PDA

View Full Version : J-Mobes: Intro with Photos!

j-mobes
May 25th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Purchased the FJ Feb 2007, had to drive to Greely just to find one to drive. Needless to say, I drove it home that day.

This up Yankee Hill area, brand spankin' new, no pin-stripes....no mods:
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=172&pictureid=1313

Painted the wheels, new tires. OME lift installed by Slee. Couldn't put the rattle can down, blacked out pretty much anything silver/chrome colored.
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=172&pictureid=1315

Went for my first big run with a bunch from Colorado FJ's, ran Miller Rock, the first obstacle was a doozy for me, pucker-factor, quite high, but it was worth it just to get this photo....
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=172&pictureid=1323

Fall Camping Trip Run with RockyMtnHigh, full frontal shot.
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=172&pictureid=1319

Side Shot
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=172&pictureid=1317

Last run of 2008, Slaughterhouse, what a fun run:
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=172&pictureid=1322

WINKY
May 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Welcome!!!! Nice fj!, i think we are being taken over by fj's and sammi's now...HAHAHA

Whitey Jr
May 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
thanks for the pics and great looking rig

Funrover
May 25th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Great pics, looks like a great rig! The black makes it look a lot different, I like it!

ShutUpHippie
May 25th, 2009, 12:51 PM
great looking FJ! that spray paint is dangerous isn't it?? haha

j-mobes
May 25th, 2009, 12:53 PM
great looking FJ! that spray paint is dangerous isn't it?? haha

Definitely, I'm thinking about hitting my daughter's electric jeep next!

Funrover
May 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Definitely, I'm thinking about hitting my daughter's electric jeep next!

LMAO!!! You are among many folk of the same thought.. hahaha

78bronco
May 25th, 2009, 01:42 PM
LMAO!!! You are among many folk of the same thought.. hahaha
thats why my daughter doesnt have one yet! great looking fj though, hope to see you out there soon

Brody
May 25th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the pictures!

Those semi flat or satin black spray cans are lethal aren't they? And you can do soooo much good in such a short time for so very little $$....

Whitey Jr
May 25th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I have a gloss enamle on mine they were brushed aluminum at one point and you could see every scratch i got now just a little touch up here and there and were good to go

Roo
May 25th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Welcome Jeff! It was great meeting you yesterday and hitting the trails! I am already ready for the next adventure. I think you might have sold me on blacking mine out it's just a matter of getting the nerve up with the sandpaper. Did you do yours all at once or piece by piece? Also did you paint the handles or go with the Tundra replacements? Also, I meant to ask you yesterday would you buy the BFG AT's again or go another route?

1freaky1
May 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I like the color, its nice to one other than the usual blue or yellow (no offense Pathrat) and great pics!

JeepersCreepers
May 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Nice rig. welcome, hope to see ya on the trails

Pathrat
May 25th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I like the color, its nice to one other than the usual blue or yellow (no offense Pathrat) and great pics!

None taken...I have yet to see blue rattle can rock rails like mine though ;) Yes, paint is cheap and makes for a nice relaxing afternoon of customization. My passenger side slider is already showing rust from the full-length gouge I got at China Wall.

Great looking FJC you have there J-Mobes!

Screweder
May 25th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I definately like the looks of FJ's! Reminds me of a pitbull, but I also see words in alphabet soup, so what do I know. Great pics though!

H3_Mafia
May 26th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the site and sweet looking FJ, love the backed out look! I wasted no time doing the same thing to my Hummer. :D

Warrlord
May 26th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Welcome aboard :thunb:

Always love seeing more FJ's on the trails.

Funrover
May 26th, 2009, 06:50 AM
None taken...I have yet to see blue rattle can rock rails like mine though ;) Yes, paint is cheap and makes for a nice relaxing afternoon of customization. My passenger side slider is already showing rust from the full-length gouge I got at China Wall.

Great looking FJC you have there J-Mobes!

Touch up time! :wrench:

Even 11
May 27th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Welcome aboard! Nice Collection of Pics too, I need to get friends with cameras so I can start getting some of my own. I'm the photographer it seems. Rant over!

-Dane

4Runninfun
May 27th, 2009, 10:55 PM
welcome, i am another member of the anti bling association. My favorite rattle can is the performance enamel they sell at lowes or HD, that stuff will even stick to plastic! Right now my grille is still chrome but thats a story for another time.

