Screweder
May 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
HAHAHAHAHA... That'd suck

Whitey Jr
May 19th, 2009, 04:57 PM
ouch lmao

Brody
May 19th, 2009, 05:05 PM
That is a very ugly sound..almost as bad a shelling a gear set. In all the years of wheeling, I have managed to shell 8 or 9 sets of R&Ps and about 10 axles, both front and rear. You really don't get used to the sound because you can feel your wallet shrink as soon as you hear it..and also know that you are in "Project Land" whether you want to be or not..

Even 11
May 20th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I think the ping was actually the drum coming off the shoes. It looks like he broke it right before he started backing up, probably from making it hop so much. Ugly, Ugly occurrence either way, cool video though. Thanks!!

-Dane

Brody
May 21st, 2009, 03:29 AM
I actually had something like that happen to me wheeling. I think I broke a critical spring inside my brake drum and the pads wobbled loose. They eventually bound up with the drum and pretty much tore everything up inside. I had to hammer everything apart and crimp off the brake line to get home...with almost nothing inside the drum.

Had to do that with a rear end before, too. The R&P exploded so badly that it bound the axles up. I had to drop the 3rd (and this was with the driveshaft already off) and what was left of the ring gear off just so the axles would turn so I could drive it home in front wheel drive...A fun day...

1freaky1
May 21st, 2009, 08:08 AM
Makes for a long day getting it off the trail!