PDA

View Full Version : Argentine Pass

1freaky1
June 25th, 2009, 01:56 AM
This is setup for the 28th is anyone still interested?

Chris
June 25th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Looks like a few of us are planning but I'm just a 'maybe' depending on some family stuff.

1freaky1
June 28th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I'll check in the AM before heading out to see if anything changes with everyone, pm me for my cell #.

Chris
June 28th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I had the feeling I had something going on. :doh:

I'm picking my son up at the airport at 10:20, you guys have fun.

1freaky1
June 29th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Since no one showed up Stephen and I decided to go do a couple trails we had not done before, Saxon and Cascade, a big thanks to Mike and Pete for the advice to take Cascade since I still don't have the steering & front suspension back 100%.
But all in all it was a lot of fun just to be back out there again. Hubbazoot drove passed us twice while we waited for anyone to show up.

We also had the opportunity to meet 3 very nice young ladies that just got her(driver) first Jeep and they were doing their first trail adventure. I told them about the group here and what a great group we have and all the different expeince levels of everyone.
They said they would check it out. For her(driver) first time passing someone on the trail she did a great job, we both were on a tilt to get by, her more so than me and she was nervous but we got her thru and she did great.
WHen I got to to the bottom of cascade and airing up they young ladies came back down and asked if we were ok, I explained we were just airing back up and why we air down, the passenger in the back seat thought that was a great idea.

Anyhoots as for the trail report, Argentine is still snowed in, I got pics of it from Saxon which has a lot of bigger rocks strewn across the trail and on one of the ledges we just cleared by 3"s on both sides due to the rocks and ledge, I still need to upload the pics and videos, tomorrow morning.

dr350jja
July 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I got pics of it from Saxon which has a lot of bigger rocks strewn across the trail and on one of the ledges we just cleared by 3"s on both sides due to the rocks and ledge.

That's what I don't get about Saxon Mtn trail, it's rated 'EASY', but I don't think my '06 Taco would fit past the big boulders that fall on the trail.

I've done that trail a few times on the dirt bike. Really like the area, nice view from up top Saxon Mtn.

Jim

Chris
July 7th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I've done Saxon and Argentine in the last couple days and both are relatively clear without snow or boulders on the trails. Nice trails really, nothing particularly hard though the switchbacks on Saxon are pretty tight for longer trucks.