Pathrat
May 28th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Touch up time! :wrench:

The New Guy's (whose intro we are kind of jacking) photos got me thinking. I spent all day in the garage today, some of it was spent with a can of auto rustoleum :cool:

RockyMtnHigh
May 28th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I did away with most of the silver too, except I did white. Wheels are all that's left, but I will wait until I wear out the tires to change those to white as well. I used the Krylon plastic spray paint, it's held up very well except for smacking the passenger side mirror with a tree on a shelf road.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj234/RockyMtnHigh_2008/FJ%20and%20Stuff/IMG_1928.jpg

Pathrat
May 28th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Like what you have done. I know I have never seen your rig :) I am going for black and blue for the lower half.

RockyMtnHigh
May 28th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah there are some colors from what I have seen that look good with one or the other and some like the blue could go both ways. Jeff's cherry (that sounds bad) looks good in black, I don't think white would look as good on his, mine black would fade/blend in too much with the body color, although there is a guy here who blacked out the roof of a brick and everything else and it looked pretty slick.
The only color that those silver parts look good on is the silver FJ, but they do look pretty good black as well. I am trying to talk Rob into letting me do his stuff in black on his sandstorm.

If you need any help let me know on how to get the stuff off.

Pathrat
May 28th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks. I am going to keep my mirrors silver, I like that. I like my sliders blue and I did my bumpers black today...dry paint and photos pending

A-TRAC
May 28th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Hey Jeff......Khal here......I guess you beat me to it. I just registered. :)

Funrover
May 28th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks. I am going to keep my mirrors silver, I like that. I like my sliders blue and I did my bumpers black today...dry paint and photos pending

Looking forward to this!:thunb:

j-mobes
May 29th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah there are some colors from what I have seen that look good with one or the other and some like the blue could go both ways. Jeff's cherry (that sounds bad) looks good in black, I don't think white would look as good on his, mine black would fade/blend in too much with the body color, although there is a guy here who blacked out the roof of a brick and everything else and it looked pretty slick.
The only color that those silver parts look good on is the silver FJ, but they do look pretty good black as well. I am trying to talk Rob into letting me do his stuff in black on his sandstorm.

If you need any help let me know on how to get the stuff off.

Feel free to discuss my cherry any time.....:thunb:

j-mobes
May 29th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Hey Jeff......Khal here......I guess you beat me to it. I just registered. :)

Hey buddy. Sorry we missed you last weekend. Hope everything turned out for the best.

Looking forward to wheeling with you soon.

j-mobes
May 29th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Welcome Jeff! It was great meeting you yesterday and hitting the trails! I am already ready for the next adventure. I think you might have sold me on blacking mine out it's just a matter of getting the nerve up with the sandpaper. Did you do yours all at once or piece by piece? Also did you paint the handles or go with the Tundra replacements? Also, I meant to ask you yesterday would you buy the BFG AT's again or go another route?

Roo - forgot to respond to this earlier, sorry.

1. I went piece by piece as I gained confidence, but in retrospect, I'd do it all at once.
2. I painted the handles, they are a breeze to pull off and put back on, mirrors require a little more effort, but no big deal.
3. I love my BFG ATs, I leave them on all year round, do great in the winter. I wish I had something that looked a little more aggressive, maybe just need to upgrade to 33s or 35s some day. The 285/70 broke the bank as is.

j-mobes
May 29th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I definately like the looks of FJ's! Reminds me of a pitbull, but I also see words in alphabet soup, so what do I know. Great pics though!

All long as those words don't spell out things like "murder" and "kill" I think you're good.:D

Roo
May 29th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Roo - forgot to respond to this earlier, sorry.

1. I went piece by piece as I gained confidence, but in retrospect, I'd do it all at once.
2. I painted the handles, they are a breeze to pull off and put back on, mirrors require a little more effort, but no big deal.
3. I love my BFG ATs, I leave them on all year round, do great in the winter. I wish I had something that looked a little more aggressive, maybe just need to upgrade to 33s or 35s some day. The 285/70 broke the bank as is.

Thanks!

4x4jsimps
May 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM
i wish i had the money to get an fj such a nice rig j-mobes. good pics.