PDA

View Full Version : Clearance issues

Brody
June 28th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I just seemed funny to me that Chris and I are dealing with almost exactly the same issues with front tire clearance on the front end...and for the same reasons. I installed 38s and they were rubbing and Chris installed 35s with the same result.

Although I didn't have to revamp my bump stops, the tires were essentially hitting in the same place-the front portion of the rock sliders. We ended up removing about the same amount of material from both of our sliders and welding the ends back up.

Chris had to do a little hammer work around the insides of his fender skirts and ended up using the bigger bump stops that I removed from the rear of my heap. We also moved these down about an inch.

After the trail runs yesterday, there was still a little rubbing on Chris' that more judicious hammer work will cure.

The funny thing was that, in both our cases, the distance between the tire and the rock rails seemed to be way more than adequate for clearance.

4Runninfun
June 29th, 2009, 12:10 AM
I am with you guys there my front tires like to rub along the pinch seam. Which is why i'm going to be moving my front axle forward.