PDA

View Full Version : Spring Creek

DETN8R
May 18th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Well we started the trail at about 9:45. I forgot my camera so I didnt take any pics, not sure if the other guys will stop by and post some.

We made to the beginning of the rock garden where it was blocked by 3ft+ deep snow.
It was fun seeing the full size rig get up some of the obstacles leading to the rock garden. It's actually a great a rig and Chris wheels it very well.

On our way out we decided to take a look at "The Wall" and while we all tried to talk each other into attempting it, no one did.

It a was good long day.

Here is the one pic I managed to take one pic of the entrance to the rock garden with my phone after Andrew tried breaking a trail into the snow with absolutely no success.
http://www.detn8r.net/springcreek.JPG

I have some sort of mild vibration in my jeep now. At first I thought it was just the feel of the tire tread on the street but I'm sure its not because it went away when I pressed the clutch in. So hopefully I didnt break something. Any Ideas?

Roostercruiser
May 18th, 2009, 04:13 AM
how many went? sounded like fun

Screweder
May 18th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Nothing a little bit of elbow greese, duct tape, and wd-40 wouldn't fix. You'd be able to drive right over that 3' of snow no problem:D

4Runninfun
May 18th, 2009, 04:49 AM
NEED PICS!!!!!

Funrover
May 18th, 2009, 06:30 AM
NEED PICS!!!!!

What he said!

DETN8R
May 18th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I didnt run into the person who started the thread in the trail runs section but there were 6 of us.
3 Wranglers
2 Cherokees
One Full Size Truck.

white collar redneck dad
May 18th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I have many pics and videos of the spring creek run -- but im a finance guy not a techy.. can somebody help me????? I got a vid of Josh the red sammm with his front driver tire about 3 to 4 feet off the ground!!! wanna see the vid? Please help me get it on here..Thanks, Charlie

RidgeRunner
May 18th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I have many pics and videos of the spring creek run -- but im a finance guy not a techy.. can somebody help me????? I got a vid of Josh the red sammm with his front driver tire about 3 to 4 feet off the ground!!! wanna see the vid? Please help me get it on here..Thanks, Charlie

I can help you out. Gimme a call and I can probably walk you through it. It's in my best interest anyway, you got pics of me too and I wanna see 'em.

Jimmy
May 18th, 2009, 06:39 PM
On our way out we decided to take a look at "The Wall" and while we all tried to talk each other into attempting it, no one did.

It's not that bad...
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=1270
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=1271
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=166&pictureid=1272

RidgeRunner
May 18th, 2009, 06:44 PM
It's not that bad...

Really not that bad, I went up and down it 3 times and we got and XJ with a 2" BB and 30" tires up and down several times too.

Whitey Jr
May 18th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I have some sort of mild vibration in my jeep now. At first I thought it was just the feel of the tire tread on the street but I'm sure its not because it went away when I pressed the clutch in. So hopefully I didnt break something. Any Ideas?[/QUOTE]

my motor mounts are shot too hell and it has a vibration similar to what your saying mine is auto but when its in park and or nutral it goes away take a look at them and it might be the issue

Brody
May 18th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Nice pictures Jimmy!

Last time I was on Spring Creek, I watched someone roll a brand new Poison Spider Custom buggy off of this. Really jacked the buggy, too..

Had a bit of a hard time feeling sorry for someone that can buy a $70K buggy and not know how to drive it..

We stuck around to see if he was OK, didn't even get a thank you, so we split...Like I said...the sympathy wasn't there. He wasn't bleeding, his buggy was wrecked, he had an attitude and too much $$. F*** him...he can walk for help...

Funrover
May 18th, 2009, 09:41 PM
The Wall is scary as hell when you pull up to it!!! I have made it open/open however... so it is possible.

white collar redneck dad
May 18th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I have some sort of mild vibration in my jeep now. At first I thought it was just the feel of the tire tread on the street but I'm sure its not because it went away when I pressed the clutch in. So hopefully I didnt break something. Any Ideas?

Check front ujoints especially at the knuckle --- also check rear ujoints aft of tcase as well as front of diff....i had tremendous vibrations...ignored it....then broke rear drive ujoints aft of tcase..did trail repair on upper section of big mother hill in left hand..then turned 4x4 into 2x4:lol:..Dont procrastinate in diagnostics of vibes!!!

Brody
May 19th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Does your TJ have a slip yoke at the rear t-case output shaft, i.e. a solid rear driveshaft? If so, do you have a SYE?

The wall is an interesting obstacle - heavier longish wheelbase grocery getters seem to walk it, and some really built rigs that are lighter/taller/SWB can get into real trouble if they start to spin the wheels, sliding them sideways and rolling.

