PDA

View Full Version : Tech Link Clean up

Brody
May 14th, 2009, 08:18 AM
In order to keep the Tech Link section a solid source of tech information and reference sites so that it is fast for people to research information when they want it, I have started a general clean up.

What this means:

There are no longer duplicate sources of information on seperate posts..ie: wheel and tire information is under that thread, etc., etc. Everything has been moved and condensed.

I also removed all of the 'chat', including my own, as this just makes the information a PITA to get to. Please keep the 'chat' and questions out of these threads. Post only pertinent links or information articles. Direct your questions or chat into the 'general topics' section.

Please...before you post your newest source of information, look to see if there isn't already a thread that it will go on or that this information isn't already posted.

If it is directly related to a specific make and model, please put it under whatever heading is appropriate. Don't just randomly toss it into the tech or general 4x4 topic information. You are contributing to a service for everyone by adding sources and links. This takes time, so please take a little additional time and make sure it is going into the right place.

Thanks

Aaron
May 14th, 2009, 08:29 AM
In order to keep the Tech Link section a solid source of tech information and reference sites so that it is fast for people to research information when they want it, I have started a general clean up.

What this means:

There are no longer duplicate sources of information on seperate posts..ie: wheel and tire information is under that thread, etc., etc. Everything has been moved and condensed.

I also removed all of the 'chat', including my own, as this just makes the information a PITA to get to. Please keep the 'chat' and questions out of these threads. Post only pertinent links or information articles. Direct your questions or chat into the 'general topics' section.

Please...before you post your newest source of information, look to see if there isn't already a thread that it will go on or that this information isn't already posted.

If it is directly related to a specific make and model, please put it under whatever heading is appropriate. Don't just randomly toss it into the tech or general 4x4 topic information. You are contributing to a service for everyone by adding sources and links. This takes time, so please take a little additional time and make sure it is going into the right place.

Thanks

At some point real soon we are going to want to move a great deal of this to the Wiki. I think we are getting real close, but its up to the man behind the curtain as to when we want to make this thing real. I've taken some of your tech articles already and copied them over there. I think having them there will be very good.