PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Rob
May 26th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Drive a 2008 Sandstorm FJ. Heard this was a good group to be associated with. Met one member Sunday on Johnny Park Road and rumor turned out to be true. Nice meeting you, Pete.

rob

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/robsp222/LHC%20Mother%20Hill/RobonMotherHill.jpg

Chris
May 26th, 2009, 01:57 PM
:welcome: Rob! Nice to have you on Front Range 4x4!

Seem to be having a recent wave of FJ's! Look forward to meeting you on a run one of these days!

Aaron
May 26th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Welcome. The yotas are takin over.

RockyMtnHigh
May 26th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Dr Unit? :lol: I'll have to give some crap on that this weekend!

Welcome Rob!

Brody
May 26th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Rob!

Dr Unit, huh? I don't think I am going to wait until I give you some grief...I was gonna ask where you came up with this one, thought about it for a minute, then decided that I really didn't want to know. At least you didn't come in with the handle "Magic Johnson' or something where everyone would've given you flack...

Anyway..great to meet you and see your rig. Great meeting the whole group for that matter!

Glad you made it over to the site. Please feel free to contribute as you will! If you have sources for Fj stuff, please post them if you don't see them.

H3_Mafia
May 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Cool, another FJ! Welcome to FR4x4.

Whitey Jr
May 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM
welcome i see theres another fjc on here

Rob
May 26th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Rob!

Dr Unit, huh? I don't think I am going to wait until I give you some grief...I was gonna ask where you came up with this one, thought about it for a minute, then decided that I really didn't want to know. At least you didn't come in with the handle "Magic Johnson' or something where everyone would've given you flack...

Anyway..great to meet you and see your rig. Great meeting the whole group for that matter!

Glad you made it over to the site. Please feel free to contribute as you will! If you have sources for Fj stuff, please post them if you don't see them.

It's like all good nicknames. I didn't make it up; it was more or less bestowed.
That one goes way back and graced the license plate on my '75 FJ40, so there's a Cruiser connection. And I was team doctor (loosely) for at least one rugby club I played for in my younger days back East. The Unit part was bestowed by an older brother (much less objectionable than some of the other things he called me growing up) and it somehow morphed from a previous nickname, but I can't remember what it was. Put it all together and I'm not sure what it means, though I can assure you it's not phallic-based.

Great meeting you, too, though now I have a bad case of tire envy after seeing your rig.

JeepersCreepers
May 26th, 2009, 07:28 PM
:lol: Yeah Pete's rig/tires have that affect on people!

DKDunn04
May 26th, 2009, 08:30 PM
All these FJ's are freaking me out, man......

Pathrat
May 26th, 2009, 08:41 PM
All these FJ's are freaking me out, man......

They were summoned, sleepers, when the time was right...

Hi New Sand FJC! Nice to see another color on the site

:welcome:

scoutfam
May 26th, 2009, 08:50 PM
nice rig see you on the trail

Chris
May 26th, 2009, 09:15 PM
They were summoned, sleepers, when the time was right...

:lol: Sami sleepers awoke, now FJC, wonder what's next. :rolleyes:

Pathrat
May 26th, 2009, 09:23 PM
:lol: Sami sleepers awoke, now FJC, wonder what's next. :rolleyes:

maybe a few unimogs would be cool

Rob
May 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, all. Hope to see you folks on trails this summer.

Pathrat
May 26th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Now that you have an avatar picture I can see the front...what kind of bumper did you put on?

Rob
May 26th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Now that you have an avatar picture I can see the front...what kind of bumper did you put on?

Road Armor, but I got it from an FJ owner in Texas at about 60 percent of his cost. He got tired of waiting for the company to ship it and they wouldn't give him a full refund.

Screweder
May 26th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Well welcome to the group of trail junkies!

Theres only 3 Rules (besides Admin Chris's lol) for you to be on this site.

