PDA

View Full Version : Moody Hill and Crystal Mountain 6-6-09

Aaron
June 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Hey all,

Yesterday was a GREAT day for a run and the first Fort Collins area run didn't disappoint. There were something like 12 or 13 rigs on the run. It was sunny and 70-75 most of the day. I had an absolute blast on the trail which was twice as hard as anything I had been on before. Thanks Bill for leading. Thanks Veleroid for setting up the run. Thanks Chris for the site.

Carnage:
-Chris had a shock come loose.
-Red Jeep XJ had an unfortunate meeting with a tree root causing an explosive blowout.
-Red Jeep XJ also bent a tie rod somewhere along the way.
- Lexus bent up side steps on both sides of the vehicle. After fixing them once with an Ax, he bent em again....
-LER ONE Rubicon had a slightly bent rear bumper. Nothing bad.

Pics to follow.

Aaron
June 7th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Pics...

Aaron
June 7th, 2009, 09:31 AM
More...

Aaron
June 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM
More Pics. Couldn't help putting a pic of my shorties up there.

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Carnage:
-Chris had a shock come loose.
-Red Jeep XJ had an unfortunate meeting with a tree root causing an explosive blowout.
-Red Jeep XJ also bent a tie rod somewhere along the way.
- Lexus bent up side steps on both sides of the vehicle. After fixing them once with an Ax, he bent em again....
-LER ONE Rubicon had a slightly bent rear bumper. Nothing bad.

Rumor has it that Chris also kissed a tree. :p

Aaron
June 7th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Some more...

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Barb didn't let the fact that I wasn't by our truck stop the progress and decided it was time to drive the truck for the first time since we put the 5 speed in place of the automatic. ;)

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Some quarry shots

Aaron
June 7th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Last Batch! Some Kid Pics and Scenery!!!

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I never got a name of these guys towards the end but told them we'd post pics of them on the last obstacle.

Aaron
June 7th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Rumor has it that Chris also kissed a tree. :p

Sorry. Forgot that one.

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 10:18 AM
More....

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 10:19 AM
More...

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Sorry. Forgot that one.

Just figured I should fess up before someone else pointed it out. Nice meeting you and your family Aaron. Good job driving btw, no damage when there was ample opportunity for you. ;)

Brody
June 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for all the pictures and great report!

I was thinking about all of you guys as I was getting greasier and greasier rebuilding the front drivers side of my rig. Also had some steel chairs to shorten for a neighbor which brought in some much needed $$..so I wouldn't have gone due to work anyway...

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Sorry you weren't there Pete. It was great to put faces with screen names and meet a lot of new people. Everyone was great, good variety of rigs, some great spotters, good trail leader (thanks Mike!) and lots of families which is always cool. No serious damage and some impressive driving and trucks. Hats off to everyone who did the quarry. IIRC, 5 out of 6 did it w/o a winch which was damned cool to see.

It was a long day for us old folks, leaving at 7:30am and getting home at 10:30pm. :eek:

I hope everyone made it home safely and suspect there were a lot of kids sacked out in backseats on the drive home.

Thanks to everyone.

ShutUpHippie
June 7th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Had a great day, thanks again to our trail leader for taking us around up there! My Blazer impressed me to no end, and I hardly miss my Jeep at all now :eek:. No real damage except for coming down on my rear bumper and denting my rear panel, and of course (as Charlie put it) my Colorado pinstripe job I acquired.

I hope someone got a picture of my 3-wheel experience- that scared the hell out of me and I would love something to back up that story! :D

Some pictures:
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=185&pictureid=1441

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=185&pictureid=1442

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=185&pictureid=1443

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Had a great day, thanks again to our trail leader for taking us around up there! My Blazer impressed me to no end, and I hardly miss my Jeep at all now :eek:. No real damage except for coming down on my rear bumper and denting my rear panel, and of course (as Charlie put it) my Colorado pinstripe job I acquired.

