PDA

View Full Version : Gatemonkey's Rear End.....got damaged

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Low speed crash but no one was hurt (so far, yes, I know it can manifest later), and the guy who crashed into Hugh from behind today was insured.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/IMG_1246.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/IMG_1247.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x102/pathrat40/IMG_1248.jpg

Funrover
August 27th, 2009, 09:01 PM
LOOK AT THAT DAMAGE!!!!!! Time to make it a buggy LOL! Glad no injuries.

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 09:02 PM
That is really what we are doing this weekend...not getting it into the shop and such, but heading to Brody and Sean's house for a cage fab quote. :D

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 09:03 PM
See Aaron, I really do have a good excuse :o

Funrover
August 27th, 2009, 09:05 PM
That is really what we are doing this weekend...not getting it into the shop and such, but heading to Brody and Sean's house for a cage fab quote. :D

Hell yeah!!! Seans rig is pretty sweet, I say you do it!

See Aaron, I really do have a good excuse :o

I believed ya! ;)

Patrolman
August 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Maybe the guy was angered over the bumper sticker? ;)

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM

Hey, FrontRange4x4 is a good site! ;)

The kid that hit him was driving a well-kept later model Exploder. His had to be towed away. He must have wanted a new truck.

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM

As soon as we get at least five matching numbers on the lotto tickets, then we get matching cages!

I believed ya! ;)

Patrolman
August 27th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Good news is that now you can get a super cool rear bumper for it! The $ to put a factory rear bumper on it will buy you something really nice in the aftermarket!

Hypoid
August 27th, 2009, 09:26 PM
GAWD I hate it when that happens!

http://www.rmftc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6451

I'm glad he's OK!

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Patrolman, the insurance company isn't going to hand us cash, they are planning to just pay the shop that fixes the damage. However, Hugh now says that I should move up plans to get a new bumper. He realizes mine pretty much sucks and I would sustain damage if I were hit.

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 09:28 PM
GAWD I hate it when that happens!

http://www.rmftc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6451

I'm glad he's OK!

Thanks, I will re-check him tomorrow. :)

I am so pleased ours doesn't look like that.

Patrolman
August 27th, 2009, 09:40 PM
You aren't legally obligated to get your vehicle fixed at all. Of all the times that I have had a vehicle hit, there was always a settlement in cash from the insurance company. I then did what I wanted with it. Fixed it, sold the vehicle, left it as-is, etc. Of course the insurance company would MUCH rather have you fix it at a shop. They likely have already negotiated a discounted rate with the shop, so they save $.

1freaky1
August 27th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Wow two rangers both rear ended in one month dang (Hugh and Mike), Glad Hugh is ok! That is most important thing.

I believed ya! ;)

Thanks Aaron!

Funrover
August 27th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Oh joy... insurence time.

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 09:51 PM
You aren't legally obligated to get your vehicle fixed at all. Of all the times that I have had a vehicle hit, there was always a settlement in cash from the insurance company. I then did what I wanted with it. Fixed it, sold the vehicle, left it as-is, etc. Of course the insurance company would MUCH rather have you fix it at a shop. They likely have already negotiated a discounted rate with the shop, so they save $.

Thanks for the information! I have hit someone and totalled a vehicle and someone hit me in a Saturn, so of course I just got the dent fixed. I don't have too much experience with this, good thing.

Pathrat
August 27th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Wow two rangers both rear ended in one month dang (Hugh and Mike), Glad Hugh is ok! That is most important thing.

I didn't catch the news on the other Ranger before now...glad Mike is fine too.

Chris
August 27th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Bummer this happened but do understand your rights. Talk to Joe (my son-in-law) at Perry & Terry Auto Body and get good information about your insurance rights. They also do great work.

Check the Friends of Front Range on the main page for a link to their web site.

gragravar
August 27th, 2009, 10:36 PM
from the title of this thread, I was gonna say, "well that sounds like a personal problem" but glad he is OK.

Patrolman
August 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Bummer this happened but do understand your rights. Talk to Joe (my son-in-law) at Perry & Terry Auto Body and get good information about your insurance rights. They also do great work.

Where are they at Chris?

Chris
August 27th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Perry & Terry Auto Body, Inc
1612 Teller Street
Lakewood, Colorado 80214
Phone: 303-232-7852
Fax: 303-232-2475

http://perryandterryautobody.com/

They got slammed with the hail storm out that way but are worth using for the quality work they do. A number of people here have used them and will agree.

I see the "Friends of Front Range 4x4" has vanished. Wonder how I did that. :(

Funrover
August 27th, 2009, 11:55 PM
from the title of this thread, I was gonna say, "well that sounds like a personal problem" but glad he is OK.

ROFLMAO!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hypoid
August 28th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks, I will re-check him tomorrow. :)

I am so pleased ours doesn't look like that.

I think Hugh got more of the hit. His bumper and frame took the energy and probably transfered much of it through the vehicle.

My sheet metal took all the energy from the impact. The back end lifted a little because his car dove under, but I don't even remember being pushed forward.

I do remember stammering the location a half-dozen times before 911 had information they could use. :o

Brody
August 28th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Glad that Hugh is OK! Never fun to be in an accident, injuries or not.

Gate Monkey
August 28th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks Chris...and Thanks to everyone for expressing gladness that no one was hurt! I will talk to Pathrat and maybe we can get the work done at your Son in Law's shop

Tye
August 28th, 2009, 09:13 AM

x2 :lol::lol::lol:

Hypoid
September 10th, 2009, 11:49 PM

I spoke with Joe today, my truck is still a total, but he took the time to explain the process and put me at ease.

Props to him!

Oh, and I used your name. LOL

Chris
September 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM
:thunb: