PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Springs

Chris
June 13th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Barb and I took a drive to Idaho Springs today to test the 35's. Barbour Fork & Devil's Canyon are scheduled to open on Monday according to the Forest Service but they cautioned that it depends on the weather, sounds like it may open late and we may be picking up trash in the snow. :erm:

Cascade Creek was fine but found the tires rubbed pretty badly when stuffed, kind of like hitting the brakes. Tried Spring Creek but couldn't go very far due to the rub and SC being much more rutted & rocky. Did some serious backing out today with a very relieved spouse that I didn't continue forward. She needs to get her rock sense back and was pretty easily spooked today. Not being critical because there was some serious 3 wheeling/tipping which combined with the tire rubbing wasn't a lot of fun. :eek:

Brody
June 13th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Not being critical because there was some serious 3 wheeling/tipping which combined with the tire rubbing wasn't a lot of fun. :eek:

Watchu be doing the 3 wheeling tipping thing for, Boss? I thought that you were getting some pretty damn good flex going on...

Besides which, I thought LaDawn did enough of that for quite a few folks for a bit....

Chris
June 13th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Probably didn't do myself any favors by showing yours pic before leaving. :lol: