PDA

View Full Version : Broke Wheelers?

DETN8R
May 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM
So here I am reading a couple of the posts in the Spring Creek run and wondering who those of us with no real fabrication skills can turn our hobby into a source of income for us.

Any Ideas?

I've been making some roll bar nets for my Jeep that I'd be willing to sell.(anyone interested?)

Gecko Cycles
May 11th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I have a bunch of machines and can make anything you want. Bring Fat Tires.

itsjustdan23
May 11th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I know I could send people that are willing to pay for services as long as its local. But not may of ya'll are really local. If we could figure out a way to get things to a person it would work alot better. For what I have seen from from Seans work. Id send a bunch of the wheelers that come into work to see him. Sean would just have to keep his price low and still make enough to make a decent profit. He could make a full time job outta doin what he does. Sorry Sean. I like the work you done on your truck. Thats why your my example. Its all about keepin the cost down, quality up. And the customers will keep comin.

1freaky1
May 12th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I know I could send people that are willing to pay for services as long as its local. But not may of ya'll are really local. If we could figure out a way to get things to a person it would work alot better. For what I have seen from from Seans work. Id send a bunch of the wheelers that come into work to see him. Sean would just have to keep his price low and still make enough to make a decent profit. He could make a full time job outta doin what he does. Sorry Sean. I like the work you done on your truck. Thats why your my example. Its all about keepin the cost down, quality up. And the customers will keep comin.

Thanks Dan, I actually do not charge what one would pay at a shop for the labor, my labor is actually less than 1/2 of what a shop charges. I do have something in the works currently for doing this on a more constant basis just need you guys to come up and have me start on what you want built:thunb:. I know its tough with the economy and most people are a bit strapped for cash but everyone needs to look at it like some of the other posts on here state; what is worth more saving your ride from damage or paying a ton for body work after the fact!