I hope someone got a picture of my 3-wheel experience- that scared the hell out of me and I would love something to back up that story! :D

You did good Rob but it turns out I didn't get the pic of you 3 wheel action. I would guess someone else did though.

Yeah, your "carnage" wasn't listed or Haku's front drive shaft popping out either. Nothing significant but you guys get included anyway. ;)

Aaron
June 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Just figured I should fess up before someone else pointed it out. Nice meeting you and your family Aaron. Good job driving btw, no damage when there was ample opportunity for you. ;)

Thanks. Lots of confidence gained yesterday. Glad my doors still work.

You know it was a good day when the wife is asking "so how much do lockers cost?".

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 10:52 AM
You know it was a good day when the wife is asking "so how much do lockers cost?".

and mine said I need 35's, we'll see if that pans out. :D

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM
so here are the pics my friend Mae took while passenger.

http://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss139/sxyvxnsf/2009%204wheelin/

i had a blast and my truck did exceptionally well and i did all the obstacles, mainly on the mild lines but still doable and fun! Winch turned out to work good and glad to put it to use! I didnt buy it for looks...lol dont hesitate to aks for a winch from me as i will be happy to help :thunb: Thanks to all for a great day, our trail leader and chris for the site!

Aaron
June 7th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I was just playing with GIMP (free Photoshop). This is cool...

Toadman26
June 7th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I had a great time wheeling with everyone. Great to meet new people.

porkchop
June 7th, 2009, 01:30 PM
thanks for the experiance guys that trail was much more difficult then i thought it was gonna be i had fun and got to get a little more adjusted to my jeep i just got it last year towards the end of the season since then if had to take care of a few things that went wrong with it before this run i had only goten a little experiance with this one

ShutUpHippie
June 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM
My neck is sore!! Bouncing around in my truck all day took its toll for sure.

A picture of my "carnage":
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=185&pictureid=1445

..and a picture of the "Colorado Pinstripe"
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=185&pictureid=1444

Haku
June 7th, 2009, 02:04 PM
thanks for the experiance guys that trail was much more difficult then i thought it was gonna be i had fun and got to get a little more adjusted to my jeep i just got it last year towards the end of the season since then if had to take care of a few things that went wrong with it before this run i had only goten a little experiance with this one

For someone who is still getting used to their rig you were rockin it yesterday. Did awesome in the Quarry and all the other harder obstacles. It was a great day and I had an awesome time. I think that might be my favorite every trail, as it has a huge variety of stuff to try. Its become my "feeler" run for seeing what each update I do to my rig does for me.

I guess I enjoyed myself a bit too much yesterday, because I literally took 3 pictures.....and they are all of Brutus. Here they are anyways:

http://fzscqw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pC6Xi45xh5B_xd7f94VJNyOYMuhaywlN2ej1J2tstftD9Y4x 2lCtS3HEscDR10X1-c61_kjHz-pPpd4Lel4O27YG3hDjeZhwX/DSC_0001.jpg

http://fzscqw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pEfU6axcjXsXBUKuAHo0QfCROyhcNu3wnS39SyfacezVkTBs z_q3T7g6kdXYOz13FCtSTvB6_I1mxyGOhNr9w9UQhg7bvqaz2/DSC_0002.jpg

http://fzscqw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1paZ1Ss_pOTdXui63GenEk5ZWtp1nsEi5j38xhNKfR-azTvUyhKXbg_kmR-V_MHHvZjr8xJFeghPkZhV0pjP3cVviJeZsMyPQM/DSC_0004.jpg

Definitely an awesome time and definitely wanna get out again soon. It was awesome meeting a bunch of new people with some sweet rigs.

JH

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
thanks for the pics Josh, it was a fun time and you kicked butt!!!!

Toadman26
June 7th, 2009, 02:47 PM
All the pictures are great. More challenging of a day that I anticipated. :thunb:

Great choice trails to run.

Roostercruiser
June 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
wish i could have been there looked fun. great pics. i need my burban running

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
wish i could have been there looked fun. great pics. i need my burban running

we will get it running for sure this week or by saturday.

