PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna do OCG or Spring Creek this weekend?

Haku
August 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hey all,

I'm working during the week enough lately that I am always raring to get out on the weekends now. I'd love to do something a bit harder then average, so either Spring Creek or Old Chinaman Gulch sounds really good to me. Anyone else interested? I'm open either Saturday or Sunday (or both) and would be happy to lead a trip on either trail. Chime in if you are interested.

JH

DETN8R
August 5th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I might be interested in doing Spring Creek on either day. I'ts a fairly quick run. I'll let you know as the weekend gets closer.

Haku
August 5th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I'd say its an all day run, but thats fine. Still thinking about going to BV too, as I would love to get on a run of the Arkansas River before it goes away for the year. We'll see what happens though. The prospect of driving that far doesn't sound great either.

JH

DETN8R
August 7th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Does sunday work?

Haku
August 7th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Sunday works for me. I need to do some work on the rig tomorrow anyways. What time you wanna meet? Spring Creek sounds like a good time for sure.

JH

DETN8R
August 8th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Crap. Dont think I can make it. Sorry Haku.

Haku
August 8th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Aww man.....was just trying to look into contacting you on Facebook or email or something. Definitely sucks that you can't go. I might try to get up there anyways and see if I can hook up with another group or something.

JH

DETN8R
August 8th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Well what time do you plan on being there? Maybe I can make something happen. No promises though.

Haku
August 8th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Well what time do you plan on being there? Maybe I can make something happen. No promises though.

I'm not really that picky when it comes to timing, so I could work with ya there. I don't really want to make plans to do Spring Creek if you aren't for sure about being there.

My current thought is to go up and do OCG with a group of XJ's tomorrow, but I only found out about that one a few hours ago, so not sure. I'm getting up early tomorrow, and will be heading out around 8am if I go. There is also a trip up Spring Creek, and also one up MSV/Coney on CO4x4 that I could join. I'm planning on deciding first thing in the morning, depending on if I hear back from the dude running the OCG trip.

JH

DETN8R
August 9th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Well I wont be free until after 8am tomorrow. Call or txt me.
720-401-2485

Haku
August 9th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Well, never heard from the XJ dude, so I don't want to risk going up there and have it not be cool to join in. Its a long drive anyways. Fred, if we started at noon, could you be there? Anyone else is welcome too obviously.

JH

DETN8R
August 9th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I'll make sure to give my girlfriend Bus Money next time. I've done it before.
Sorry.

Haku
August 9th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Sounds good to me. Didn't get any wheeling in this weekend like I wanted to. Hate going up by myself, and couldn't nail down anyone to come along with, so I did a bit of hanging out instead. Guess it'll make the Red Cone trip next weekend all the better.

I'm definitely up for OCG at least once this month. Definitely wanna try the Yota on it, and see what it can do. Thinking I might try the Tall side of the Whale Tale this time, but we'll see when I get there.