PDA

View Full Version : Camping and Wheeling in the Rollinsville area

Trailrat99XJ
May 18th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Any interest the weekend of the 30th? We will do Jenny creek and some trails around Apex. Just getting a feel if there would be any interest? I have a couple people who are in! I will know exactly what trails by the end of the week.

Funrover
May 18th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Already busy, but have fun!

SCRubicon
May 18th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Lost of great camping spots up that way especially near the Mammoth Gulch reservoir.

Aaron
May 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Any interest the weekend of the 30th? We will do Jenny creek and some trails around Apex. Just getting a feel if there would be any interest? I have a couple people who are in! I will know exactly what trails by the end of the week.

Perhaps. I would have to check with the boss though. You guys bringing families? What level of trails are you planning on doing?

Trailrat99XJ
May 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Perhaps. I would have to check with the boss though. You guys bringing families? What level of trails are you planning on doing?

Yes families welcome!!I will have my wife and two boys. I will get a better idea of what trails we will do later this week. Jenny creek for sure!

Trailrat99XJ
May 18th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Lost of great camping spots up that way especially near the Mammoth Gulch reservoir.

Thanks, we will check it out!!

Aaron
May 18th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Yes families welcome!!I will have my wife and two boys. I will get a better idea of what trails we will do later this week. Jenny creek for sure!

Sounds good. I think the chances of wheeling with you would be very good. If we camp, the bride will want to bring the trailer so we might camp separately if we can find a place to do so up there.

white collar redneck dad
May 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Reply regarding Rollins and Jenny Creek,

With the trip to Kingston Peak and Rollins on this past Saturday 5/16 -- Rollins is open,,but,, snow bashing after 3 miles up!!! Jenny Creek is 5.5 miles from Rollins gate.

By the way I have pics and videos from Kingston, Rollins, Pickle Gulch and Spring Creek Runs...How do i take my pics from my camera to this site?

Thanks,
Charlie

Aaron
May 18th, 2009, 08:43 PM
How do i take my pics from my camera to this site?

Thanks,
Charlie

Hey white collar redneck dad. I fall into that same category by the way. At any rate. First get the pics onto your computer. They probably magically show up in the My Pictures folder after connecting your camera and clickign next a few times. Then you can attach them using the additional options below the box where you type your replies. Its the Manage Attachments button.

Aaron
May 18th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Is there any camper accessible dispersed camping around here? Otherwise I can grab a spot in golden gate.

Chris
May 18th, 2009, 08:59 PM
How do i take my pics from my camera to this site?

The FAQ has lots of good info; http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/faq.php

Gecko Cycles
May 18th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Pretty early for Jenny now. There are winch points in the rock near the top which will no doubt be snowed in if you get that far.

white collar redneck dad
May 18th, 2009, 09:33 PM

Jenny Creek will have snow bashing until late June if not early July..I was breaking Ice in late August 08!!!

I may be up some for wheelin that weekend. I dont know about camping yet. With 90 degrees for some part of this week...Kingston over to Apex down to fall river...even yankee hill,,nevadaville loop,,eldora 505 to caribou maybe open as well...Like I said i maybe open at least for some wheelin. Thanks for inquiry...Charlie

Aaron
May 19th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Since there are no camping spots open and the trail will likely not be open yet, perhaps a postponement of this trip. I would like to get to know the Yankee Hill area better though. Maybe a trip up there that weekend.

Gecko Cycles
May 19th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Is there any camper accessible dispersed camping around here? Otherwise I can grab a spot in golden gate.
There is camping spots up the road to the lakes that are open all year if you can get to them. With these heat waves the road may be open. FS will know so I would contact them when it gets closer to trip time or take a quick run up just to check it out. There are a ton of ATV and small trails up there that aren't on a map to explore with camping spots along the way. The Sammy is great for that kind of exploring. I think the trails will be on the ATV maps but not sure. There is no signs on those trails saying it is for ATV use only or at all.

Trailrat99XJ
May 19th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I am camping for sure, anyone who wants to just come up and explore is welcome to. Hopefully we get some good melting during the next week or so. They're are plenty of trails in the area, we'll figure it out!