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 05:54 PM
so i know there were more pics taken and vids as well..... where they at? lol

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 05:58 PM
i am working on it tight now

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 06:02 PM
so i know there were more pics taken and vids as well..... where they at? lol

Hmm, a bit impatient aren't you? I guess we can ask the same of you, I saw May's camera rolling a lot. ;)

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 06:08 PM
got the link of all her pics way above on this page :p

post #21 and i am getting mine up now.

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 06:12 PM
i jsut like seeing pics sry....lol and yes im impatient :D

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:22 PM
more to come

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:25 PM
on the trail

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
quarry!

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
FUN AREA!!

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Toadman workin' it

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Steve and more trail shots

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Barb behind the wheel

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Beautiful day!

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM
more pics

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM
DUDE!!!! You defied gravity and missed the tree!

JeepersCreepers
June 7th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Looks like an awesome day! Wish I could have made it.

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks. Lots of confidence gained yesterday. Glad my doors still work.

Don't you love it when the wife says something like that? Take advantage of that one while it is fresh on her mind! Great job on the trail!

JeepersCreepers
June 7th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Looks like a sweet day of wheelin. I'll have to add this to my to do trails. Thanks for the pics everyone

Patrolman
June 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Great pics everyone! What is up with the grille on the 62 Chris?

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 07:26 PM
here are the pics i took with my camera.

I forget the gentleman i took the pic of he and his daughter, i can mail you the fullsize if you wish.

sorry heres the link

http://s482.photobucket.com/albums/rr189/randyrandy77/moody%20hill%20crystal%20mountain/

just to let everyone know i am merging moody hill crystal mountain pics to this thread.

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Nice Josh!!!

itsjustdan23
June 7th, 2009, 07:35 PM
No link Randy? lol.

WINKY
June 7th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I will leave the carnage thread separate.

Haku
June 7th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Whooo hoooo.......sure didn't feel like they were that far off the ground. Thanks a bunch for those pics of me. Any chance anyone has a pic of me doing this one......

http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3463&d=1244422272

JH

Trailrat99XJ
June 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I have a video of it. I will work on that tomorrow! I have another "great" week of work ahead so I'm hittin the hay!

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM
What is up with the grille on the 62 Chris?

It's in the garage. It, and a lot behind it, got smashed by a yahoo on an ATV last winter. I picked up a new radiator support and everything in front of it to redo it when I have time.

Haku
June 7th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I have a video of it. I will work on that tomorrow! I have another "great" week of work ahead so I'm hittin the hay!

Awesome, can't wait to see it. No hurry though, especially if you got a big work week. As horrible as it sounds, I'm a bit jealous since I've been on unemployment for the last 6 months. Definitely ready for a new job now. Anyone looking for a Lighting Designer/Tech?

JH

Toadman26
June 7th, 2009, 09:10 PM
thanks Mike

Yea you know the twins gotta be spotting for someone somewhere :D

Love doing it. It was a blast

Chris
June 7th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Looked like Tim and Todd were out spotting (as usual) and I'm sure doing a great job at it (as usual):thunb:

They sure were front & center on the spotting which is always great, you can never have too many good spotters! I don't think anyone questioned their competence especially after seeing them drive the quarry!

Hope you make the next run!

cfr
June 7th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Is this the same Rubicon I saw on Pole Hill road today (Sunday)?

Some quarry shots
http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3385&d=1244390539

Roo
June 7th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Excellent photos! Looks like a good time. Were most of those optional obstacles?

4Runninfun
June 7th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Looks like a great time! how long does it take to get there from south denver?

ShutUpHippie
June 7th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I'd bet somewhere along the lines of an hour and a half-ish

Haku
June 7th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Excellent photos! Looks like a good time. Were most of those optional obstacles?

All of the obstacles on that run have bypasses or easy lines on them. Thats what is so great about it. Its another run that has stuff for every skill and build level from stock up to hardcore. Its a spectacular area for doing overnight stuff too and there are a ton of really nice camping spots to choose from. Its far enough away from the big towns that there is a good chance you wouldn't see anyone either. A couple friends and I did an overnight in December there right before it really started snowing and had an awesome time. Definitely want to get out and do a day or two of wheeling there again soon.

