PDA

View Full Version : New again member

Land Bruiser
June 10th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Hi, I drive a 92' Land Cruiser modded out. Looking forward to some runs this summer. I"ll try not to get caught lurking and booted off again like last year.

Hey Chris!

Jason Andrews

Swath
June 10th, 2009, 03:46 PM
:welcome:

Aaron
June 10th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the site. Pics!!

Land Bruiser
June 10th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Here is a pic of the engine under construction. Lost all my iphoto content a month back so pics will be up soon when I get time

Chris
June 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hi, I drive a 92' Land Cruiser modded out. Looking forward to some runs this summer. I"ll try not to get caught lurking and booted off again like last year.

Welcome back Jason, ruthless aren't I? :lol:

Nice to have you back and the Bruiser's looking great! How about some details on the build?

:welcome:

Land Bruiser
June 10th, 2009, 05:35 PM
235k now with 4bt rebuilt cummins.
6".37's.4.88s.snork.arb.sliders.armor'd
no lockers yet only cdl:confused:

And where is 2badfJim? I've needed to finish a tcase slider for about a year and a half!!!:eek:

eyy Jim!

Brody
June 10th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Welcome back!

Sweet as hell engine swap!....But tan??? Just giving you grief!

If you can't get a hold of Jim to finish you T case slider, give me a PM and maybe I can finish it up for you. I live 62nd and Wadsworth area and am not doing much for work these days so could use a little.

Again...Nicely done on the engine. I want to hear about how it performs vs the old engine.

Chris
June 10th, 2009, 05:58 PM
And where is 2badfJim? I've needed to finish a tcase slider for about a year and a half!!!:eek:

eyy Jim!

PM "Solid Rock" - Jim's username here.

WINKY
June 10th, 2009, 06:10 PM
235k now with 4bt rebuilt cummins.
6".37's.4.88s.snork.arb.sliders.armor'd
no lockers yet only cdl:confused:

eyy Jim!

HOLY shipwreck!!! a 4bt with turbo!!!! your gonna love it!

Land Bruiser
June 10th, 2009, 06:12 PM
PM "Solid Rock" - Jim's username here.

not saying he has been hiding, more like I have. Will do

white collar redneck dad
June 10th, 2009, 06:20 PM

Hey Chris!

Jason Andrews

Welcome back to the group!!! Charlie

Land Bruiser
June 10th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Welcome back!

Sweet as hell engine swap!....But tan??? Just giving you grief!

Again...Nicely done on the engine. I want to hear about how it performs vs the old engine.

Its cummins tan.

I want to know too! I havent driven it for more than four months! Bent tie rod on Eagle Rock in December which I fixed. 2 months later on the way back from working the Xgames in Aspen consequently lost preload on the front pinion nut, bearing etc and lost gear oil... but I limped home from georgetown.....

a month or two later it made it to the shop.

Keeping my fingers crossed on getting it back tomorrow!

WINKY
June 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM
well hey if we ever wheel together and one of us needs fuel, we can handle it...HAHAHAA

Land Bruiser
June 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Yea DZL, Im gonna need that workshop! Dont know much about the timing, star wheel on the Inj. pump, full power screw, and boost settings. Ive gotta break it in first tho

WINKY
June 10th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I dont know how well you know diesels and turbo diesels but here is my input.

the timing gears are marked. cant really screw it up unless your blind. as far as the injection pump, it is keyed to its gear and is timed as well. I haven't messed with the mechanical pumps but im sure they are easy to learn. Just ensure when bleeding that you don't get the high pressure spray directly onto your flesh as it will pretty much inject it directly into your body and cause problems. and wear eye protection when bleeding air. also ensure your lift pump to the injection pump is good and has adequate pressure. I have a banjo bolt that might fit on the input fuel line with a fitting to test fuel pressure from lift pump and a fuel pressure gauge. Also you will want to get a pyrometer for the turbo you don't want to get over ~1360f as you will end up melting the pistons with anything over i think 1400-1450f. I can show you how to install this as well. The fuel delivery dictates the boost and heat. The more fuel you put in the more the turbo will spool forcing more air thus cooling the combustion chambers at the same time whilst providing oxygen for clean burning. you limit boost with fuel delivery/wastegate. i would say the wastegate should open around 26psi, 30 max anything after that and the turbo housing actually reduces efficiency. so you can turn the full power screw for max fuel delivery, tune the egts with that screw under load. the turbo will take care of itself.

Highly recommended:
pyrometer w/gauge
boost gauge
check input fuel pressure.

1freaky1
June 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Welcome back and that is a cool swap!

4Runninfun
June 10th, 2009, 10:43 PM
4bt... jealous... welcome back though. don't be a stranger.

Funrover
June 11th, 2009, 07:51 AM
4bt... jealous... welcome back though. don't be a stranger.

X2.. :thunb::eek: