PDA

View Full Version : Introducing and happy to be here

j-mobes
May 24th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Hi - j-mobes here. Decided to join after a friend (RockyMtnHigh) from another forum recommended this site, and after running a trail with another one of your members (Brody).

Must say what I like most is the open-minded attitude, the "no jeep" attitude gets old, while I drive a Toyota, I've always loved Jeeps.

I have just over year under my belt in the off-road world, but I've embraced it with open arms, and an open credit card!

My rig:
2007 FJ Cruiser Black Cherry

My Mods:
OME 3" Lift
285/70/17 BFGs
DeMello Front Bumper w/Acro Lights
Warn 8000 winch
Black Rattle Can on the OEM 17" Alloy wheels and all chrome trim
TRD CAI
CO2 tank
new wiper blades :thunb:

And I just changed all my gear oil (rear, front, t-case) for the first time myself after 21K miles :eek: Should have done that about 10K ago...

To Come:
Under Armour - probably Bud Built skid plates

I live in Golden, I work from home, and love to play hooky during the week and go on short runs while the kids are at daycare...hint, hint.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

~Jeff aka j-mobes

RockyMtnHigh
May 24th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Great to see you on here Jeff, I had a blast today!

Pathrat
May 24th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Welcome to Front Range. I am so envious of FJC's with real bumpers :) and looking forward to pics.

BTW, have you checked out the skid from AllPhase in Longmont?

irprnces
May 24th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Sounds like a pretty sweet rig. Welcome and can't wait to see the pics!

1freaky1
May 25th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Welcome Jeff can't wait to see pics of it with that color sounds sweet, so Pathrat are we now upto 3 or 4 Fj's? there is getting to be so many I lose track, LOL, Now you won't be all alone anymore.

itsjustdan23
May 25th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Right on man, sounds like a total sweet ride. Cant wait for the PiCtUrEs( hint hint lol ). As you can tell. We like photos alot! Oh yeah.

:fr4x4: , :welcome:

RidgeRunner
May 25th, 2009, 02:13 AM
:welcome: I may drive a Jeep now but I'm a Toy guy at heart. My first 2 rigs were Toys, a '72 FJ40 and an '85 Pickup. If I could convince my wife I needed it I'd gladly trade my XJ for a new FJ.

Lets see some pics!

Roostercruiser
May 25th, 2009, 02:43 AM
welcome

Brody
May 25th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Greet meeting you yesterday and doing a run with you guys!

You all had some sweet FJs! Hope to run with you again soon!

Welcome to the site!

Funrover
May 25th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Welcome!

Samuraion34s
May 25th, 2009, 09:10 AM
hey welcome

Chris
May 25th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hi - j-mobes here. Decided to join after a friend (RockyMtnHigh) from another forum recommended this site, and after running a trail with another one of your members (Brody).

:welcome: to Front Range 4x4 Jeff, nice to have you here!

Must say what I like most is the open-minded attitude, the "no jeep" attitude gets old, while I drive a Toyota, I've always loved Jeeps.

I'm a Toyota guy myself and love my old FJ62 and wheeled a lot with other cruisers. It doesn't take too long to tire of the clique mentality of brand specific runs though. As you're already seeing there's a great group of folks here wheeling a great variety of rigs!

Look forward to meeting you before too long. BTW, my wife has siad more times than "Why don't you sell this truck and buy an FJ?" That won't happen until mine wears out and at 261,000 miles and going strong I don't think it will. ;)

j-mobes
May 25th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Brody-

I just saw that clip of you on youtube backing up at Illinois Gulch, hilarious. I guess we better be careful with the off-handed suggestions we throw at you, eh?

Jeff

WINKY
May 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Well i drive a 4x4.... what do you all have huh..?? AHAHAHAHAHH 4x4's rok!!!!!

ShutUpHippie
May 25th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Welcome! Can't wait to see some pics of your rig, sounds pretty sweet.

Pathrat
May 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM
BTW, my wife has siad more times than "Why don't you sell this truck and buy an FJ?"

Told you before, I like Barb. When are you bringing her on a run again???

Chris
May 26th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Most likely next time I get out, it's feeling like a long time. Our trip to BV was a couple weeks ago but it feels like months.