PDA

View Full Version : Chris' FJ TCase & Diff Armor

Chris
June 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM
Here's a late post showing off Brody's work when he made front & rear differential armor for my FJ62 as well as some transfer case protection.

Thanks Pete!

Patrolman
June 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
Hopefully the rear is bolt on? Nice work Pete!

Chris
June 1st, 2009, 06:13 PM
:lol: Yes, it's bolt on Jeff.

Patrolman
June 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Just making sure someone isn't asleep at the wheel. ;)

Pathrat
June 1st, 2009, 09:30 PM
Cool, I will keep the fact Brody can do this in mind when I get to needing the rear diff armor

Brody
June 2nd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Hopefully the rear is bolt on? Nice work Pete!

Bolt on..Yes..Tricky to get all the bends in just the right places to clear the nuts, too. 1/4" steel, too, so now Chris can let his driving skills lapse a little....

Thanks!

Screweder
June 2nd, 2009, 05:22 AM
Well Brody, its a beautiful piece of work you did there. If your interested in the work, I'd be willing to cough up the dough to get a bolt on rear dif cover for my Runner. Again, I suppose it'll have to be one of the days when your not too hellaciously busy.

Funrover
June 2nd, 2009, 06:54 AM
Wanna do another T-case skid there Pete?

Brody
June 2nd, 2009, 06:58 AM
Wanna do another T-case skid there Pete?

Sure. For front or rear? I made a template and Chris left his extra dif cover so I can do one at my house. I also may be able to use your bolt on armor that doesn't work too well, too, so if you can send a picture of it, please do..

Funrover
June 2nd, 2009, 07:48 AM
Sure. For front or rear? I made a template and Chris left his extra dif cover so I can do one at my house. I also may be able to use your bolt on armor that doesn't work too well, too, so if you can send a picture of it, please do..

I am going to do the pipe caps for my diff covers.. I just would really like to have a t-case skid :thunb:

Patrolman
June 2nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Well Brody, its a beautiful piece of work you did there. If your interested in the work, I'd be willing to cough up the dough to get a bolt on rear dif cover for my Runner. Again, I suppose it'll have to be one of the days when your not too hellaciously busy.

Nice thing is that you don't need a bolt on. The Cruisers need them since they have c-clips that hold the rear axles in place. You have to pull the diff cover to get to the c-clips. The 4Runners and trucks don't have diff covers since there are no c-clips. Yours would be a simple weld on unit.

Brody
June 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Hey Jeff

I PM'd Young Chris with this info as soon as I saw his post..Certainly doesn't hurt to run it by him again from another source, either. After all, he is very young...and doesn't spend enough time under his rig..:D