PDA

View Full Version : Why I had to unplug the laptop tonight

Pathrat
July 20th, 2009, 10:41 PM
This is my porch, 1030pm July 19. I have never seen this much hail or heard weather make so much noise. Mothball sized hail, a few inches on the ground. Hugh saved the herb garden. Crazy.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/July%20Hailstorm/IMG_0815.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/July%20Hailstorm/IMG_0817.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/July%20Hailstorm/IMG_0820.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/July%20Hailstorm/IMG_0822.jpg

WINKY
July 20th, 2009, 11:14 PM
holy shipwreck, the tornado watch box went right over my house in lakewood. My neighbor said there was so much lightning it was unreal almost like the end of the world kind of stuff and the hail was stupid!

1freaky1
July 21st, 2009, 06:42 AM
yep that was a nasty one and Val's sons got all shook up that we were under a Tornado warning here too, I was too tired and went back to sleep.

Funrover
July 21st, 2009, 06:55 AM
HOLY CRAP, that storm hit hard out your way

Funrover
July 21st, 2009, 07:29 AM
Jessica said it was bad by us, but I slept right through it.. I guess there was a Tornado not to far from our new place

Pathrat
July 21st, 2009, 08:20 AM
Weird, still on the decks and patio this morning. Two trees are down in our complex, just that I could see leaving this morning. Traffic lights out, no interntet at home. Just like living in the south again. :rolleyes:

Funrover
July 21st, 2009, 09:00 AM
From talking to others here at work and looking at the pics on 9 news looks like that was a serious storm out there

4Runninfun
July 21st, 2009, 09:20 AM
yeah holy crap where did this storm come from? I was in bed last night and all the sudden it sounded like someone throwing marbles at my window.

Funrover
July 21st, 2009, 09:24 AM
How did I sleep so soundly through all of this.. i didn't even twitch. How hard were you hit Jon?

Patrolman
July 21st, 2009, 09:48 AM
I was getting ready for bed around 10PM and could see the windows lighting up. Went outside to make sure all the car windows were up. The clouds were flashing with cool lightning, but there was barely any thunder and no rain. I went in and 20 mins later all the TV channels went to the weather. Thunderstorm warning and it started raining. Next thing I know we were under a tornado warning and huddling in the basement. No hail here, but LOTS of rain. Apparently a tornado touched down briefly very nearby. No cool pics to share though.

WINKY
July 21st, 2009, 11:56 AM
i was at work watching the weather and the cell literally popped up over boulder area and went south southeast going from golden through lakewood and then over the 285/25 area. so roland got it, jeff got it and whoever was in that path got it. It was moving very very fast!

Patrolman
July 21st, 2009, 01:31 PM
The good news is the hail and really strong winds were just barely to the West of us. Whew. Missed that by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin. It was bad enough with the heavy winds and rain!

JeepersCreepers
July 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Wife and I woke up around midnight to the crazy hail and rain and wind and oh LOUD THUNDER. It was going full force I'm half dead asleep then realized the back window of my jeep was rolled up, letting in all that fell into it. I didn't even go outside to try and roll it down since I was probably already full of water and hail. Oh well, the girls had to sit on towel on the way to the sitters this morning. :D

4Runninfun
July 21st, 2009, 09:44 PM
pretty much same as nay, although i didn't see the tornado warning, but all hell broke loose for maybe 20-30 min. after that i was able to get back to sleep.

Pathrat
July 21st, 2009, 10:45 PM
What amazed me was the deafening noise. Guy at the end of the condo complex, away from my end and across the street, had a tree fall into his front room. THAT is bad.

WINKY
July 22nd, 2009, 01:33 AM
so i pulled the cache from my work computer and i got the storm captured.:eek:

that little ******* was like a super concentrated can of whoopa$$