JH

Brody
June 8th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Definitely want to get out and do a day or two of wheeling there again soon.JH

Me too...I wouldn't mind seeing this trail posted again as a run in the very near future. I haven't had much luck coordinating my stuff to get on this run and am itching to do it...

Funrover
June 8th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Great pics!!! Looks like I missed a hell of a great time!

Aaron
June 8th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Great pics!!! Looks like I missed a hell of a great time!

You did. It was a LONG day but a great time.

WINKY
June 8th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Me too...I wouldn't mind seeing this trail posted again as a run in the very near future. I haven't had much luck coordinating my stuff to get on this run and am itching to do it...

ill do it again with ya pete no problem :)

Aaron
June 8th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Id be in doing it again. Smaller group would be nice so I could get the fams home before 10 :)

WINKY
June 8th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Id be in doing it again. Smaller group would be nice so I could get the fams home before 10 :)

tell em to deal with it and bring a pillow...LMAO

Aaron
June 8th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Ok, you caught me. It was more me and less them. They we're actually very good and didn't complain a bit. My kids continually surprise me.

Trailrat99XJ
June 8th, 2009, 09:16 AM
The wife and kids were sleeping before we got off the dirt road! I would love to go back a play on some of the more difficult areas.

Dirt Claude
June 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Like most everyone who ran the trail, we too had a great time! It was good to put some faces with the names. I've got some pics and video I still need to go through, I'll get'em up soon.

This was the first time up for me in the 4Runner since the lift and locker. Other than dragging on the rear hitch a few times, I was quite pleased with it.

It was great to see all the little future 4Wheelers too!

Chris
June 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I'm looking forward to the group picture, hope it'll get posted by the guy who took them. Sorry but I can't remember your name. :o

itsjustdan23
June 8th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Its OK Chris, We know with age the first thing to go is your mind! LOL, Just kiddin man! I really wish I could get out there. I gotta test the rig first before I do anything long distance and stuff.

Velorider4
June 8th, 2009, 04:39 PM
It was a great time, I would like to do it again and possibly put a camp down!

ShutUpHippie
June 8th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Did you get those running boards off that Lexus yet??

Velorider4
June 9th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Did you get those running boards off that Lexus yet??

Yep, they came off that night! It was easy since all the bolts were already loose..

Chris
June 9th, 2009, 10:08 AM
:thunb: Now for some sliders?

white collar redneck dad
June 9th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Hello all..My kids and I had a wonderful time!! My 5 year old daughter did a ride-a-long and met many new friends. My son and I finally had a little time to ourselves..I would like to look into doing some tent camping / night wheelin in that area. The full moon for June is the 22nd which is Monday after fathers day weekend. Full moon for July is the 22nd. Or Possible camping / night wheelin in that area on weekend of July 11. Your thoughts?

Velorider4
June 9th, 2009, 10:43 AM
:thunb: Now for some sliders?

Yep, the in-laws can't get in the truck without them!;)

WINKY
June 9th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Hello all..My kids and I had a wonderful time!! My 5 year old daughter did a ride-a-long and met many new friends. My son and I finally had a little time to ourselves..I would like to look into doing some tent camping / night wheelin in that area. The full moon for June is the 22nd which is Monday after fathers day weekend. Full moon for July is the 22nd. Or Possible camping / night wheelin in that area on weekend of July 11. Your thoughts?

this is doable

Aaron
June 9th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Yep, the in-laws can't get in the truck without them!;)

Yeah. Thats good, but you should still get them :D

Chris
June 9th, 2009, 11:49 AM
The full moon for June is the 22nd which is Monday after fathers day weekend.

Father's Day run Charlie?

Who was on this run that isn't signed on yet?

:thunb:

white collar redneck dad
June 9th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Father's Day run Charlie?

Who was on this run that isn't signed on yet?

