PDA

View Full Version : Hello

edog
June 23rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Hey everyone, I came across this site I think from the ih8mud website. It seems like a pretty laid group which seems cool. I am fairly new to wheeling and I have lurked for a while checking out the trip reports from everyone. Wheeling is not my #1 hobby but the more I do it the more I seem to get addicted to it.

I got my land cruiser last year and I have been wheeling it as often as I can. I have done Coney Flats/MSV a few times, Plane crash trail a couple weekends ago, Kingston Peak, Fins N Things, and some random wheeling around Crested Butte to get to good campsites. I really don't get the whole manufacturers battle/bias thing, as long as you are out enjoying nature that is all that matters, that is what I think is pretty cool about this site.

So far my cruiser has an ARB front bumper, safari rack, and some larger tires and the stock lockers. This year I am going to get some rock sliders and possibly a lift. I will throw up some pics and a good video of the CF/MSV water crossing from last year when it was raining cats and dogs up there. Hopefully I can hook up with some people here and/or see you guys on the trail soon.

Thanks
Erik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN3CdRZjD4I

WINKY
June 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
welcome to the group! looks like your enjoying it though!

Aaron
June 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Welcome. We hate Land Cruisers here though.

Kidding!

edog
June 23rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
Welcome. We hate Land Cruisers here though.

Kidding!

Haha Nice!

ShutUpHippie
June 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
welcome! :cheers:

Chris
June 23rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
:welcome: edog, thanks for the intro!

Yeah, the wheeling grows on you and it looks like you're pretty well equipped so feel free to toss out any questions, comments and join us on a run one of these days. I'm pretty sure you'll find that a pretty great group are here.

Brody
June 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the site! I think you will find that everyone here just likes to wheel and enjoy the outdoors.

We have a bunch of folks here from vehicle specific sites that simply got tired of the attitudes on them.

Hope to meet you soon and see you on a run!

JeepersCreepers
June 23rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the board! Hope to see ya on a run soon. FR4X4 rulz

The303Hooligan
June 23rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
:wave: WELCOME! :wave:

BOYoda
June 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
dang, i dont know if my Yota would like that temp change encountered in your fording. she'd prolly blow a gasket.

robert

Pathrat
June 23rd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Hello and welcome :)

gm4x4lover
June 23rd, 2009, 10:45 PM
Hello, :wave: nice cruiser.

Roostercruiser
June 23rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
like Brody said everyone here has all kinds of differnt makes. also its very family friendly and oriented place.

Screweder
June 23rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
Nice to meet you Erik. That was an outstanding introduction! Pics, video, and a little background. Great stuff my friend, great stuff. I would watch out if I were you though. Theres this weirdo known as GrindBitch who'se itchin to land himself a solid front axle, and it looks like you've got one... Well, anyway... Love to hit a trail sometime.

:fr4x4:

1freaky1
June 24th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Welcome Erik, nice intro and look forward to meeting up with you sometime.

Funrover
June 24th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Welcome, Sweet rig, nice Yeti also!

white collar redneck dad
June 24th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Nice Rig..Welcome to the site.