PDA

View Full Version : Henry Mountains

Chris
August 5th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Not an awful lot to say but thought I should post a few pics. The Henry's are quite nice, lots of great scenery and easy trails. We spent some days camping which was interesting because none of us are big on camping especially when the temps hover around 100 all day long. The 'girls' liked the mountain top camp best, I liked the wooded camp but we're all still getting along. Last nights stay at a hotel in Moab helped a lot. :D

We had an interesting drive a couple days ago into the nothingness of Utah's back trails. A few of my passengers were uneasy with the whole thing due to the remoteness, lack of seeing anyone else out there, temps over 100, etc.

We spent some time looking for the buffalo heard but never caught a glimpse of them, unfortunately they did a head count a few days ago and the trucks and helicopters spooked them and scattered them into small groups and unpredictable locations.

The sunrise pic doesn't do it justice but you get the idea. Our friend is hanging back today but Barb & I are going to make a run up Top of the World yet today. We head home tomorrow. :(

Funrover
August 5th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Great pics, bet it feels great to get out!

Brody
August 5th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Glad that you guys had a good time!

Funrover
August 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Chris.. you may want to let more sun hit those legs... The girl on your right(left in photo) makes you seem a we bit pale LOL

4Runninfun
August 5th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Looks like a good time!

Brody
August 6th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Chris.. you may want to let more sun hit those legs... The girl on your right(left in photo) makes you seem a we bit pale LOL

Good eye Aaron! I though Chris had white pants on!:D

Heck, his legs are less white than mine. Mine are positively blinding in the sun.....

Andrew
August 6th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Nice! I prefer wooded camps as well. Being so exposed is not so wonderful but this time of year there it probably isn't bad.