:thunb:

Im now signed up for MSV/coney run. Can we meet much earlier at the trail head in peaceful valley? I need to have my kids in longmont by 6pm Sunday.

Velorider4
June 10th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I run the step sliders from Slee (on the truck when I bought it) - whatever you get, make sure you get good step rails, as they act as pivot points offroad as well and function both as a step rail and major door protection.

Gotcha, I have a guy in town that has an FJ80 and has made my front and rear bumper so I may get him to make some sliders soon!

Mr6dwg
June 10th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Hello. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for letting me lead on my first run with the 4WD club, and also, it being my favorite trail! How much better could it get! That was exciting for me. I am on vacation this week, so it will be a week until I can get the "group" photo. I have a 152MB WMV file of the trail if anybody is interested. I did not know whether or not you could store something that big on your server. Here are some of the better pictures I took. I will later share the ones from my 4WD buddy.

Haku
June 10th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Hello. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for letting me lead on my first run with the 4WD club, and also, it being my favorite trail! How much better could it get! That was exciting for me. I am on vacation this week, so it will be a week until I can get the "group" photo. I have a 152MB WMV file of the trail if anybody is interested. I did not know whether or not you could store something that big on your server. Here are some of the better pictures I took. I will later share the ones from my 4WD buddy.

If Chris can provide a transfer of that file (I don't have a good way of doing it myself) I'll edit it and make it more manageable for everyone to check out. Thanks a bunch for both leading and shooting video.

JH

Chris
June 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Hello. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for letting me lead on my first run with the 4WD club, and also, it being my favorite trail! How much better could it get! That was exciting for me.

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks to you! Everyone had a good time on a trail that was new to most of us and it was a great time. Thanks for leading!

I am on vacation this week, so it will be a week until I can get the "group" photo. I have a 152MB WMV file of the trail if anybody is interested. I did not know whether or not you could store something that big on your server. Here are some of the better pictures I took.

We don't really have the capacity to upload huge video files but someone may be interested in working with you to see what can get posted. Typically everyone uploads video to YouTube then links it here. I've never done t myself so I'll leave it up to someone else to chime in.

I will later share the ones from my 4WD buddy.

Thanks, we can be patient. I love the photos of the trucks in action but sometimes I like group photos of all the people even more.

Thanks again for introducing us to Moody Hill and Crystal Mountain and hope to see you again. :thunb:

Velorider4
June 10th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Here are a few that I took with the camera "phone". I will try and get the better ones up soon.

Haku
June 10th, 2009, 04:00 PM
We don't really have the capacity to upload huge video files but someone may be interested in working with you to see what can get posted. Typically everyone uploads video to YouTube then links it here.

Chris,

Any chance you could temporarily provide a file transfer. I don't have a good way to do the transfer. Would only need it for as long as it takes to do the transfer (a couple hours maybe). If you can do this I'll chop it up and post it for him.

JH

Chris
June 10th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I could do that. ;)

Trailrat99XJ
June 10th, 2009, 04:47 PM
The picture of the quarry is cool. Man that was fun! Like sitting in a rocket looking straight up! I want to do it again!!

Chris
June 10th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I want to watch you do it again, no front locker surprised me since you made it look so easy. :thunb:

Makes me want to bob the rear of my cruiser so it could clear that kind of angle.

Trailrat99XJ
June 10th, 2009, 04:55 PM
NO FEAR!! OK, sometimes a little bit!;)

Chris
June 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I have fear but don't always let it stand in my way.

The Wall on Steel Bender

Trailrat99XJ
June 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM
NICE, gotta love that. Todd and I did Steel bender in March. We didn't make it look that pretty! Great job! See, you should have done the quarry!!!!

Chris
June 10th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Barb got a good angle for the photo. Poor communication between the spotter and myself was why I got air, really shouldn't have happened but I do like the pic. :lol:

I was looking at tail clearance at the quarry and my long *ss would have stopped me.

