PDA

View Full Version : New motor part 2

Tee Hee
August 21st, 2009, 05:09 PM
I got my motor back form the machine shop today! Back story: I originally had my motor built over the winter and on its second trip out the camshaft broke in two on the Bill More Lake trip in June. I had all the clearances rechecked and everthing re-honed, when the cam failed it took out two of the pistons, lifters and rods. So I went with all new pistons, lifters, rods and an Isky cam, the cam that failed was a Crane they went out of business so they were not much in the way of support:mad: Of course the shop dident find any reason why the original cam failed, so I ended up out of pocket for the parts but they did do the labor for free.

I'm going to put it back in this weekend and hopefully have it tuned in and ready for some of the runs coming up in September!

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk217/Sinister_MaTa/74%20Blazer/IMG_0895.jpg

Funrover
August 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
PURDY!!

WINKY
August 21st, 2009, 05:39 PM
yeah i hate that crap... "i dont see a problem" but at least they did the labor for free, rebuilding and engine aint cheap.

Brody
August 22nd, 2009, 05:02 AM
Good luck on this one!

Had something close to that happen with a engine I had rebuilt. I fired it up, it ran fine. Let it run for 10 minutes, drained all the oil out, replaced the filter, added new oil, and it shelled a main bearing.

In my case, the shop redid the engine (turned out the mechanic had put in a wrong sized bearing) for nothing, but I had to do the uninstall/reinstall twice...better something than nothing..