PDA

View Full Version : transfer case sye question

brian pleasant
June 26th, 2009, 11:40 AM
i do have 2004 tj, i was checking making sure see what i need before lifting the tj..checked all hardwares for lift kits but there is something called sye i think slip yoke eliminator. i checked and compare np 231 transfer case and one is longer tail shaft and mine is short not sure if it is already sye in it or not, i know sye is shorter than regular ones...:confused:

Brody
June 26th, 2009, 12:00 PM
i do have 2004 tj, i was checking making sure see what i need before lifting the tj..checked all hardwares for lift kits but there is something called sye i think slip yoke eliminator. i checked and compare np 231 transfer case and one is longer tail shaft and mine is short not sure if it is already sye in it or not, i know sye is shorter than regular ones...:confused:

Can you do a couple of pictures?

Here is a link to the NP 231 T case, showing a stock picture, plus going over some of the modifications. It also shows a picture of the uninstalled slip yoke eliminator, which is something you really want to have on your rig. I have broken a T case on a Jeep before and the damage costs well exceeded the cost of the eliminator kit....which, of course, I installed after the fact...

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/np231.htm

brian pleasant
June 26th, 2009, 12:16 PM
i need to buy digtial camera, dont have one grrrrr... will buy one while i am in florida in teon more days...will be back on august , btw sylma and i will go to trail clean up tmw, wonder where exactly will yall be at ? i can bring heavy duty trash bags, some hand tools like hammer but most of it is in florida that is why i am going there to bring it

Chris
June 26th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Here is a link to the NP 231 T case

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/np231.htm

Oops, no link Pete. Got it fixed

btw sylma and i will go to trail clean up tmw, wonder where exactly will yall be at ?

I-70 to Idaho Springs, exit following signs for Mt Evans, the Forest Service building is the 1st building on your right.

:thunb:

brian pleasant
June 26th, 2009, 12:30 PM
thanks, i know where it is i saw it on the way back from vail last january..thanks chris will see you there tmw..