Trailrat99XJ
June 10th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Haku!! Josh climbing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McWl3I-h-wg

Trailrat99XJ
June 10th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Todd, same spot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZsgziOe5Y

Trailrat99XJ
June 10th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Randy and Josh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qh6iRT1mMc

WINKY
June 10th, 2009, 07:58 PM
NICE!!! piece of cake...

Haku
June 10th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks a bunch for those man. Makes that ledge thing look easy and not very scary. Oh well. Still really fun to see video of stuff.

JH

ShutUpHippie
June 12th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Right on nice videos! Definitely doesn't do those rocks justice though does it??

Dirt Claude
June 12th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, hats off to those who made a run at the quarry, it was great entertainment for the rest of us.

ARAKNID-LJ
June 12th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks to everyone who took pics and also to everyone who helped with my kids!!! They have been wheeling with me for a while now but nothing this difficult. The quarry was by far my favorite and most challenging. I really want to try it again with my open diffs and 33's. I still think I could make it....:lol: Camping trip would be a blast BTW. Thanks again everyone for making it a wonderful day.....

ARAKNID-LJ
June 12th, 2009, 06:44 PM
And a BIG thank you to DEEZLPWR for winching me out of the quarry.....:bow:

ARAKNID-LJ
June 12th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I do have an off topic question for anyone and everyone. The boys a 4WP told me that I have an LJ model 04 Wrangler Unlimited. I have been doing some work on the shift linkage to transfer case and under the center console I found a factory sticker with TJ on it. Now I am totally confused. How do I know if I have a TJ or an LJ? Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area too.....:oops: I am still figuring out my way around here.
Thank you

WINKY
June 12th, 2009, 09:44 PM
And a BIG thank you to DEEZLPWR for winching me out of the quarry.....:bow:

no problem, i thank you for giving me an opportunity to test muh winch. I got to use it again today!!!

ARAKNID-LJ
June 12th, 2009, 09:55 PM
no problem, i thank you for giving me an opportunity to test muh winch. I got to use it again today!!!

Sweet! I can't wait to wheel with everyone again. :D

gm4x4lover
June 12th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Man looks like you guys had a great day of wheeling, i am thinking i missed out and if i see that run again i might just tag along.

Mr6dwg
June 22nd, 2009, 07:47 AM
My computer died last week. So, I have spent the last week restoring what I had lost. Sorry for the down time. Here is the picture of the group at the top of Crystal Mountain.

Trailrat99XJ
June 22nd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Turned out great!

Chris
June 22nd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks, worth the wait! It's always good to have pics of the trucks on the trail but you can't beat a pic of the people. :thunb:

Funrover
June 22nd, 2009, 07:56 AM
Impressive group shot!

Aaron
June 22nd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Thats a bunch of folks...

Whose that great looking dude in the hat all the way to the right?

ARAKNID-LJ
June 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
My computer died last week. So, I have spent the last week restoring what I had lost. Sorry for the down time. Here is the picture of the group at the top of Crystal Mountain.

Thank you so much for posting this!!!! What a great picture of everyone! Well worth the wait. Can't wait to hit the hills with everyone again:D

WINKY
June 22nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
man bunchapeople on that run!!!

Toadman26
June 22nd, 2009, 07:57 PM
Great picture. That was a great day.

Trailrat99XJ
June 24th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Anybody else have any videos from this run? I would love to see the quarry!

ShutUpHippie
June 30th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hey Mr6dwg, I know you were taking video throughout the day.. you might be able to help out Trailrat

... and: did you happen to get my Blazer on 3 wheels anywhere in there?? That would be sweet!

Haku
June 30th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I know he was having trouble getting them cut down enough to put on youtube. I was gonna help out, but we haven't figured out a good way to transfer the video file (its like 200mb). I'd like to see those too, as he was shooting video at all the really interesting bits.

JH

Aaron
June 30th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I wanna see the videos!!!

