but nobody else should be able to dictate activities! If the other school hadn't needed a signature, none of this would be an issue.

Funrover
May 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, right. Good reason not to attend a school like that. What gets me is a PRINCIPAL having to sign off for a student to attend a prom? What business is it of theirs anyways? Parents, sure, but nobody else should be able to dictate activities! If the other school hadn't needed a signature, none of this would be an issue.

My senior prom I had to get an OK from her parents and my principal.... however it was because she was a sophmore and I was a senior.. not because rock n' roll is evil... I just can't believe this... With that kind of sheltering I am worried for their future.

Chris
May 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM
'The handbook for the 84-student Christian school says rock music "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds.'

I suspect they'll find that this kind of mindless rigidity is what implants seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds. ;)

Funrover
May 8th, 2009, 09:00 PM
'The handbook for the 84-student Christian school says rock music "is part of the counterculture which seeks to implant seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds.'

I suspect they'll find that this kind of mindless rigidity is what implants seeds of rebellion in young people's hearts and minds. ;)

I am thinking the parents were absoulute hellians and are trying to prevent that...... Some of the most strict parents I know were the biggest slackers/rebels when young

Chris
May 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I was a very strict parent :D

78bronco
May 8th, 2009, 09:14 PM
well i guess that means my little girl is gonna be screwed when she gets older.

Funrover
May 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
LMAO! :lol:

Funrover
May 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
well i guess that means my little girl is gonna be screwed when she gets older.

I worry about that when I have kids..LOL

78bronco
May 8th, 2009, 09:20 PM
i was not a good little boy. my daughter is going to be ten times worse than me from what my mother says, so that means my truck keys will be locked in a safe, then in another safe, and under the bed. and there will be bars on the windows

Pathrat
May 8th, 2009, 09:29 PM

Some of the things they try so hard to prevent is what is most sought after.

I have lived around some fundamentalists. There is no such thing as free choice, you do what someone else has interpreted that God wants for you.

Funrover
May 8th, 2009, 09:31 PM
i was not a good little boy. my daughter is going to be ten times worse than me from what my mother says, so that means my truck keys will be locked in a safe, then in another safe, and under the bed. and there will be bars on the windows

Yup.... Daddy's girl syndrome.. I know I will have that if I have a daughter.

Pathrat
May 8th, 2009, 09:33 PM
My girl is pretty independent, is allowed freedom with responsibility (get a 4.0 and yes, you can dye your hair blue) and is given limits within to play with that freedom. No trouble from her other than the usual sporadic attitude outburst.

Chris
May 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Same here, gave mine plenty of freedom with understood consequences that we held to firmly. Strict with the limits and it worked fine. Both are good people, responsible adults and we're proud they're our kids.

Used reverse psychology from a very young age - "Hey Meg, why don't you shave half your head and dye the rest purple? That would be cool!" :D

Funrover
May 8th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I am really re-thinking this kid thing LOL...

Pathrat
May 8th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I am really re-thinking this kid thing LOL...

My boy gives me no trouble either. Same raising. You and Jess will do fine :)

Chris
May 8th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Kids are cool...

...glad mine are adults

:thunb:

Funrover
May 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I look forward to it.... just not quite yet.

Chris
May 8th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Barb and I were married 8 years before our 1st - spend time as 2 before multiplying!

Pathrat
May 8th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Barb and I were married 8 years before our 1st - spend time as 2 before multiplying!

But since it is a thing of mine, after 9 years of doing what I do, don't wait too long. 40 year old females are not really good at reproducing.
Lecture over.

Chris
May 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM
:) We got married at 23, kids when 30 & 34.

78bronco
May 8th, 2009, 11:01 PM
i do love my little girl and she is the greatest thing thats ever happened to me. but then again she is only a year and a half old still. ill give it a few years and see how i feel then though

itsjustdan23
May 8th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Id burn the school down.

Roostercruiser
May 9th, 2009, 08:37 AM
rock n' roll is evil...

im screwed:D

Roostercruiser
May 9th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Yup.... Daddy's girl syndrome.. I know I will have that if I have a daughter.

my daughters goy me wrapped around her little finger:)and my son is the same way. im, just very gulable:thunb:

1freaky1
May 9th, 2009, 08:59 AM
My ex let my 3 have pretty much all the freedom they wanted after our divorce but was super strict while we were married and made me out to be the strict one, I always had rules at my house and the kids had to follow them or deal with the punishments that fit the ordeal. THen when the kids became teens my ex couldn't figure out why in the world they were doing half the stuff they did and waited to call me until it was too late to take care of it.
Anyways both my sons always thought my daughter was my favorite until one day when they saw me deal with her on something she did and it opened their eyes. I am glad that I have the kids I have and would not change that for anythingin the world. They are grown now and my daughter has given me a fun lil grandson that loves, camping, wildlife, outdoors, fishing and now he is wanting to learn to hunt and his only going to be 4 yrs old.