PDA

View Full Version : Friday/Saturday run

Medic-5150
August 10th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Hey,

Anyone available this weekend? I'm new to the area so I don't really know any trails....However, I've got Friday and Saturday off if anyone's available in the Westie area

Funrover
August 10th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Wish I could help. I can give advice.. but can not join this weekend

Aaron
August 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Redcone is scheduled for Sat... Check the calendar.

Brody
August 10th, 2009, 10:32 AM
We are doing a run up to Red Cone/Radical Hill then down to the I70 via Montezuema. Meeting at the Safeway in Conifer at 8AM, leaving at 8:30. See the calendar and posted trail run section for other details and links. It will be a long day.

I live in Arvada and will be leaving my house off of 62nd and Wadsworth about 7:15 if you want to hook up.

Cell number is 303-507-3066.

Welcome to the site!

Pete

Medic-5150
August 10th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Is red cone a trail that could be done in a stock truck? If so, I'll be there.

white collar redneck dad
August 10th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the area. Please join us saturday for a fun long day. Feel free to call me anytime. Charlie 7202538556

Medic-5150
August 10th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Welcome to the area. Please join us saturday for a fun long day. Feel free to call me anytime. Charlie 7202538556

I'll be there! My truck's stock, but from what I've read it looks like I'll be fine. I've got good tires :-P.

Brody
August 11th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I don't know if you have been on here before: traildamage.com but it is a great site for info on alot of trails. Check it out if you haven't already.

Yes indeed it is! It is listed in out 'Trail Resources' thread on this forum as well as other trail information sites. Using this resource in addition to Charles Well's 4 wheeling guides will give you just about all the information you can possibly need.

One of the nice things about traildamage.com is that they have a large number of pictures of each trail, including pictures of critical turns. The pictures show rigs (usually Jeeps) set up from stock to modified going over the hardest sections of trails as well as numerous video clips. I find it is an easy reference for many people as they can readily see how the rigs are set up and how well they are doing the obstacles on particular trails. Using this as a comparison, you can easily tell if your rig can make it.

Charles Well's books tend to rate trails slightly harder than traildamage for the most part and allow for too much interpetation. He uses a simple 'easy to hard' rating system that tends to group hard trails in with trails that are much easier simply because they fall into the 'difficult' category. traildamage.com uses a much cleaner and easier to use numerical rating system, which is fairly standardized across the US, much like rock climbing ratings are.

Medic-5150
August 11th, 2009, 08:21 AM
zfrom what I read it looks like I can make it just fine :)

Roostercruiser
August 12th, 2009, 12:10 AM
last time i was on that trail 10 yrs ago . we had a stripped down entry level 84 jp cherokee 4 clyd and bald tires and no lift. i think youl be fine.