I have unlimited space on an FTP server. Not using it much right now so I'll go ahead and give out the FTP user and pass here. If it gets crazy or abused, I'll just disable the account....

host: ftp.thereunionhub.com
username: fr4x4
password: fr0ntr@nge

Haku
June 30th, 2009, 12:29 PM
He was looking into getting an FTP client installed when Chris and I were working on getting these transfered through the FR server. Never heard back from him, but it would definitely be cool. I'm willing to chop it up and do some tweaking and music add to it, so if I can just get the files I'm on it. Hopefully Bill sees this and responds. I know he had computer issues recently, so hopefully the files weren't lost.

JH

Aaron
June 30th, 2009, 12:35 PM
He was looking into getting an FTP client installed when Chris and I were working on getting these transfered through the FR server. Never heard back from him, but it would definitely be cool. I'm willing to chop it up and do some tweaking and music add to it, so if I can just get the files I'm on it. Hopefully Bill sees this and responds. I know he had computer issues recently, so hopefully the files weren't lost.

JH

There are some web based ftp clients out there too like http://www.ftplive.com

I'm not sure how good they would be at 200MB but it doesn't hurt to try it out.

Aaron

Chris
June 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I had suggested FTP to my server but never heard back.

Thanks for your offer Aaron! I'll start uploading to it now, let me know when "abuse" level. :lol:

J/K

Aaron
June 30th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I had suggested FTP to my server but never heard back.

Thanks for your offer Aaron! I'll start uploading to it now, let me know when "abuse" level. :lol:

J/K

I paid for a year of hosting for a website that never caught on. I may resurrect it in the fall to see if people start caring...or not :)

So, abuse level is not about size. If I find that I am all of a sudden hosting porn, I'll probably shut it down. maybe.

4Runner3Wheeler
July 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I'm not missing this run/trail in the future - some great looking obstacles.

Aaron
July 27th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Here is the playlist with a LOT of short little clips from this run... I've got about 12 more to add that are uploading slowly :)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=155CF12BC2FAFC2D

Chris
July 27th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Very nice Aaron, thanks for sharing these. Personally I prefer the short ones.

Love this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xgzIOTh7eU

Aaron
July 27th, 2009, 04:56 PM
These are all from Mr6dwg. He deserves the production credit :)

Aaron
July 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Very nice Aaron, thanks for sharing these. Personally I prefer the short ones.

Love this one!

YouTube - Crystal Mountain - 29 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xgzIOTh7eU)

If I remember correctly, thats probably the exact place your shock decided it wanted to no longer be attached to a mount.

Aaron
July 28th, 2009, 07:58 AM
I just added the last 11 videos.

Bill, the WMV file seems to be broken. From what I can see if it, its the only one with me in it so if there is any way to get that one it would be nice...

The link again...
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...5CF12BC2FAFC2D

Aaron
July 28th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I just added the last 11 videos.

Bill, the WMV file seems to be broken. From what I can see if it, its the only one with me in it so if there is any way to get that one it would be nice...

The link again...

Nevermind. It works now :)

Funrover
July 28th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Videos are fun

Chris
July 28th, 2009, 08:36 AM
The link again...

We're sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

Aaron
July 28th, 2009, 08:39 AM
oops. Not sure why but here is a new link...

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=155CF12BC2FAFC2D

Chris
July 28th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys, really like the variety these show.

The audio isn't bad either, I like the last one where the dominant audio is one of the kids saying "Hey Dad, I have to go to the bathroom."

Haku
July 28th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Short and choppy but good quality on both audio and video. I got the DVD with these on it too. The WMV that Bill shot isn't great quality and has a lot of artifacts (blurry color spikes) and is low res, and is about 42 minutes long. Still worth watching though. I'll probably get it chopped into 10 minute segments in the next couple days. I'll post them up on here when I'm done. Thanks for posting the other ones Phillip. I think those were taken by the dude with the little tripod using his little digi cam. There are a bunch of pictures on the DVD as well, so I'll see about getting those posted up soon too. I have some stuff to do today, but should be able to get to it in the next few days.

Josh

ShutUpHippie
July 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I love the videos! Glad to see I made it in there. Thanks a lot to everyone involved in posting them up.