PDA

View Full Version : is this real?

Roostercruiser
August 24th, 2009, 09:07 PM
i saw this and dont believe it:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHS_kVp3tAk

Chris
August 24th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Isn't that how you unload your truck? ;)

I think it's legit! :thunb:

Roostercruiser
August 24th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Isn't that how you unload your truck? ;)

I think it's legit! :thunb:

:lol::lol:

AboveNBeyond
August 24th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I think it looked real too, plus in third world countries if you can't do some crazy sh!t like that you will be unemployed like the rest.

Sorta the difference between them and us, here everyone just expects :mad:

WINKY
August 24th, 2009, 10:27 PM
thats skillz there i would have busted everyones feet and my head trying that

Brody
August 25th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Are you sure that this isn't some boot leg DEA footage?? No one mentioned what the bricks were made out of....

Looked real to me, except for the fact that those aren't stone or clay 'bricks'. I don't know what they are made of, but they don't seem to weigh much more than a small phone book. Watch the video a little more closely, looking at their arms and how they move when they are handling the 'bricks'....whatever they are made out of, they are too easy to toss around and handle to weigh much...

The speed brick laying stuff is real, too. I worked on a job a number of years ago with a mason who won a brand new Ford F250 (hey...small midwestern towns in the winter..speed brick laying contests really pack 'em in) in a brick laying contest and set a record that lasted about 3 years. He laid something like 900+ bricks in an hour..plumb and level, but the joints didn't have to be struck...

Oh..to split hairs here, this guy isn't a 'brick layer' (ie :mason) or at least that isn't what he is doing in the picture. Technically, he is doing the job of a 'hod carrier'...the 'mule' that gets the bricks, block, stone, and mortar to the actual mason...I did this for a couple of months at the start of every climbing season for years as it was a really good way to get in shape fast and make some $$. I did not carry bricks (of any kind), block or stone on my head, though....

Funrover
August 25th, 2009, 06:43 AM
WOW!!!

KnuckleHead
August 25th, 2009, 12:17 PM
WOW... looks really to me... the bricks do sound a little hollow/light... gotta be some back pain and headach after that..