PDA

View Full Version : Chinn's or Lomond: Which has better fishing?

BlackRubi
September 2nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
I'm just wondering where I should most of my time tomorrow.

AboveNBeyond
September 2nd, 2009, 04:18 PM
I'm just wondering where I should most of my time tomorrow.

Umm huh?? lol

I here Wheeler is good, but I dunno about the 2 your mention?

Hypoid
September 2nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
I've been to Loch Lamond only, and was taunted by several hundred pan-sized trout the evening I plied them with Night Crawlers and Salmon Eggs. They kept jumping out of the water and repeating: "If you only brought a fly rod! If you only brought a fly rod!"

I think Sean has fished Chinn's lake.

BlackRubi
September 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
I've been to Loch Lamond only, and was taunted by several hundred pan-sized trout the evening I plied them with Night Crawlers and Salmon Eggs. They kept jumping out of the water and repeating: "If you only brought a fly rod! If you only brought a fly rod!"

I think Sean has fished Chinn's lake.

To solve the need for a flyrod (I closed mine in a car door), I've been using clear plastic bobbers about 4 feet above a fly of choice. It works quite well.

The two lakes are pretty close to one another, and I'll see both, I just want to know where the beeter fishing is.

1freaky1
September 3rd, 2009, 04:04 AM
When I fished Chinn's lake those lil boogers were super picky, I was tossing flies at them left and right identical to what they were feeding on and not one bite. You can actually hit Chinns Lake, Fall river res. and Loch Lomond in one day cause all 3 are in the same are, there are actually like 2-4 lakes in each basin in that area.
From the pincs I saw on another site of Chinns its down quite far could be a plus for the fishing. here is a pic of the lakes.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/scwinddancers/lakes.jpg