What the homey in the Poison Spider did. Hammered down on that LS2, went sideways and ..bing, bang, boom was at the bottom. We had seen him earlier when we were airing down and he didn't say hi when we tried to talk to him. I guess we were driving too pedestrian of rigs. Was a real ass when we tried to see if he was OK, too. A couple of the reasons that we just left his rude, pretentious ass there, along with his upside down, dinged up $70k play toy. Kinda fun just leaving him and having him watch all of our POS rigs hike the hill and keep going..Oh, yeah...he was all alone, too...his "friends" probably didn't even like him...

DETN8R
May 19th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Does your TJ have a slip yoke at the rear t-case output shaft, i.e. a solid rear driveshaft? If so, do you have a SYE?

The wall is an interesting obstacle - heavier longish wheelbase grocery getters seem to walk it, and some really built rigs that are lighter/taller/SWB can get into real trouble if they start to spin the wheels, sliding them sideways and rolling.

Nope, I still have the slip yoke.
I have the SYE kit ready to install to. I just need the $300 for a new driveshaft.

Haku
May 19th, 2009, 08:17 PM
That's fun. :D

Cracks me up when near stockers spank buggies because the factory rig has better suspension geometry and weight ratio. Won't work on a trail like Independence, but can absolutely happen on an obstacle like the Wall.

There were some really silly XJ's in another group that was ahead of us. One dude had a what looked like a 20 inch lift and bling beadlocks and diff projection and stuff, and was open front and rear. Another dude in their group had the huge lift with nothing to mount the 20 inch coils had installed besides a 1 inch bumpstop. The one obstacle we saw him go over (a rock jumble right before it does a 180 degree turn and goes up a sort of muddy hill) he would have one side droop and the coil would pop out and some dude with a stick would push it back in, and then another 30 seconds later it would happen again, and he was hardly moving. Good thing he spent all that money on his Mall Crawler lift with the over 45 degree drag link and panhard bar. Needless to say, the rest of us didn't have much of a hard time with that hill or obstacle.

I was certainly glad I was with the group I was with. Ridgerider and Redneck and the other XJ's were definitely a cool group that was just out to have some fun. I'm still going through my pictures, but White Collar Redneck got a good video of me going up the Wall and getting tippy for ya'll to look at. I tried this earlier in the day but couldn't get the front around, and there were a bunch of people down below waiting to go up, so I went around. Came back on the way down and gave it a better and succesful try. Went down first and the back up later.

I'll have the pics up later tonight after I get some dinner in me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUouprHbiBM

JH

JaBeep
May 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the getting the trail report up DETN8R! .. It would have been fun to break the trail, but it'll have to wait a few weeks. The snow drifts still continue up the trail quiet a ways. Good Times Everybody.

ShutUpHippie
May 20th, 2009, 02:20 PM
sweet video! that place looks like a blast

white collar redneck dad
May 20th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Josh -- Since you loaded my camera disk on the trail..can you post my Pics from Spring Creek on this site for me? :D Thanks, Charlie

There were some really silly XJ's in another group that was ahead of us. One dude had a what looked like a 20 inch lift and bling beadlocks and diff projection and stuff, and was open front and rear. Another dude in their group had the huge lift with nothing to mount the 20 inch coils had installed besides a 1 inch bumpstop. The one obstacle we saw him go over (a rock jumble right before it does a 180 degree turn and goes up a sort of muddy hill) he would have one side droop and the coil would pop out and some dude with a stick would push it back in, and then another 30 seconds later it would happen again, and he was hardly moving. Good thing he spent all that money on his Mall Crawler lift with the over 45 degree drag link and panhard bar. Needless to say, the rest of us didn't have much of a hard time with that hill or obstacle.

I was certainly glad I was with the group I was with. Ridgerider and Redneck and the other XJ's were definitely a cool group that was just out to have some fun. I'm still going through my pictures, but White Collar Redneck got a good video of me going up the Wall and getting tippy for ya'll to look at. I tried this earlier in the day but couldn't get the front around, and there were a bunch of people down below waiting to go up, so I went around. Came back on the way down and gave it a better and succesful try. Went down first and the back up later.

I'll have the pics up later tonight after I get some dinner in me.

YouTube - My Samurai getting tippy on Spring Creek in CO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUouprHbiBM)

JH

white collar redneck dad
May 23rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the getting the trail report up DETN8R! .. It would have been fun to break the trail, but it'll have to wait a few weeks. The snow drifts still continue up the trail quiet a ways. Good Times Everybody.

MY YOU TUBE video on SPRING CREEK!!! Check it out!!! :D

YouTube - Spring Creek Colorado The Wall

white collar redneck dad
May 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
sweet video! that place looks like a blast

Red Sammy endo on the wall

YouTube - Red Sammy endo on the wall

white collar redneck dad
May 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
Green XJ Dave, Sammy Josh, Silver XJ John, huge rocks lots of flexing

YouTube - Green XJ Dave, Sammy Josh, Silver XJ John, huge rocks lots of flexing

white collar redneck dad