1. You do not talk about fight club.
2. You do not talk about fight club.
3. There are no other rules.

Just messing with ya, but truely, :welcome:

BOYoda
May 26th, 2009, 11:28 PM
dr unit? oooo

not exactly a conversation piece.

more of a bullseye

Screweder
May 27th, 2009, 12:31 AM
dr unit? oooo

not exactly a conversation piece.

more of a bullseye
So your saying its kind of a "kick me" sign?

1freaky1
May 27th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Welcome to the site Dr. hope to meet up with you sometime downt he road, good looking rig too!

Funrover
May 27th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the madness! That is a nice looking FJC you have there!

Even 11
May 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the fold Doc!

-Dane

78bronco
May 27th, 2009, 10:59 PM
broncos next maybe?

Roo
May 27th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Welcome Rob! See ya again Sunday!

Rob
May 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM
So your saying its kind of a "kick me" sign?

No, this is a "kick me" sign. And a good album, too.

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/MuzeAudioArt/Large/95/130395.jpg

Brody
May 28th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Ahhhh, New Rythm and Blues Quintet (Quartet??)

Haven't heard that name in awhile. Had their first 2-3 albums, then didn't keep up. I heard them on XM not too long ago

I can hear the younger people "Who is NRBG? What's an album? What's vinyl?"

Rob
May 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Ahhhh, New Rythm and Blues Quintet (Quartet??)

Haven't heard that name in awhile. Had their first 2-3 albums, then didn't keep up. I heard them on XM not too long ago

I can hear the younger people "Who is NRBG? What's an album? What's vinyl?"

Quintet in the early days, mostly Quartet over the years, not counting the Whole Wheat Horns.

NRBQ is still the flat-out best bar band I've ever heard. I'd be happy to burn a few songs to a CD for you.

cfr
May 29th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Drive a 2008 Sandstorm FJ.

Are you the guy on youtube that calls his FJ "Sandi"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7lpQdGQB8

A-TRAC
May 29th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Hey Rob....How you been buddy? It's been a few months. Hopefully, I'll see you Sunday.

4x4jsimps
May 29th, 2009, 09:25 PM
see you on the trail nicve rig

Dan
May 29th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Welcome to the site. I know what you mean about nicknames. Everyone called me Doc until i moved away from PA. Thought about it for my forum name, but didn't want to be mistaken for a real one, so i used the previous nickname I had....

j-mobes
May 29th, 2009, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=cfr;41737]Are you the guy on youtube that calls his FJ "Sandi"?

Dr Unit is not Sandi, but a I believe all of the new FJ "members" are on this video, in fact, around the middle point there is some awesome footage of a black cherry FJ experiencing it's first "pucker" moment....:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFBxtxk8Eoc

Rob
May 29th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hey Rob....How you been buddy? It's been a few months. Hopefully, I'll see you Sunday.

You never call. You never write. No wonder it's been a few months. Still thawing out from that 19 degree (temp, not camber) run on Slaughterhouse in January?

I'll be there Sunday. You'll have to make the hike to the crash site this time.

RockyMtnHigh
May 29th, 2009, 11:31 PM

You know Rob, you're never gonna hear the end of this now, right?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

awesome footage of a black cherry FJ experiencing it's first "pucker" moment....:rolleyes:

Same trail, I can't say this was my first pucker moment, but it ranks up there with some of the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEiiqYspjNw

Rob
May 29th, 2009, 11:53 PM

No, I'm the guy who calls his FJ "my FJ" or "my rig." My wife calls it the "gas pig." I'm the second Sandstorm (Japanese for "beige") in the video J-Mobes posted from last year's run on the Miller Rock trail. That was pre-lift and pre-winch bumper.

Rob
May 29th, 2009, 11:57 PM
You know Rob, you're never gonna hear the end of this now, right?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Arghhh! :eek:

Green. I think I'll paint my rig green. That was an original FJ40 color, right?

RockyMtnHigh
June 2nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Then we'd have to start calling you Booger! :lol: