PDA

View Full Version : CORE Jun 20th

Tee Hee
June 10th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I'm going to CORE on the 20th for a shakedown run. Planning on being there at 9:30am, no races are scheduled that weekend so park should be pretty well open. If you have never been its $20 per vehicle and $5 per passenger, its a good place to test out your ride, try some different type of obstacles or if your brave let your wife or girlfriend drive its on 800 ac with no trees!

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=135

Aaron
June 10th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I could be there later in the day a bit. Post it on the calendar if you would...

Aaron
June 10th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Oh, and if you wouldn't mind writing up a quick description of CORE, throw it on the trail description for us...

WINKY
June 10th, 2009, 06:19 PM
oooohh fun playground!!

Chris
June 10th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I may want to check it out, after my run-in with a tree on the last one a place w/o any sounds good. :lol:

Trailrat99XJ
June 10th, 2009, 06:37 PM
HMMMM.....interesting, always wanted to check that place out.

Tee Hee
June 10th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Ok its on the calendar. If you have never been its a good time, lots and lots to do. Hill climbs, mud pits, rock course, obstacle course, rally course (if they are not racing on it). Not your normal trail run, no real scenery to speak of but nice change of pace to be able to run around in the open.

WINKY
June 10th, 2009, 07:59 PM
its fun for a once a year thing... or two if you get the bug...

WINKY
June 10th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Tee Hee can you post up a link to their website on the calendar as many dont know what this place is :) thanks

Aaron
June 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Tee Hee can you post up a link to their website on the calendar as many dont know what this place is :) thanks

Or, even better, create a description of it in the Trail Information at the top of the page. Then, anytime someone mentions CORE in a forum, it will automatically link to the description...

Tee Hee
June 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM
its fun for a once a year thing... or two if you get the bug...

Yeah its the closest trail to me and I only hit it one or two times a year.

Tee Hee
June 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM

Or, even better, create a description of it in the Trail Information at the top of the page. Then, anytime someone mentions CORE in a forum, it will automatically link to the description...

I put a link to their site in the Calendar.

WINKY
June 11th, 2009, 12:46 AM
thank you sir :) you da man!

itsjustdan23
June 11th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Jen and I will be there!

WINKY
June 11th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Jen and I will be there!

*cough* bout time *cough* :lol:

you all will have fun there, you pretty much can wander all round as long as you keep from tearing up too much stuff. you should check out the eastern portion and the northwest corner good times!

itsjustdan23
June 11th, 2009, 01:04 AM
LOL. Its the only place so far that I can really go and I think be able to enjoy it. I have a really hard time breathing above 8k feet. Plus I can crash at my sisters place Friday night and be out there around 11 or so. Gotta see the sister and her boyfriend ( Adams County Police Officer ) for the high plains out there. Good times that day. Ill have to remember to set some cash aside for gas. Oh and get my exhaust leak fixed off the side of my manifold. To friggin tight in there lol.

I really hope for a good turn out here, Id love to meet everyone that I could since this is goin to be my first "shakedown" and be able to meet some new peeps. Chris *admin* C'mon out man, Id really like to shake your hand and thank you in person for this site. And to most of importantly, HAVE A GREAT FRIGGIN TIME! Maybe some of you folks can show me a few tricks on some obsticals? Be kinda neat!

karolinakid88
June 11th, 2009, 06:31 PM
i'll try my best to make it but im gettin 3 teeth pulled so im not for sure on it yet but i'll let ya'll know

itsjustdan23
June 11th, 2009, 09:58 PM
OUCH dude! Thats gotta suck. Good luck with that bugger lol.

Chris
June 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
We're in, never been there so looking forward to it. :thunb:

itsjustdan23
June 13th, 2009, 12:25 AM
WOOOHOOOOOOOOO. Chris it will be nice to meet ya. What time you headed up? And TeeHee it will be a pleasure to meet you too. Jen is doin another Mt. Baldy on Sunday ( this Sunday ). She and her cousin will be runnin an older Ranger and she'll be drivin his Runner. Anyone is welcome for that run too.

http://frontrange4x4.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-6-14&e=78&c=1

HiJack Over.........

itsjustdan23
June 16th, 2009, 12:07 AM
So, Can I suggest a different meeting place? Like maybe at King Soopers right off the of the Bennett Exit? And its also closer to TeeHee since he'll more than likely be takin the Kiowa/Bennett Road out there. Plus I wont have to back track almost 20 miles that way. Just a suggestion? And TeeHee are you goin to be out there by that time for sure? I can try and make it there by then. If not then Ill just meet up with everyone around 11ish that day out there at the CORE place.

WINKY
June 16th, 2009, 02:50 AM
if this works remember to update the meet places on the calendar :) tnx!

Tee Hee
June 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I'm still planning on being there at 9:30, my truck just rolled out of the garage for the first time yesterday under its own power with the new motor and it was a mess. I still have a lot of work to do before Saturday. I wanted to get there early so I can roll around with my laptop on and do some tuning on the fuel injection. So no problem if your not going to be there till 11, hopefully I'll have it dialed in and ready to play by then.

itsjustdan23
June 16th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Right on, Glad you got it rollin w/o man to truck power. What kinda setup do you have for your truck?

Tee Hee
June 16th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Its a Holley commander 950 system, I have it running good at idle but falls on its face under a load so have some work to do on the fuel maps.

Brody
June 16th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Once you get yours dialed in and if you are comfortable with wiring in a piggyback ECU, wanna help me with my Split Second Unit on my Yota for some bucks or work swap?? I'll do the reprogramming after it is in, just am uncomfortable with the wiring itself...not one of my vehicle strong points...

Trying to guide LaDawn towards the CORE run. Gotta wait to see if she has showings this weekend or not. As this is sometimes a last minute deal, it will be for us, too...We both want to go there and I think that Dave Pritchett is wanting to go also.

Last time we went to go, we stopped by a friend's of LaDawns in Straussberg to say howdy and were just in time to see one of his friends kids unzip himself going through a barbed wire fence on a 3 wheeler..Well, by the time I used up all of the Maxi Pads, bandages and butterflys in my first aid kit and the paras had come and gone, it was too late, so we just hung around for dinner and called it a day...

We might be out...I just looked at the ticket plus passenger price and we might do another run and use the money for gas....and do this one once I start working again....

itsjustdan23
June 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Its all good Brody, No worries. Either way I hope you have a great and uneventful day wheelin. Hopefully no flops lol.

I hope you get that figured out. Is it just gettin to much gas?

Brody
June 17th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Yeah...a little bit. It is running rich, which isn't a bad thing with a supercharger as they tend to make rigs run lean, so it hasn't been a priority. I have had the Split Second unit for a number of years, but haven't wired it in. There are probably another 30 horses kicking around that this will unleash, but since these will all be at the top end, I will probably not use them. It will just run a hair better and be in the better air/fuel band...

Tee Hee
June 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Once you get yours dialed in and if you are comfortable with wiring in a piggyback ECU, wanna help me with my Split Second Unit on my Yota for some bucks or work swap?? I'll do the reprogramming after it is in, just am uncomfortable with the wiring itself...not one of my vehicle strong points...

Not one of my strong points either, but my application was easier because I was originally a carb setup so I was not splicing into anything. I have a friend thats a electrical engineer, he runs a megasquirt sysem on his blazer and has helped me a lot over the years with my wiring, I'll ask him if he's interested.

Hopefully I'll see you Saturday.

BTW got the fuel map a little closer, was able make a test run through the neighborhood, still needs more fuel but at least its driveable.

Chris
June 17th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm out, changed my mind and will do MSV/Coney Flats instead. Have fun!

itsjustdan23
June 17th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Well darn. I guess Ill have to meet ya some other time. You still on for Saturday Teehee?

Tee Hee
June 18th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Yes I'm still in for Saturday.

IceHouse
June 18th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I will be there as well. Going to caravan out with Tee Hee.

itsjustdan23
June 19th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Im withdrawing. Some unforseend issues came up with family. Sorry guys.

Tee Hee
June 19th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Figures, well it would have been nice to meet some of the people form the forum. Maybe another time. Icehouse and I wheel a lot together so we will get up our regular full-size mayhem :p